Top Tennessee wrestling Coach of all-time

mustachiomenace

No question about the past 20 years and the group noted above... Connell was able to do it repeated at two schools both public & private since the 70's. Jeff Jordon at two schools as well since the 80's. Jeff Price continues to pull off impressive finishes in an area not traditionally strong until recent years. Worsham was like the ol bear Bryant of wrestling in the 70's, but Pat Simpson has to be a top three or four & close to Morgan (but morgan gets the nod with his years going back to RB Jr high in the 60's + utc 70's & 80's) Tough call considering the influence of some of the pioneers!

The Trojan's Great One must be remembered... Steve Henry has produced Solid teams since the 80's with several dominate seasons over the past 15 years. What grabs my attention has been his regular inclusion of Any team on a Soddy schedule Including Baylor, Brandon, Collins Hill and the harder than even the Tn State Championships... McCallie invitational and Cleveland duals. He coached his teams to win, not necessarily with control, I.e., crab/leg rides or edge of the mat techniques in neutral position, but with aggressive Offense against the Best competition. My Hats Off!!

You gotta love Steve Logsdon for his many solid- may "bend- but never break" bc teams, which consistently won within D1 competition and I applaud that, but you always felt that feeling of Wonder. With all that said... Logsdon is without question worthy of the Hall of Fame here and elsewhere.

='Sommers

The Trojan's Great One must be remembered... Steve Henry has produced Solid teams since the 80's with several dominate seasons over the past 15 years. What grabs my attention has been his regular inclusion of Any team on a Soddy schedule Including Baylor, Brandon, Collins Hill and the harder than even the Tn State Championships... McCallie invitational and Cleveland duals. He coached his teams to win, not necessarily with control, I.e., crab/leg rides or edge of the mat techniques in neutral position, but with aggressive Offense against the Best competition. My Hats Off!!

You gotta love Steve Logsdon for his many solid- may "bend- but never break" bc teams, which consistently won within D1 competition and I applaud that, but you always felt that feeling of Wonder. With all that said... Logsdon is without question worthy of the Hall of Fame here and elsewhere.

Yeah I was always wondering how he could get his kids to win State titles OVER & OVER & OVER ... Amazing motivator

soms,,,,,,against my better judgement of even addressing you, I will anyway. Logsdon was a great coach no matter what division you try to say it was in or not in. You could certainly throw off on the D2 coaches for the manner in which they have won their titles if you are going to go that route. Student talent matters and where the talent comes from matters too, which makes Logsdon's credentials all the more impressive. Maybe you could "wonder" about that variable for awhile.

Tex,

Sly & I were wondering "where in the world" you've been lately... And especially if you're gonna get your goal of 25,000 posts by Nov. 6th? :)

On latest topic here...Fair question... So you have no question in your mind how those power house-home grown Bear teams would have stacked up to a few Morgan/Connell/Simpson teams over the past 15-20 years, even with a few transplants? How fun for the fans... Any idea How Keller (bc's mow) and Simpson (Ryan's mow) would have come out? Probably no answer for Leen (baylor's) no answer from the Bears prob ever, but Soddy got a shot with their all time top two with Lane going 1-1 with a bum knee

Again, All I was saying.... You gotta wonder - cause it never happened.