Henry Co. @ Clarksville Northeast on Thursday Night Lights

SEC1rules

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Jackson North Side/ Northeast game and I believe Northeast can beat Henry Co. The only reason why Henry County will we if they win the Special Teams. North Side was trailing for the most part of that game until they scored a TD with about 49 sec. remaining and got the 2 point conv. I will be honest, I got Northeast 27-21, inless Henry Co. wins in the Special teams.

You are delirious. HC wins this game by 4-5 TDs.............NO CONTEST!

Care to explain in a little more detail regarding the two teams involved? Not asking out of spite, just curious. Have you seen Northeast play? If so, what is it about them that hc should so easily exploit? In looking at their schedule and how they've manhandled everyone but their first opponent, they appear to be a formidable bunch.

Edited by waveyard14

Hope you are right, but I have a feeling Northeast is a bit better than you're giving them credit for. I think we win, but this isn't Northwest or West Creek. This is a team with 15+ starters back from last season's 7-5 squad, and has an all state level athlete in Maybin. Just no way I see this one being that one sided.

Hope you are right, but I have a feeling Northeast is a bit better than you're giving them credit for. I think we win, but this isn't Northwest or West Creek. This is a team with 15+ starters back from last season's 7-5 squad, and has an all state level athlete in Maybin. Just no way I see this one being that one sided.

The Northeast team that played Springfield was SOLID. Reeves-Maybin is a game changer on both sides of the ball

Care to explain in a little more detail regarding the two teams involved? Not asking out of spite, just curious. Have you seen Northeast play? If so, what is it about them that hc should so easily exploit? In looking at their schedule and how they've manhandled everyone but their first opponent, they appear to be a formidable bunch.

Because by my calculations NE has beaten only THREE good teams since 2001 (three is a very liberal estimate). We are a good team with a VERY GOOD offense. I believe that we will totally destroy them. No, I haven't seen NE play but I would expect my assessment to be right on target.

I plan on being there. Game for the district title. Don't sale Reeve-Maybin short he is the best player in our district. UT thought so too they offered him a scholarship.

Commissh...I doubt anyone is selling Reeves-Maybin short....trust me, we've seen him play more than any other team the district or state....we played the Eagles twice last year. Also, no one knows/respects that Patriots more than Reeves-Maybin and his Northeasters....they were embarrassed once last year and beaten handily in November. What does this mean?....very little other than the fact that Northeast hasn't beaten Henry County since 1995 (Travis Stephens junior year) and are 3-21 lifetime against the Patriots. I am also fairly confident that the same officiating crew did not work the Northeast/Springfield game as worked the Henry County/Springfield game...therefore, one using this score as a barometer or a predictor of the outcome of this week's game couldn't be more inaccurate. (not insisting you are doing this of course) Nonetheless, the facts are this, no one's offense is more explosive in District 10AAA than Henry County's. Therefore, unless the Eagles' defense is "MUCH" improved over last year, I don't anticipate the outcome to be all that different from the November game between these two teams.

Also, MSURacer...I believe in due time we will find out exactly how good the Northside Indians are in that we will probably be facing them in rounds 2 or 3 of the postseason if our good fortune continues concerning the lack of injuries. The only question will be the exact location of this game...Paris or Jackson!

Lastly, for 3 weeks now, our friend Maurice Patton of the Tennessean believes that the Northeast Eagles are the best team in District 10-AAA no matter what anyone else says or believes....including the stat sheets. He has the Eagles ranked 8th in his MidState Poll (along with Giles County and CPA which too is comical). I firmly believe that following next week's game against Dickson County, Northeast will be a very good 4-3 on the season.

jackson northside is a good team...solid in all phases of the game...but not henry county good...i have not seen NE so take it easy...however i have seen 2 of the top 5AAA teams in the state...henry co is much bigger and faster than NS...NS has the best qb in west TN...hands down...he is that team...he doesnt make mistakes and has the ability to carry them as long as their D doesnt give up a ton of points...which i fully believe HC could drop 5-6 TDs on them...HCs advantage would come in the trenches with the size which liberty did not have...all kinds of seniors on NSs team where as HC seems to be young all over...so inexperience could hurt HC there...but by the time HC and NS rolls around i expect HC to have more than made up that difference...

liberty could have and should have beaten both teams...but didnt...HC is the better of the 2 teams...

i think HC beats NE...but it wont be by "as many as they want"

jackson northside is a good team...solid in all phases of the game...but not henry county good...i have not seen NE so take it easy...however i have seen 2 of the top 5AAA teams in the state...henry co is much bigger and faster than NS...NS has the best qb in west TN...hands down...he is that team...he doesnt make mistakes and has the ability to carry them as long as their D doesnt give up a ton of points...which i fully believe HC could drop 5-6 TDs on them...HCs advantage would come in the trenches with the size which liberty did not have...all kinds of seniors on NSs team where as HC seems to be young all over...so inexperience could hurt HC there...but by the time HC and NS rolls around i expect HC to have more than made up that difference...

liberty could have and should have beaten both teams...but didnt...HC is the better of the 2 teams...

There is a lot of truth to this post, but I was at the game and at no time did I feel worried that North Side was going to lose the game! They did exactly what they wanted to do on offense and the defense held up pretty good considering Larry Fuller, their best defensive player and the heart and soul of the defense, did not play! What opportunities did Liberty have to win the game? It was tied at half and North Sides offense controlled the ball the entire second half and limited Liberty to only 10 snaps of offense! Liberty didn't turn the ball over, they didn't make any mistakes, they just got beat by a better football "TEAM"!!!