7aaa for Sept. 28 games

nrgrizzlies

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody else see an issue for Smyrna this week as Blackman now has their back firmy against the wall - and this is NOT a good matchup for Smyrna as far as Blackman having a battering ram style runner (who missed the last game - out of town at a funeral or whatever) and a wide-out who is about 6-foot-5 going against small linebackers and corners? This could be a career night for those two kids. It could end up "mercy rule" not long into the 3rd qtr.

Riverdale should also be in desperation mode. When last did they lose 2 in a row?

I don't think Oakland will beat Siegel even though they did take that one last year in overtime in a real thriller. But Oakland seems to be getting better every week since the fluke loss at Lavergne. They are a playoff caliber team even with the injuires and playing tons of younger guys.

Edited by nrgrizzlies

Does anybody else see an issue for Smyrna this week as Blackman now has their back firmy against the wall - and this is NOT a good matchup for Smyrna as far as Blackman having a battering ram style runner (who missed the last game - out of town at a funeral or whatever) and a wide-out who is about 6-foot-5 going against small linebackers and corners? This could be a career night for those two kids. It could end up "mercy rule" not long into the 3rd qtr.

Riverdale should also be in desperation mode. When last did they lose 2 in a row?

I don't think Oakland will beat Siegel even though they did take that one last year in overtime in a real thriller. But Oakland seems to be getting better every week since the fluke loss at Lavergne. They are a playoff caliber team even with the injuires and playing tons of younger guys.

The new GURU (NRGRIZZLIES) of high school football has spoken folks so pay attention.

If you think there is an upset in the making in the Siegel / OHS game I have some beach front property I would like to show you in Memphis.

And before you start bashing me on the Bulldogs I already know we are terrible and have no chance of winning another game. yada yada yada. etc. etc etc.

but we did beat your LaVergne team oh my bad I keep forgetting your not an LHS fan. icon_mrgreen.gif

and you think RHS will be in desparation mode against LHS

Edited by bigpurpledawg81

You are obviously an idiot with poor reading and comprension skills.

What part of (quote) "I don't think Oakland will beat Siegel" sounded like a prediction of an Oakland win? Duh.

What part of calling the Lavergne win vs. Oakland "a fluke" sounds like something a Lavergne fan would do? Duh.

Disliking Smyrna whether they were winning gold balls or failing miserably (like this year with NO legit wins to date) doesn't make somebody a fan of Lavergne. It means they can't stand Smyrna. And people like you are the reason people gladly pull against the purple and yellow.

Why is the win not legit for smyrna? Is it the phantom pass interference call against smyrna on fourth down on the last drive, or the phantom excessive celebration call against lavergne at the end. Both were completely bogus and hurt each team equally as bad.

I think it is fairly obvious that nrgrizzlies feels that there were not any bogus calls against Smyrna in the Smyrna/Lavergne game. Just want to know where I can get those LaVergne colored glasses.

Now for this weeks action. Siegel rolls big, Blackman beats up my Bulldogs (pains me to say that), Riverdale handles LaVergne with ease.

Edited by milo118

Why is the win not legit for smyrna? Is it the phantom pass interference call against smyrna on fourth down on the last drive, or the phantom excessive celebration call against lavergne at the end. Both were completely bogus and hurt each team equally as bad.

You will have to make your own decision how to view the officiating in that game. (I heard something about Lavergne playing a road game the next week where they were called for very few flags and won 32-0 - take that into account or not...)

As far as that purple-yellow-dawg poster earlier who seems to think very little of Oakland in football this year, OHS is going to make the playoffs without that state's best player (Corn Elder playing out of zone at Ensworth), Fred Wade (was going to put up huge numbers at RB this year, out with ACL for the year), without HIS replacement Travon Willis for most of the season (injury to both ankles). They are getting it done with 4th and 5th string running backs who are still better than the ones at Smyrna.

Smyrna will get destroyed this week at Blackman (who Oakland already beat)...they will get TOTALLY destroyed by Siegel (who Oakland beat the last time they played)...and will get beat down when they play at OHS, a game I will make a point of being at in person. Smyrna can put this on the bulletin board. It won't make a bit of difference. They are toast in those games. Bigtime.

You will have to make your own decision how to view the officiating in that game. (I heard something about Lavergne playing a road game the next week where they were called for very few flags and won 32-0 - take that into account or not...)

As far as that purple-yellow-dawg poster earlier who seems to think very little of Oakland in football this year, OHS is going to make the playoffs without that state's best player (Corn Elder playing out of zone at Ensworth), Fred Wade (was going to put up huge numbers at RB this year, out with ACL for the year), without HIS replacement Travon Willis for most of the season (injury to both ankles). They are getting it done with 4th and 5th string running backs who are still better than the ones at Smyrna.

Smyrna will get destroyed this week at Blackman (who Oakland already beat)...they will get TOTALLY destroyed by Siegel (who Oakland beat the last time they played)...and will get beat down when they play at OHS, a game I will make a point of being at in person. Smyrna can put this on the bulletin board. It won't make a bit of difference. They are toast in those games. Bigtime.

Oakland beat Blackman.....no bogus calls in that game? So I guess that is a tainted win for Oakland.

Edited by milo118

You can make your own decision on that t.v. game, but one thing is certain. When Smyrna plays at OHS it WON'T be close. I happen to like those mercy-rule games. The few Smyrna fans who go will be long gone before it's over, so traffic won't be as bad leaving. I might even go watch Blackman trounce the purple and yellow this week before both schools get decimated by the opening of Stew Creek High.