Cloudland visits Greenback

orngnblk

1995, i want nothing more than to see this team win.I have been behind them through the good years and bad years and i know this year could turn out to be special.Didnt know anyone one get their feelings hurt if i started a thread a little early.Never questioned playing time for any player and i dont think anyone deserves playing time unless they earned it.I know what its like to only get to play the first half and be done because you have done beat the team you are playing.I know every starter on that field wants to play all 4 quaters no matter the score because they have worked there tails off all week in practice All i said is i think there is enough kids with plenty of skills to return punts and kickoffs on that team.This team has alot of athletes that can do alot of stuff anywhere you put them. Now lets talk cloudland,i think this game may be a little better than what we have watched the past few weeks.Gback 42 Cloudland 21

What in the world makes you think cloudland will score 21?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What in the world makes you think cloudland will score 21?

Thats true. If we get any points at all, it will be in the opening quarter. Great teams ususally adjust during the course of the game. I think Greenback will be surprised by the power of RB Taylor Whitehead. You can't arm tackle him and he never goes down on initial contact. Our QB has good feet and a good arm. He just doesn't have the recieving corp he had at West Greene. We have some boys who can catch the ball but I'm concerned with our plays. We only run straight down the field. No slants or post corners. No hooks or tightend routes across the middle. We have been very successful with our misdirection. The offensive line has improved since Coalfield. Defense is our strong point. We've suffocated every body between the tackles. Coalfield hurt us with counters and swing passes but I thought we done a good job defending the middle of the field.

Thats true. If we get any points at all, it will be in the opening quarter. Great teams ususally adjust during the course of the game. I think Greenback will be surprised by the power of RB Taylor Whitehead. You can't arm tackle him and he never goes down on initial contact. Our QB has good feet and a good arm. He just doesn't have the recieving corp he had at West Greene. We have some boys who can catch the ball but I'm concerned with our plays. We only run straight down the field. No slants or post corners. No hooks or tightend routes across the middle. We have been very successful with our misdirection. The offensive line has improved since Coalfield. Defense is our strong point. We've suffocated every body between the tackles. Coalfield hurt us with counters and swing passes but I thought we done a good job defending the middle of the field.

I'm sure he is a fine athlete but I didn't see a lot of "arm tackles" when Greenback was up here. Pretty physical bunch. They swarm to the ball very well, not gonna get the edge by running lateral on 'em either. Big nasties up front plug holes in a hurry for the 'tween the tackles stuff. If Cloudland has an average or above passing game then maybe power run with a fair amount of pass will loosen up some running lanes but make no mistake, they don't have any problems going man & still throwing 7 in the box with 1 safety "hovering" to play run or pass support. Biggest asset they have this year is depth. Greenback almost always throws a quality 11 on the field but a lot of times there is a noticeable drop off when the subs rotate in or they just don't rotate & wear down. This year they have depth, not a lot of noticeable drop off from the 1's to the 2's. Good ball team & sounds like Cloudland is headed the right direction. Good luck to both & hope both stay healthy.

I'm sure he is a fine athlete but I didn't see a lot of "arm tackles" when Greenback was up here. Pretty physical bunch. They swarm to the ball very well, not gonna get the edge by running lateral on 'em either. Big nasties up front plug holes in a hurry for the 'tween the tackles stuff. If Cloudland has an average or above passing game then maybe power run with a fair amount of pass will loosen up some running lanes but make no mistake, they don't have any problems going man & still throwing 7 in the box with 1 safety "hovering" to play run or pass support. Biggest asset they have this year is depth. Greenback almost always throws a quality 11 on the field but a lot of times there is a noticeable drop off when the subs rotate in or they just don't rotate & wear down. This year they have depth, not a lot of noticeable drop off from the 1's to the 2's. Good ball team & sounds like Cloudland is headed the right direction. Good luck to both & hope both stay healthy.

Yeah, I made that quote cause Whitehead has carried 2 or 3 defenders 10 yards. He's really not that big, just very powerful in both his upper and lower body. It'll be interesting to see how we block. We could not block Coalfield's front four in the second half. I think the line just got too tired. It was the 2nd game of the season. We didn't have any resistance the first game with Andrews. It was like going from pushing around little boys to getting man handled by grown men. Our last 2 games were cup cakes so I'm not sure we'll be ready for a heavy weight fighter with knock out power. The one thing I hope for is that the speed of this game will help us translate that speed against Cosby the following week.

Don't be calling out the receivers. The QB hasn't thrown a good pass down field since opening game against Andrews. Even against a pitiful Unaka defense he missed every throw down field. Zac, Austin and Nick have all had their man beat to only be over thrown several times. I'm not bashing on Jeffery. He's our QB. I'm gonna be at EVERY game, supporting this TEAM through every bad pass, dropped ball, fumble or whatever. But its not the receivers dropping the balls. He's not getting it to them. There have been WAY more bad throws than dropped balls. Until he consistently hits his targets, I wouldn't brag on his arm. Whether our receiving corp is as good as WG's or not, he hasn't been accurate at all. But then no more than we throw it, what's it matter? He does his part running the ball very well.

Don't be calling out the receivers. The QB hasn't thrown a good pass down field since opening game against Andrews. Even against a pitiful Unaka defense he missed every throw down field. Zac, Austin and Nick have all had their man beat to only be over thrown several times. I'm not bashing on Jeffery. He's our QB. I'm gonna be at EVERY game, supporting this TEAM through every bad pass, dropped ball, fumble or whatever. But its not the receivers dropping the balls. He's not getting it to them. There have been WAY more bad throws than dropped balls. Until he consistently hits his targets, I wouldn't brag on his arm. Whether our receiving corp is as good as WG's or not, he hasn't been accurate at all. But then no more than we throw it, what's it matter? He does his part running the ball very well.

Wasn't calling out anyone or meant any harm. He hasn't been very accurate this year but I would also like to see more routes besides the deep ones. Its just football talk. icon_e_smile.gif