Mr. Football 1A

Ross

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is early but there are several players beginning to stand out. I agree that Johnson and Langford for South Pitt are solid canidates. The issue I have with Long from FCS is in the big region contest against Gordonsville his team lost and he could not even finish the game. I do believe Gordonsville has 4 canidates and they are QB Payton Watson, RB Kaelin Cason, DT/OT Tyler Coen, DT/OT Cody Payne and LB Brandon McCoy. Coen was a finalist last year and has been dominant again but Cody Payne on the other side has been just as dominant. McCoy is the Heart and Soul of that Defense. If he plays in the Carthage game the outcome is different. Watson is having a great season to this point throwing and running. The surprise is Cason who is averaging 10 yards a carry right now and had big games against very good competition in FCS and Trousdale. I know there are several more around the state that are just as derserving. By week 10 we will all have a better idea who it will be.