Gallatin at Brentwood

Verb58

Gallatin had a really good player on their freshman team last year ( #8 ). He played tail back and lb. Is he playing this year?

Are you trying to be funny? He practiced with Gallatin on a Wednesday and on the next day he was at Station Camp. He didn't move into their zone until the Friday before School was supposed to start. This move is the straw that broke the camels back. I wish I had someone take me on vacation and then convince me to come play with them.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kids being recruited away from gallatin...tops my list of poorest excuses.

No Excuse. Gallatin is not very good right now.

I once heard Lassiter say, "If you don't want to be here, we don't want you here. We will put the best 11 we have on the field, snap on the helmets and play Green Wave football, win or lose."

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. I am fine if Gallatin is 0-10 if they with heart, passion, discipline. I am disappointed that is has been sparingly thus far.

Who are the athletes in recent years to leave for private schools that are real impact players? Only the Banks kid this year at Ezell that I know of... Other than that, maybe 2 or 3 at Station Camp like Fitts or Rogan or Malone?Would these kids help GHS to a State Championship in football?

What you guys fail to realize is people DO have a right to choose. Do you only eat and shop in Gallatin stores? Can you go to a church outside of Gallatin?

Also, where is the outcry over a 5'3 trumpet player or math wiz who chooses to go to a private school or out of zone?

Maybe it's not football... Maybe it's the administration, or atmosphere, or school colors, or the school food. Whatever the reason, it's time to stop whining over what you don't have.

First notice I never used the term recruiting. The Banks kid (Dorian) would have been an impact player, sure. I imagine that affects his brother (Darian) who is a senior player for the Wave as well. 2-3 at Station Camp? Demarquise Johnson, Jaquil Fitts, Tre Malone, John Malone, Isaiah Demonbreun, then add 2-3 more. 100% of Shafer = Zoned for Gallatin. 70% of Rucker-Stewart = Zoned for Gallatin. There in lies part of the problem. Which kids at Rucker? Some are literally in walking distance to Gallatin and zoned for Station. Not the problem, right. That is left up to the board and there constituents. Don Long is chairman of the board and a huge Station Camp supporter. It's politics. Get over it.

Now the problem. Individuals who have self gradifying needs. Shawn Banks, last name familiar? He and Markell Rice have stirred these young men's minds to think they have better opportunities elsewhere to get multiple scholarships away from coaches who throw away college letters, do not help market kids to college, will not play them the same due to the color of their skin and claim better schools await. What coach does not want their players to move forward into the college ranks as a former Wave? The race card... This is 2012. More to it... Shawn and Markell are former Waves disgruntled with the Lassiter and others. Shawn used to be a sub and temp teacher at Station Camp for years as he could not get on staff at Gallatin and now works for Ezell-Harding. Surprise! Shawn has shown up at Middle schools and Gallatin High School for years to talk to kids, called parents and made house visits. It is a disgrace, against all policies and downright criminal to tell an 8th grade kid of the great opportunity and scholarships to come if you follow his lead. Some of these kids don't have much and any opportunities sound great even if it is nothing more than Gallatin already has.

The could have been 15-0 last year if there is not a disconnect. Disconnect = Poor Discipline. A few more skill players and linemen add depth. Depth was needed on the line.

Concerning #8 Tre Malone, he was approached by a Station Camp coach in 8th grade about coming to Station Camp and given a SC Bison wrist band. He was approached by a Quarterback Club member at Station Camp, Ken Brown about making the move, approached mom as well as she brought a new home and Mr. Brown took him on vacation with his son just before he switched schools. Well, seems strange to me. Don't believe me, ask Tre.

Regardless of the real truth, reality is Gallatin will return to the top soon because of a great coaching staff, administration, student body and community as a whole.

Are you trying to be funny? He practiced with Gallatin on a Wednesday and on the next day he was at Station Camp. He didn't move into their zone until the Friday before School was supposed to start. This move is the straw that broke the camels back. I wish I had someone take me on vacation and then convince me to come play with them.

No; I wasn't trying to be funny. I didn't know. All I know is he is a good football player and I was wondering if he was playing. I had heard that Gallatin had some good players that decided not play this year or they quit the team. I enjoyed watching him play.

First notice I never used the term recruiting. The Banks kid (Dorian) would have been an impact player, sure. I imagine that affects his brother (Darian) who is a senior player for the Wave as well. 2-3 at Station Camp? Demarquise Johnson, Jaquil Fitts, Tre Malone, John Malone, Isaiah Demonbreun, then add 2-3 more. 100% of Shafer = Zoned for Gallatin. 70% of Rucker-Stewart = Zoned for Gallatin. There in lies part of the problem. Which kids at Rucker? Some are literally in walking distance to Gallatin and zoned for Station. Not the problem, right. That is left up to the board and there constituents. Don Long is chairman of the board and a huge Station Camp supporter. It's politics. Get over it.

Now the problem. Individuals who have self gradifying needs. Shawn Banks, last name familiar? He and Markell Rice have stirred these young men's minds to think they have better opportunities elsewhere to get multiple scholarships away from coaches who throw away college letters, do not help market kids to college, will not play them the same due to the color of their skin and claim better schools await. What coach does not want their players to move forward into the college ranks as a former Wave? The race card... This is 2012. More to it... Shawn and Markell are former Waves disgruntled with the Lassiter and others. Shawn used to be a sub and temp teacher at Station Camp for years as he could not get on staff at Gallatin and now works for Ezell-Harding. Surprise! Shawn has shown up at Middle schools and Gallatin High School for years to talk to kids, called parents and made house visits. It is a disgrace, against all policies and downright criminal to tell an 8th grade kid of the great opportunity and scholarships to come if you follow his lead. Some of these kids don't have much and any opportunities sound great even if it is nothing more than Gallatin already has.

The could have been 15-0 last year if there is not a disconnect. Disconnect = Poor Discipline. A few more skill players and linemen add depth. Depth was needed on the line.

Concerning #8 Tre Malone, he was approached by a Station Camp coach in 8th grade about coming to Station Camp and given a SC Bison wrist band. He was approached by a Quarterback Club member at Station Camp, Ken Brown about making the move, approached mom as well as she brought a new home and Mr. Brown took him on vacation with his son just before he switched schools. Well, seems strange to me. Don't believe me, ask Tre.

Regardless of the real truth, reality is Gallatin will return to the top soon because of a great coaching staff, administration, student body and community as a whole.

I don't need to ask an officer. I will assure you of that sir. I know there are gangs even in MJ but no where near what Gallatin has? I stated earlier that it wasn't just a GHS problem. As far as the recruiting goes- So in the late 70's & early 80's there were NO players from the Bethpage/Westmoreland area that played for the Wave?

MJ Pride You are an idiot! A typical moron who has not been in the hallways of the school, etc but has decided that his opinion is reality. Well my opinion is you are an idiot, therefore it must be true.

Gallatin defense played a lot better especially in the first half. Brentwood looked good running the wing-t. I was very impressed with their kicker. Gallatin turned the ball over way too much with such little offense. Sophomore QB looked poised for his first start. Very few penalties compared to the last few weeks. So there were some positives despite the loss.

I doubt if we score 9 from what I have seen the last 2 weeks. This season has not turned out as hoped. Gallatin needs to improve but I am afraid the playoffs are out of reach here at mid-season.

How would you think Brentwood would do vs a Beech or MJ?

Tell you, BHS they are not pretty at what they do but they have not the best or close to it D in all of Tn and in offense - how do they do it you look up and they have 40 pts

Well in my opinion, having seen Wilson Central and Oakland, Brentwood would get beat by both. I can tell you how they compare with Mt Juliet after next week. Wilson Central is pretty balanced on offense but they have a really good defense that flies to the ball. Oakland is just big across the line and plays smashmouth football. They have athletes all across the field. Brentwood was very opportunistic with a depleated Gallatin offense. Gallatin turned the ball over deep a couple of times and with tjeir small line could not block everybody that Brentwood would send. It really hurt Gallatin having their most explosive player on both sides out due to last week and the starting QB out with an injury. First half was only 13-6. Their QB was sacked like 5 times. When they went to the ground game they played better. I think they have a tale because Gallatin picked up on it in the first half and really limited #38 from getting a lot of yards. They are not the biggest or fastest team either. Better than Gallatin this year but I do not think they go far in the playoffs. Just my opinion.

MJ Pride You are an idiot! A typical moron who has not been in the hallways of the school, etc but has decided that his opinion is reality. Well my opinion is you are an idiot, therefore it must be true.

Do you actually think I care what you think or say about me? Do you think you're going stop me from getting on here? Let me answer them for you. NO! Go BEARS!