Maryville @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I think our 1's did beat your 2's in the 4th quarter. Sorry got to find something good out of this whuppin.

I think Blade was still trying for a win, and we've already played the 2's, 3's and JV's in other games. Can't do that against Maryville,

I don't agree that Blade was thinking about a win , it was 38-7 with 6 min left in 3rd qtr , George mass substituted , Blade knew Maryville had all their subs in . I've always thought highly of Blade but this lowers my opinion of him some , I really am glad that Coach Quarles is our Coach and I'm not , because I would of put the first string back in after Blade brought the house against the second string to get the safety . I would of tried my best to put up a half a hundred .... but like I said , that's just me and I am very thankful that we have Coach Quarles who is all CLASS ... no matter what some of our " pretend " Rebel fans may think .

I hope all of our Maryville fans are back on board now , it was hilarious to hear some Rebel fans I know complaining about the Defense , etc , etc ... Guys this is George Quarles we're talking about ... of course this team is going to just get better and better .

Which reminds me of something about Coach Quarles ... I guess we really don't know what George would do if we were down by 4 plus TD's in the second half do we ??? Has never happened on George's watch .

I don't agree that Blade was thinking about a win , it was 38-7 with 6 min left in 3rd qtr , George mass substituted , Blade knew Maryville had all their subs in . I've always thought highly of Blade but this lowers my opinion of him some , I really am glad that Coach Quarles is our Coach and I'm not , because I would of put the first string back in after Blade brought the house against the second string to get the safety . I would of tried my best to put up a half a hundred .... but like I said , that's just me and I am very thankful that we have Coach Quarles who is all CLASS ... no matter what some of our " pretend " Rebel fans may think .

I hope all of our Maryville fans are back on board now , it was hilarious to hear some Rebel fans I know complaining about the Defense , etc , etc ... Guys this is George Quarles we're talking about ... of course this team is going to just get better and better .

Which reminds me of something about Coach Quarles ... I guess we really don't know what George would do if we were down by 4 plus TD's in the second half do we ??? Has never happened on George's watch .

Lets look at it from another angle, GQ pulled his 1's about half way into the 3rd up 38-7 right? Blade left his 1's in until 2 minutes left in the 4th right? so when OR was tryin to make it look more respectable by making it appear closer than it actually was GQ was getting his 2's and 3's some extremely valuable work/playing time. I think it was a great coaching job by the OR staff!!

I don't see what's wrong with trying to

make the game more respectable. also I don't pretend to be a big maryville fan, but I do respect what they have accomplished.having said that I will say that quarles has done a few questionable things over the years, such as going for it on 4th down or trying for a two point conversion when they are already up big,those could be considered classless.

Edited by Governors91

make the game more respectable. also I don't pretend to be a big maryville fan, but I do respect what they have accomplished.having said that I will say that quarles has done a few questionable things over the years, such as going for it on 4th down or trying for a two point conversion when they are already up big,those could be considered classless.

I agree, Gov...Blade wasn't doing it to be disrespectful. We had to do something to take away SOMETHING positive for this game. Obviously it didn't bother Quarles near as much as it did most of the Murvil fans on here. Seriously, you whipped our tails, we wanted to take something positive away from the game. Quit pointing out silly thing. Everybody knows yall won comfortably. I respect our guys for not giving up, even if it was against the 2nd teamers. Yalls 2nd teamers could start for most other teams in the state. If it had bothered Quarles as much as it has chapped some of yall on here, then he woulda brought his hosses back in. I have so much respect for Maryville, their fans, and most of all George Quarles, but lets dont act like he has never done anything remotely questionable. Classy? Definitely! But, he is human, too. Give Blade a break.Gotta Find something to complain about, i reckon. Wouldn't have blamed yall a bit if you had of done the same thing to us. Everybody there at the game and who was watching obviously knew who the better team was tonight. I just respect our guys for still trying and playing very hard, even though they got whipped.

Edited by SweetScience

What is more beneficial to your program in the long run > making a score more respectable where you have been completely out played or getting your young players valuable game reps. IMO you are doing your program and kids wrong, sometimes one must realize that taking a step back ....moves you forward. How does it give the 1's a boost of confidence knowing they had success against another teams 2's and 3's ? Now let your 2's and 3's get a couple first downs or make a defensive stop and start the learning process early for them > let them realize they can have some positive plays and move on to next weeks game for your 1's. Im sure GQ would be the first to tell you he is not perfect and makes mistakes, but I bet if you could have him coaching your team, you would take him.thumb[1].gif

Edited by Rebels5star

What is more beneficial to your program in the long run > making a score more respectable where you have been completely out played or getting your young players valuable game reps. IMO you are doing your program and kids wrong, sometimes one must realize that taking a step back ....moves you forward. How does it give the 1's a boost of confidence knowing they had success against another teams 2's and 3's ? Now let your 2's and 3's get a couple first downs or make a defensive stop and start the learning process early for them > let them realize they can have some positive plays and move on to next weeks game for your 1's. Im sure GQ would be the first to tell you he is not perfect and makes mistakes, but I bet if you could have him coaching your team, you would take him.thumb[1].gif

Well, hindsight is 20/20...I have a hard time believing a team that was totally the better team tonight, can find something to still complain about. I'd be pretty darn happy if i were you guys. And well duh, who wouldn't take George Quarles as the coach of their team? Yall are VERY blessed to have him. Put him on OR's sideline and we are probably one of the top 5 teams in the state, as well. Idk about Maryville, but OR if yall didn't notice has tons of guys playing both ways. That was the difference in tonights game, overall depth on the Maryville side. That, and coaching, and just plain and simple better execution. I have said it before, and will say it again. Maryville has the best staff in America. If it isn't id like to see one thats better. I'd hate to see what Quarles could do with a team with the athletic ability of say last years Whitehaven squad. Scary.

Yeah, we lost our best WR #5 real early in the game, but wouldn't have changed the outcome. Outcoached (bigtime) outplayed, not prepared, kids looked lacadaisical even before the game started, i thought. Blade abandoned the running game, waaaayyyy too early and panicked. Blade abandoned the run completely, until later in the game when it was already decided after Prevo's long run. You have a guy in Hall who is 5'9 AT MOST out there passing the ball like he is Tom Brady...We had guys open a lot, but couldn't get it to them or they dropped it, but mostly #10 just had a really bad night...Terrible playcalling tonight i thought. And when we did call the right plays, guys would drop the ball or fumble, or Hall would overthrow them or underthrow them. That one ball he threw straight up in the air, the guy was sitting wide open in the EZ...but he lost grip, and int...Really really disappointing night as an OR fan. We just looked really really bad. But, all the credit in the world goes to Maryville, but you aren't gonna beat a team like Maryville throwing 90% of the time from the 2nd qtr onward. Right before the half i woulda ran the ball right when OR got the prevo fb recovery, but we decided to pass it 3 times in a row, which resulted in Maryville getting the ball back with over 5 mins left. I thought if we had of just ran it there we coulda went into the half with only a 14 point deficit, as well as getting the ball in the 2nd half. I like Blade a lot, but he i thought made some very poor coaching decisions tonight. Maryville should win state again. Great game Maryville, wish you the best.

Well Sweet , it looks to me like you did a lot better job ripping on Blade than I did ... funny .

If Normand or Hall or someone else had gotten hurt trying to "Take something positive " away from the game you would be ripping him apart right now .