District 10A

ldb2d

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The McEwen game was rough last night... worst game I have seen them play in a while...

They have the potential and athletism to win the district and region, but they do not understand simple concepts and basic fundamentals... It will be a building year for them, but could contend at the end of the year if they progress...

Who was on Nashville Christian Football Team that is playing Basketball.

I believe NCS had 5 players playing football (#16,#11, #44, #81, #58) who should play a lot for the basketball team. 3 are starters and once they get back into the groove after loosing in Huntingdon on the football field they are going to ready for some round ball!

Edited by youthsportsPIX

haha yes that is true mtownballer. I have been surprised with how LEAD has competed so far though. May have a bright future if they can continue to develop.

LEAD is VERY quick and what they lack in the way of offensive skills they make up for on the defensive side of the court. If they had a big man(6'6") or more well I dont want to think about it.btw poor McEwen, first to go down to the new kid on the block. I dont think they will be the last. Also saw that Eagleville lost to lead in a Thanksgiving turny.

Enough of LEAD...WHHeritage has started the season with a bang. (3-0)(1-0) with Clarksville Academy on the horizon. Wins over Greenbrier and Westmorland, neither of which I would write home to mamma about...but wins none the less. Those two teams are both future DISTRICT games for Heritage.

I look for Heritage to run the table in District play this season, they really look good. They have all the pieces of the puzzle, several big men, several 1- and 2 guards who are learning to shoot the ball, a deep bench. Just a matter of fitting them all together correctly. Which should be easy enough....right?

Good luck to all. Injury free is the key.

LEAD is an average class A team at best... pack in the zone D as they only have one player who can kind of shoot and cut off the driving lanes... literally do not even guard them outside... On offense against them, drive kick, drive kick, drive back cut layup... the offense has to be will to attack the pressure d up top...

Not trying to defend LEAD, but what if LEAD is actually a decent team and/or coach. Just because its their first year does not mean they have to be labeled as a bottom of the barrel team. But I am interested to see the results in some of the district games tonight. Good luck to all teams tonight.

Dalton11, any idea on how the teams looked besides McEwen and Heritage?

No idea. Saw East play early this year and if you play zone against them they will beat you. Have not seen anyone else except teams Heritage has beat. I do not see this as a down year compared to last year when it was basically McEwen and Heritage. Clarksville Academy is better than last year. Jo Bryns still has two solid kids. East is about the same as last year.