Lewis County 3-1 vs. Page 3-2.

CopenhagenBandit11

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks CB. I appreciate it. The team has made a huge leap this year. The fact that we were in the game at somepoint with both Page and Lewis County is light years from last year. I think that if the boys can learn how to be a better

second half team we might pull a surprise this season and get a second W. But the experience coupled with the progress the team knows they are making will hopefully pay dividends next year when we finally have a senior class. I am also curious to see how the sophomore class does as juniors. There are 24 of them and by this time next year they will have already played two years of varsity football. 12 of them are either starters or play extensive time. That could be a huge x-factor next year.

So that I am on point with this thread and not just a Summit shrill, I can't wait to see how this game btw Lewis County and Page plays out. Your two teams are very different. LC had some key players out against us so I can't give a full report except to say that they are loaded with speed. Page handled our running game much more effectively. And Page was very effective with the passing game; especially the short underneath routes. I would imagine LC will do a better job against the pass then we did with the speedy athletic DB's they have. Those DB's are their RB's and I think Page will have harder time containing them then they did against our run game. LC has very few seniors and as mentioned Page is loaded with them. That could play a factor. I don't have an opinion on who will win because it's going to come down to big plays for Lewis County vs. time of possession for Page. It's going to be close.

As long as your boys keep there heads on and continue to work towards reaching that success after a tough couple of years they will get it. Even though they have only won 1 game I saw Summit play once last year and twice this year and I can see huge difference. Even though I'm a page fan i will always pull for y'all to after I talked to a couple of your players last year and the things they said about other teams dogging them and talking to them on the field about how bad they were they said they can't wait to be seniors and juniors so they can compete on even level and show everybody what they have grown into. I really hope y'all succeed. I know a couple of the kids and personally and y'all have a good group of kids.

I think this game could be close I'm not sure I want to say page by 3 or 6 but I can't tell especially after the game they played against Indy nation. I understand Indy is an obvious better team so before anyone says something about that. But I don't see either of these teams putting up the big numbers

I can see them putting up big numbers against each other because there both pretty even. Page has some big playmakers and it sounds like Lewis does as well. Page will control TOP and pull out a win but it will be a dogfight. As far as that Indepedece team goes, y'all are very impressive. That big boy that plays running back (I can't think of his name) is very impressive, runs hard and falls forward everytime he gets the ball and Vic Wharton is just exciting. If y'alls run game stays that way then yall are poised for a playoff run. Assuming you don't get an early matchup with Siegal or Riverdale.

Usually every team thinks we are slow. But every game so far, nobody has been able to catch #6 and #7 when they brake away into open field. #5 is fast, he's just more shifty. His cuts are one of the best i've ever seen. But Page i heard slings it ALL the time. That might be a problem for LC. i don't know for sure though.

I'm surprised everyone always says that. I was a junior on the team back when we first started playing each other in the dirstrict and y'all have always had a lot of speed. Also very well coached. This ones gonna be a dogfight.

As long as your boys keep there heads on and continue to work towards reaching that success after a tough couple of years they will get it. Even though they have only won 1 game I saw Summit play once last year and twice this year and I can see huge difference. Even though I'm a page fan i will always pull for y'all to after I talked to a couple of your players last year and the things they said about other teams dogging them and talking to them on the field about how bad they were they said they can't wait to be seniors and juniors so they can compete on even level and show everybody what they have grown into. I really hope y'all succeed. I know a couple of the kids and personally and y'all have a good group of kids.

You no doubt have talked to some of the boys b/c everything you said is true. I can say for certain that both Page head coaches acted with total class this year and last. And the families of the Page players who came over are first class as well. I can't help but hope for good things for y'all as well with those experiences.

You no doubt have talked to some of the boys b/c everything you said is true. I can say for certain that both Page head coaches acted with total class this year and last. And the families of the Page players who came over are first class as well. I can't help but hope for good things for y'all as well with those experiences.

That's why I'm proud to have played at this school and still support them. We always show class and are friendly and respectful as yall are also.

2 more days till game day. Can't wait to see this shake out. Which game do yall think is a bigger game this week? LC vs Page or HC vs Fairview?

I can't wait for the game. I think the two games are equal. All these teams will get a big boost from a big win Friday as far as the push for second in the district.