The Tornadoes of UC v/s The Lions of Dresden.

BigSwo

Well I can say that I have not seen the kind of arrogance you are talking about. Atleast not from the guys on the T and not toward me or UC. Not sure why you said that. Its none of my business if yall wanna trash talk each other, be my guest. But I do want to make an observation.... as bad as you say Dresden is let me ask this.....when is the last time WV beat the Lions? I dont know because I dont follow 2A at all.

If I am correct, we are 24-6 in the last 30 meetings between Martin/Martin-Westview and Dresden over the last 5 decades. We are 10-2 in the last 12 meetings and Dresden has won the last 2 meetings. I'm glad to see them doing better as well, I just hope when the "beatings" start back up from us they don't high tail it off the schedule again. This year is actually pretty good....last year was the "worst" between the two teams, but I believe a lot of it came from Coach G. Players do as their coaches. He got fired (let go) and the dresden (hog) boards are a lot better and so are the players' attitudes. The team has a lot more class/humility this year and are actually easier to pull for (but we can't admit that publicly..lol). I do think UC will drill them, because they really are 1 dimensional with 1 player (and a very good one at that) and UC has a "tough" defense and an explosive "running back" (more team oriented in all facets of the game).

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am correct, we are 24-6 in the last 30 meetings between Martin/Martin-Westview and Dresden over the last 5 decades. We are 10-2 in the last 12 meetings and Dresden has won the last 2 meetings. I'm glad to see them doing better as well, I just hope when the "beatings" start back up from us they don't high tail it off the schedule again. This year is actually pretty good....last year was the "worst" between the two teams, but I believe a lot of it came from Coach G. Players do as their coaches. He got fired (let go) and the dresden (hog) boards are a lot better and so are the players' attitudes. The team has a lot more class/humility this year and are actually easier to pull for (but we can't admit that publicly..lol). I do think UC will drill them, because they really are 1 dimensional with 1 player (and a very good one at that) and UC has a "tough" defense and an explosive "running back" (more team oriented in all facets of the game).

Well now I know. I didnt realize this was such a rivalry. Or is it? I mean to have a rivalry both teams have to win close to the same amount of games. ......Yeah we have more than just one good back. Everyone knows about Hyde and all that he has done for us the last 2 years but this season he has some help. Now everything will begin with Hyde in most situations but thats the veer. The great news this year is that we have 2 more speedy slot backs and a QB that is strong and makes good reads and knows when to tuck it and run. We like it alot when teams focus on #25. thats when we burn em. and anybody who tries to load the box will get surprised by the pass and the speed we have on the corners. I love this offense.

Not that it matters any to the Dresden fan base, but you will see the "soon to be" ( this Friday Night ) the all time leading rusher in total yards in Union City Football history when MR. HYDE , #25 takes the field. He will break that record on your field come Friday night. He is less than 60 yards .....51 to be exact, from breaking that record. I look for Union City to use this game as a vaulting game for the rest of the season. Going into a place where a team in undefeated ( 5 - 0 ), ranked #2 in the state and in a higher class has Union City coming in as the underdog big time but don't let your guard down, these kids will be ready come Friday night. One thing our coach has been able to do this year is play our 2nd and 3rd string kids alot. We had a freshman lead us in tackles just this past Friday night against Greenfield. Our second and 3rd string played from the middle of the second quarter on. It was 35 to 0 after the 1st quarter and Union City didn't even play hard at all when their 1st stringers were in. That can be good and that can be bad. That is one reason why the Obion County Central Rebels lost early in the playoffs last year, their starters didn't play as much. If our secondary could step up and play tough, Union City should be fine well into the playoffs. Hope to see everyone there Friday night and by the way, Tinkle and is possy will be at another game. You will have to tune into 105.7 to hear the Union City/Dresden game.

Edited by UCGRAD

Not that it matters any to the Dresden fan base, but you will see the "soon to be" ( this Friday Night ) the all time leading rusher in total yards in Union City Football history when MR. HYDE , #25 takes the field. He will break that record on your field come Friday night. He is less than 60 yards .....51 to be exact, from breaking that record. I look for Union City to use this game as a vaulting game for the rest of the season. Going into a place where a team in undefeated ( 5 - 0 ), ranked #2 in the state and in a higher class has Union City coming in as the underdog big time but don't let your guard down, these kids will be ready come Friday night. One thing our coach has been able to do this year is play our 2nd and 3rd string kids alot. We had a freshman lead us in tackles just this past Friday night against Greenfield. Our second and 3rd string played from the middle of the second quarter on. It was 35 to 0 after the 1st quarter and Union City didn't even play hard at all when their 1st stringers were in. That can be good and that can be bad. That is one reason why the Obion County Central Rebels lost early in the playoffs last year, their starters didn't play as much. If our secondary could step up and play tough, Union City should be fine well into the playoffs. Hope to see everyone there Friday night and by the way, Tinkle and is possy will be at another game. You will have to tune into 105.7 to hear the Union City/Dresden game.

Hyde is amazing to watch, he is a true beast and congrats to his soon to be record. Hopefully you will have to wait a week longer for it to happen though. I hope UC gives it to him every play of the game because if they do Dresden will win. Just like UC will key their defense on #34, also which I hope they do. This game will be decided by a team effort and it will take the supporting cast to determine who wins. You have some speedy backs to help Hyde and we have a couple to help #34 we have a power back that runs up the middle pretty good, (which will be tougher this week, I suppose). You don't see anyone from Dresden talking smack about UC or any other team for that matter. We have the cry baby that lives south of us trying to stirr up stuff because he cant get anyone to talk about his team and for some reason he didn't like one of our coaches. Guess coach G must have taken candy away from him as a child or took his starting spot at Bethel. Still think this game will come down to throwing the ball because we both are going to try and stop the run. Really your not impressing anyone talking about the JV playing against Greenfield, they are rebuilding and have been on a downward slide for a few years. Dresden and Greenfield aren't really comparable teams, at this moment, anyway. How much did your JV players play against West Carroll or Huntingdon? Not saying we are as good as either of those teams but I would say we are closer to them than Greenfield.

Well I can say that I have not seen the kind of arrogance you are talking about. Atleast not from the guys on the T and not toward me or UC. Not sure why you said that. Its none of my business if yall wanna trash talk each other, be my guest. But I do want to make an observation.... as bad as you say Dresden is let me ask this.....when is the last time WV beat the Lions? I dont know because I dont follow 2A at all.

He is just a hater. Westview has owned Dresden in the past. This is a new era and I think if we keep playing them that we will win 5 of the next 7 years. Our middle school is pretty amazing at the moment and if they stick together they will be a HS force to recon with, in 2 or 3 years. Only thing I wish would happen is they alternate fields. UTM is not a neutral field although the great Hogheaven called it Lion's Den South and for two years it has been.

I have not seen much arrogance from them this year, but my dislike of their fans comes from last years state championship. They were very arrogant on the thread that week and then they made up excuses after the game.

I have not seen much arrogance from them this year, but my dislike of their fans comes from last years state championship. They were very arrogant on the thread that week and then they made up excuses after the game.

Hmmm...I Remember Your Fans Doing The Same That Week...And You Have Rubbed The Win In Every Since...

Well I gotta say the biggest question looming in my mind for this weeks game hasn't even been mentioned yet..who is gonna be the starting quarterback? Do you dance with the one that brought ya (#34) or do ya go to the qb that started the year and has played a total of a 1/2 game all year long due to injury in the biggest game he's been in yet?