Dobyns-Bennett bye week. Where can we improve?

dbFAN91

Man this thread has been fun to read. You got all your DB haters in the area coming on here and spouting out at the mouth. It's kind of like the big bully running his mouth but when the time comes really won't do anything. Greene Devils, Southers and most other area wide schools know in a head to head football game DB would come out winning 9 out of 10 times. This is fact !

Now, I think if DB could cut back on penalties., Stay with your man in the defensive secondary, and see if we could find more targets for Foreman when passing that would be a good start on improvements.

Your not supposed to mention the problems in the secondary. You might hurt sombody's feelings.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no connection with the 44-0 beat down we put on your South team and the 13-10 loss to William Blount. I could understand a William Blount fan comming on here to rub that in our face but your a South fan. Thats like saying my dad can't whip your dad but my dads neighbor can. What part of 44-0 don't you understand?

There is most certainly a connection. You just can't see it.That 13-10 will live much longer than the 44-0. Just don't understand the obsession. Very strange indeed.

what happens when #6 and #8 graduate? I didn't see many playmakers come in when the 2nd teams were playing.

Man,I thought you died or something. You and your little db buddies were talking a big game before the reality of the beatdown on Friday and you never came back to that thread. I'm glad to see you're still alive. Good luck the rest of the season. rolleyes.gif

This thread was supposed to be on what we need to do to improve. The first thing we need to do is petition the TSSAA to put us in another District so we can get away from all these idiots. No matter what the cost of travel is. I mean, we can beat them year in and year out 63-0 and they still talk crap. Wow. You know what, if i were to talk crap to someone and they whipped my butt once a year i believe i would stop talking trash eventually. Hello? And as far as next year, we might be down in talent for next year but i'm betting we are still going to be hard to handle for most of you. So Sweep, Jhilts and Greendevil, you guys better get or keep us on the schedule next year if you want to even sniff at a victory. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your thoughts on the conference members next year?

It will be THE BIG 6 - all the same less then 4A SULLIVAN SOUTH AND SULLIVAN CENTRAL. The TSSAA should have voted to drop back to only 5A in Football but they didn't... District 1 AAA (5A/6A Football) will consist of:

Dobyns-Bennett, Science Hill, Tennessee High, Daniel Boone, David Crockett and Volunteer and they will all have 5 Conference Games and 5 Non-Conference Games. Everyone will be able to build up their schedule to be more Playoff ready, but will they?

As I said, DB will not re-up the Clinton Game, no way they play a 4A Sullivan Central Team and I would just about bet the farm that the South Series is dead and gone to never return, especially with South being 4A, it would be like playing Greeneville. Going 4A will be great for the South Rebels...look out Green Devils.

Roll Tribe Roll

It will be THE BIG 6 - all the same less then 4A SULLIVAN SOUTH AND SULLIVAN CENTRAL. The TSSAA should have voted to drop back to only 5A in Football but they didn't... District 1 AAA (5A/6A Football) will consist of:

Dobyns-Bennett, Science Hill, Tennessee High, Daniel Boone, David Crockett and Volunteer and they will all have 5 Conference Games and 5 Non-Conference Games. Everyone will be able to build up their schedule to be more Playoff ready, but will they?

As I said, DB will not re-up the Clinton Game, no way they play a 4A Sullivan Central Team and I would just about bet the farm that the South Series is dead and gone to never return, especially with South being 4A, it would be like playing Greeneville. Going 4A will be great for the South Rebels...look out Green Devils.

Roll Tribe Roll

Hope we get Oak Ridge

Roll Tribe Roll

I think we'll have a better idea once the TSSAA publishes the enrollment figures and we have a pretty good idea of who is going somewhere.

I remember after the classification vote, Stacy Carter was quoted as saying that several coaches didn't want to return to the previous 5 classification format because several schools would be placed in a 6 team conference, and it is extremely difficult to schedule that many out of conference games. It looks like that is going to be the case, anyway.

I know some SH folks are wanting to beef up the schedule as part of the over all developmental process. It will be an interesting time, to say the least.

Are you going to answer the question or not?

First, let me state again that I'm just glad you're alive - you completely disappeared after Friday's game.

To answer your question, we have two options as I see it. 1) we can just reload like we normally do or 2) we can recruit from the greater Boone area and pull in a cocky, big mouth, cheap shot artist like #23. On second thought, we'll just stick with Option 1.

Roll BIG DB!!

Edited by BigBoy63