Cloudland visits Greenback

orngnblk

Just watched the Unaka game,looks like you all have some grit this yr.Looking forward to fri!

Yeah, them boys are not soft. Your line will have to play hard all night. We are just not at your alls level talent wise. Don't be surprised if all your yards come off tackle. Nobody has run up the gut on these Landers. We will have a long night if your runners get in open field.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is off topic, but Derek Dooley needs to go. Tennessee continues to embarrass its fanbase and fail to uphold its tradition as a national and SEC powerhouse. These continued losses to Florida have got to stop somewhere along the line. You may have fans start slitting their wrists before too much longer. And its not so much the losing part, but the way they are losing. Not fighting til the final horn sounds and just giving up. It just shows that Dooley has recruited players who don't have the character to stand in the face of adversity. I'm disgusted with Volunteer football. All we heard was how this was gonna be the year the Vols run the table in the conference and how good Bray and his recievers were. Everybody got all high and mighty after we beat a terrible NC State team. I'm mean c'mon. NC State sucks. Florida just showed us whats gonna be happening all year against the SEC. Bray is gonna panic under pressure and throw a ton of int's. Hunter and Patterson don't like DB's getting in their face. They're no where near as good when you've got corners with testicular fortitude that will jam you up at the line. And our running backs are Sun Belt level runners. What a joke! If these guys coaching want to stay around, then they need to get some bad azzes in here and get rid of some of these snot nosed punks who likes to hit girls cars with beer bottles. Pathetic!! mad.gif

You are correct, it is off topic.

Your view is only one way to look at yesterday's game. From my vantage point you and many other Vol " fans " are guilty of unrealistic expectations. Tennesse is not and was not a top 25 team , I don't care what the polls say. They actually for most of the game played a real top 25 team pretty well. I don't know what lead to the collapse, lots of places to point the finger and I am sure some defense coaches are pretty puckered up at the moment. The program was in a shambles, I don't know if Dooley is the one who is going to right the ship or not, but it is obvious he will need more time . For a new coach and staff to build a program at almost any level usually takes a minimum of 4 years. Look around at the high school level and see what it takes to pull a progam up out of the crapper. It is too early to tell if Dooley is going to be able to bring steady IMPROVEMENT which is all we should expect at the moment. If at the end of the year this team is no better than last years then I say send him packing. At the moment I believe this years team while full of holes is much better than the group who lost to KT last season.

You are correct, it is off topic.

Your view is only one way to look at yesterday's game. From my vantage point you and many other Vol " fans " are guilty of unrealistic expectations. Tennesse is not and was not a top 25 team , I don't care what the polls say. They actually for most of the game played a real top 25 team pretty well. I don't know what lead to the collapse, lots of places to point the finger and I am sure some defense coaches are pretty puckered up at the moment. The program was in a shambles, I don't know if Dooley is the one who is going to right the ship or not, but it is obvious he will need more time . For a new coach and staff to build a program at almost any level usually takes a minimum of 4 years. Look around at the high school level and see what it takes to pull a progam up out of the crapper. It is too early to tell if Dooley is going to be able to bring steady IMPROVEMENT which is all we should expect at the moment. If at the end of the year this team is no better than last years then I say send him packing. At the moment I believe this years team while full of holes is much better than the group who lost to KT last season.

Well, i'm not gonna say any more here cause Butchie will get on our case for not staying on topic. Cloudland has got a long drive to Greenback. They need to leave it all on the field down there and they'll come home a winner regardless of the final outcome.

You Know Me All Too Well....Good Luck To Both Teams...I Will Be With Pujo The 28th..Anxiously Anticipating, Meeting Some Of You Hosers!

I chose to vent on the wrong thread....my bad.....I'd like to meet you too Mr. Smith. You gave me some good advice thats working so far. I'll more than likely be on the mountain the 28th. It will be our homecoming and my little girls want to see the parade.....however if circumstances allow, I might can venture down at halftime and chat with you fellers!

I chose to vent on the wrong thread....my bad.....I'd like to meet you too Mr. Smith. You gave me some good advice thats working so far. I'll more than likely be on the mountain the 28th. It will be our homecoming and my little girls want to see the parade.....however if circumstances allow, I might can venture down at halftime and chat with you fellers!

Well I May Have Been Drunk When I Gave That Advice, But hey?...If it's Working I'll Claim it!...Me And Duck Will Be Arriving Like The Night Before..So's We can Check out The Surroundings...Maybe We Can Meet up Then?

Well I May Have Been Drunk When I Gave That Advice, But hey?...If it's Working I'll Claim it!...Me And Duck Will Be Arriving Like The Night Before..So's We can Check out The Surroundings...Maybe We Can Meet up Then?

Alot of nice scenery in this area, I can show you feller some breath taking places. Not sure if you fellers like that kind of thing,but its pretty amazing.

You fellers want to break bread at my house Thursday night. My ole skillet slinger whoops up a mean mess of Lasagna.

Hey that would be great. I don't have to work Thursday or friday. I'll email you my cell-phone number so you can text me when you get here. Maybe I can buy you all some lunch Friday.