Adamsville travels to TCA ( district championship)

Redrage1990

Great game overall but i was very disappointed in the way TCA got dirty at the end of the game. You do not send 2 players to take out a kicker in the manner they did. Also lots of little attitudes started showing up with punches and extra little shoves. All the kicker did was make them start at the 20 all night long. Very classy lions. Was proud to see that the adamsville boys finished the game with their heads on straight and didnt retaliate to the shots. Now on to Hardin County

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, all I can say is, TCA got drilled from start to finish! Glad the Cards kept their cool & didn't retaliate against the dirty play! To the guys that was talking crap to me on the way out; very classy & a majority of this team is the one you will face next year if we are in the same district!!

Great game overall but i was very disappointed in the way TCA got dirty at the end of the game. You do not send 2 players to take out a kicker in the manner they did. Also lots of little attitudes started showing up with punches and extra little shoves. All the kicker did was make them start at the 20 all night long. Very classy lions. Was proud to see that the adamsville boys finished the game with their heads on straight and didnt retaliate to the shots. Now on to Hardin County

I was not going to make any more responses in this thread, but, if someone else is going to open the door, I am going to walk through. First, I will say that I have absolutely nothing against any Adamsville football player. For most of the night, you were the better team and you won the game fair and square. You put us in a hole early. We tried to dig our way out but our efforts were not enough. You took advantage of the opportunities given to you. Good teams do that.

Edit.................. I was going to respond point for point to the poster i quoted but I have decided to take the high road. All I will say is that Karma has a way of working its way back around. And to the person or persons who decided to send me a message at my home, it was rather childish and sophmoric in its nature. It's one thing to trade jabs here on the internet, it's another thing all together to come onto private property and to do the "prank" that you did. That is especially true in this day and age when so many people come out firing weapons and asking questions later.

Well, all I can say is, TCA got drilled from start to finish! Glad the Cards kept their cool & didn't retaliate against the dirty play! To the guys that was talking crap to me on the way out; very classy & a majority of this team is the one you will face next year if we are in the same district!!

Yes, TCA got beat by a wide margin. Adamsville was the prohibative favorite going into the game as they should have been. However, TCA never quit and put up 28 on your first team defense. Nobody else has done that all year long. I guess there are some weaknesses in the Adamsville D after all . TCA found yours, and Adamsville certainly exploited the major weakness that TCA has in defending the run. The game was alot closer this year than it was last year and TCA made some great strides in competing with Adamsville. Most every key player for TCA will be around for at least two more years. Lasts night may have been the last game these two teams play in football though. It is most likely that there will be some changes in 15A starting next year.I would not be surprised to see Adamsville bumped up to where they already belong in 3A. You could even end up in a AA district that is predominately 4A

TCA has some good players,but it is a shame they acted out.The two players who

"attacked" the kicker at midfield should have been thrown out of the game,there is no place for that crap!!! One can only hope that did not come from the coaching staff. I feel TSSAA should look into this matter,just my personal opinion.If they would focus more on football and sportsmanship you may not have 4 losses in 6 games.i almost forgot if we wanted to run the score up we would not have been in goaline formation running between the tackles at midfield.As far as the game went,I think #7 said it all!

Harsh words have been said by both sides on this issue. I suggest that a moderator lock this thread and everyone move on.

I hate to here that people think Adamsville ran the score up! When you put 8-9 in the box and blitz every down , in order for us to keep the ball an run the clock we had to pass! It just went for 6 points! But kicking players and throwing punches are unsportsmanlike, not to mention having kids go after a kicker! Its a shame, this was a great game early on! The lions were in great shape, and the QB is the real deal! He'll be tough to handle in the next season 2 years! Im glad we are young too, #7 will be back and 9 of 11 on defense for two more years!

Hope TCA has a great rest of the season!

Reitz let me apologize if any of the Adamsville fans did anything to you personally that was not up to par. Like I said it only takes a few bad apples. No way was Coach Gray trying to run up score. He was trying to maintain possession and run the clock. Notice the 2 tight end set with no wide outs until he had to do something different to keep the ball. Game was close enough that one key turnover and with the skill of TCA's passing attack and it could have turned the game around. Our kids no they faced a great QB this week and a team that had no quit in them. Good luck to yall the rest of the way. Besides if I remember right you started the negative jabs but on to another week. Dish it out be ready to take it. WE will do the same Good luck lions peace out

Reitz let me apologize if any of the Adamsville fans did anything to you personally that was not up to par. Like I said it only takes a few bad apples. No way was Coach Gray trying to run up score. He was trying to maintain possession and run the clock. Notice the 2 tight end set with no wide outs until he had to do something different to keep the ball. Game was close enough that one key turnover and with the skill of TCA's passing attack and it could have turned the game around. Our kids no they faced a great QB this week and a team that had no quit in them. Good luck to yall the rest of the way. Besides if I remember right you started the negative jabs but on to another week. Dish it out be ready to take it. WE will do the same Good luck lions peace out

It is apparant that we will have to agree to disagree. I had no problem with the offense that Adamsville was running the entire game (including the 4th quarter) with the exception of that ONE pass play with just over 4 minutes remaining. You had a 45-21 lead with 4 minutes remaining. We would of had to score 3 tds and 3 two point conversions, plus stop Adamsville on a 3 and out three times in a row just to tie you guys. Adamsville was not real generous with the turnovers. I don't think you would of had to worry about that too much. With a 24 point lead , the ball, and 4 minutes remaining, I would have thought that your coach would have let a few more players get some PT. Afterall, Adamsville did have over a 50 player advantage in the shirts that dressed for the game. In many peoples opinion, that pass play was not justifiable in any way. I will choose to take it as a compliment that Adamsville must have been really worried about the TCA offense to have to make that particular play call in order to maintian control of the ball.

Please go back and read the entire thread again. My original problem was with a poster who was trying to turn this thead into a public/private debate instead of a debate about a football game. It was another poster who made the first ugly girl comment. I just thought it was really funny and followed it up. Not saying you in particular, but don't call people and schools names and you won't get it in return. I can take anything anyone can dish out. I can serve it back in return.

Anyway, I appreciate your civil response that I have quoted above. Adamsville supporters will see that play one way. TCA supporters will see it another way. If you were wearing my shoes, you would feel the same way as I do.