Mr. Football 1A

Ross

Jake Warbritton 1415 rushing yds 25 total tds in 7 games

Considering ya'll have only played 2 teams with winning record...not impressed. 25 tds sounds more like ya'll are one dimensional...stop warbritton...stop the stangs. Any good team can usually shut down one guy. Fortunately ya'll play in the west where roundball rules and football is usually weaker....hungry.gif Good luck with SP or GV...if ya'll make it that far. popcorneater.gif I guarantee SP and Gville has better backs than Warbritton. His numbers get "padded" by weak competition and "over participation" roflolk.gif

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warbritton is good but gets the ball a ton and has a significant line.. I think the award should have more to do with than just stats but big game play,blocking,if they play ironman ball,and their all around game . Also does anyone have rushing stats for Hyde out of UC?

if you want IRONMAN ball check out Jacob Wynn from West Carroll..I know he'd never win..at least not this year but he's a workhorse. Very similar to Hyde of UC but Hyde is bigger

Guest Purplepastry

The bad thing is they don't have a Mr.Football for each classification 1-6... It is not fair to the kids in each class, it should be split up regardless...

Hate this phrase. Mommas use it all the time. Everything is watered down enough, soon they will be handing out trophies to everyone like they do in little leage. There should not even be 6 classes, it makes most of the playoff games particularly in the smaller classes a waste of time, in 1A there are maybe 3 or 4 team that deserve to make post season. More trophies means they are not worth as much. Not everyone has a right to a trophy.

Considering ya'll have only played 2 teams with winning record...not impressed. 25 tds sounds more like ya'll are one dimensional...stop warbritton...stop the stangs. Any good team can usually shut down one guy. Fortunately ya'll play in the west where roundball rules and football is usually weaker....hungry.gif Good luck with SP or GV...if ya'll make it that far. popcorneater.gif I guarantee SP and Gville has better backs than Warbritton. His numbers get "padded" by weak competition and "over participation" roflolk.gif

If you're going to post,know the facts. They've played 4 teams with a winning record and 3 were ranked.

AS a Lion fan(one of the winning teams ) I will take up for Warbritton. Camdens defense is one of if not the best we have had. We knew about Warbritton and he still killed us. you have got to have 3 kids to tackle him and some times that's not enoguh. They have an out standing Oline and number 11 has some great stats too.One man show indeed he is and could be more but he brought his friends anyway. I seem to recall last years sp team was the best ever and Wayne county took home the gold ball. Warbritton is the real deal. BTW since when is being a one man show cost anyone mr football? The kid form perry county won it last year and that was as one man as it gets.

Moore county will not have a mr. football this year. Brandon wells was the best football player to play at Moore county and he didn't win. Not downing the kid but Evans isn't half the player wells was.

Oh You Are Wrong Brandon Wells Did Win The Mr. Football Award. Also not sure he was the best player at Moore County, there were others like Todd Logan, Jeff Norman and a Steeman that were GREAT AS WELL. You need to check your facts before you post.

Let me remind all of you that there is no such thing as a one man show in Huntingdon. Jacob Warbritton is truely a great athlete but without his offensive line and blocking backs he would have nothing. Our offense is designed to allow an athlete to get yards like he does. We could put another QB in his place and he too would have lots of all purpose yards. Would they be as much as Jacobs? Prolly not because Jacob (just like his brother Tyler) will push for that extra 2-3 yards everytime he carries the ball and he's tough as shoe leather!! Yes sir he carries the ball a lot but remember he takes a hit everytime he carries it and gets up and does it again. That's the character of a Mr Football candidate. He will be very quick to tell you that without his awesome line and backs he doesn't get those yards. Sorry for the long post but I think people get too caught up in this award being just a individual award when truely it's not. Even last years winner had to have people to catch footballs and block while he throws. No slam on Tucker, just facts!