Sycamore wrestling

Hamblin

Coaches,

Please dont abandon your scheduling with Sycamore. Please dont abandon their two tournaments if you were invited to them. Regardless of the outcome of this Mondays meeting (9-17-12) between the parents/community and the School Board Director, these kids are entitled to a season. These kids are entitled to continue in the building process. I did the best job I could to schedule the toughest schedule possible. This is a team bent but not broken. I told these kids that we havent been training the past 3 years just to quit in the end because we arent happy with decisions that have been made.

Some of these kids see wrestling as their way out. Please dont deny them of the opportunity to compete. My schedule was submitted to P.A. Bowler and the AD before I was cut loose. It is my desire to see it fulfilled.

Thank you for your time and your support.

Hamblin.

Coaches,

Please dont abandon your scheduling with Sycamore. Please dont abandon their two tournaments if you were invited to them. Regardless of the outcome of this Mondays meeting (9-17-12) between the parents/community and the School Board Director, these kids are entitled to a season. These kids are entitled to continue in the building process. I did the best job I could to schedule the toughest schedule possible. This is a team bent but not broken. I told these kids that we havent been training the past 3 years just to quit in the end because we arent happy with decisions that have been made.

Some of these kids see wrestling as their way out. Please dont deny them of the opportunity to compete. My schedule was submitted to P.A. Bowler and the AD before I was cut loose. It is my desire to see it fulfilled.

Thank you for your time and your support.

Hamblin.

Don't know anything about this other than what I read here and in your local paper. I must say the whole thing really smells and these kids and their parents deserve some say before you are given the boot. I've dealt with admin types and ADs who are hostile to wrestling and they are a low form of life. It sounds like you have done a great job and I hope you are fully vidicated and allowed to remain. If not you may consider a move to east TN. Several openings for a man with your skills. Check with " animal " he usually knows where a good coach is needed.

Please understand that this is information only. I am trying to keep my schedule intact and I am trying to keep from losing both tournaments that I have made for this school. We are still fighting. Dont bail on Sycamore. I spoke with the Director of Schools for an hour. Although he gave me no indication of his decision he said we would have one by the end of this week. I feel confident he will do the right thing. I cannot speak for those looking to replace me and have no idea what their plan is. I will let you know something when I know it.

Thanks guys.

Hamblin

We fought the good fight and lost. The Administration has given my program to the guy it was taken away from a few years back. His name is Wes Proctor. According to the small group of kids present in the meeting the new coach informed them that this is no longer team Hamblin, and this is no longer team Seifert. Seifert was my faculty assistant. He told these kids that they need to forget everything I taught them and they needed to learn a new way of wrestling. What a way to start the season for these kids. I was informed that his assistants would be Bubba Chandler, Jason Pennington, and Jesi Seifert. Again, Seifert was my assistant. I do not know what they will do with my schedule. I do not know what they will do with our home tournaments. I dont know anything else about this except I am signing off and will no longer be involved with wrestling at Sycamore High or Middle. If I made you mad through the cousre of these past 3 years as a high school coach, or while coaching my youth kids the past 5 years, understand that I am very passionate about this sport and I never intended to insult or demean you. Good luck to everyone, keep your kids healthy and have a great season.

Hamblin

Coach,

Sorry to hear the decision did not go in your favor. Know that your hard work and dedication to the Sycamore wrestlers will live with them and their families for the rest of their lives. You have made a positive impact in their lives as evidence by the parents and wrestlers fighting for you.

Best of luck in your next endeavor.

This is Sycamore's lost.

How can we find out f they are going to honor the schedule?

Jeff, I'll see what I can get from Jason Pennington. He's one of the guys listed by Coach Hamblin as one of the new assistants. He's one of Clarksville High's old heavyweights who was a volunteer assistant for CHS and used to run our off season practices.