Cleveland vs McMinn Co

KneeTap

I agree. Cleveland has a chance to turn some heads. Most would give McMinn the edge especially with the Raidets recent years but the new coach is a good one. Cleveland's early schedule really helps them. At first I thought McMinn would win pretty easy 2 or 3 scores but I saw the Raiders QB workout last spring and knew he would be good. O line has got to keep improving. Still think McMinns ground game can control the game tempo and turnovers will tell the tale. McMinn by 7.

he's been great for us.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Cleveland has a chance to turn some heads. Most would give McMinn the edge especially with the Raidets recent years but the new coach is a good one. Cleveland's early schedule really helps them. At first I thought McMinn would win pretty easy 2 or 3 scores but I saw the Raiders QB workout last spring and knew he would be good. O line has got to keep improving. Still think McMinns ground game can control the game tempo and turnovers will tell the tale. McMinn by 7.

great post! i agree with all but the mcinn by 7! glad were back to talking about the game on this thread! go raiders!

RAIDERS by 6

Edited by KneeTap

Interesting for 20 years McMinn could not beat Cleveland then over the past 10 years the series is about even. Now McMinn is actually the favorite in Vegas by 4.

If McMinn can get pressure on the QB and defend the pass we will be in a good position to get a win at a place that is difficult to win at.

Believe me SPECIAL TEAMS play will make a huge difference in this one!!!!!!

McMinn 26

Cleveland 24

GO TRIBE!!

Cleveland's O line hasn't been to bad this year, they're pretty young. They're improving, run blocking was a problem early in the season, but it has gotten better.

This has been the most improved part of Cleveland's game. If Cleveland runs the ball some and avoids the penalties like early on, this will be a very close game.

McMinn needs to be able to defend the run on the way to the QB. Herink is very good. Cleveland's short passing game can be dangerous. I said before the season that Cleveland loses very little in the QB dept except in experience.

This has been the most improved part of Cleveland's game. If Cleveland runs the ball some and avoids the penalties like early on, this will be a very close game.

McMinn needs to be able to defend the run on the way to the QB. Herink is very good. Cleveland's short passing game can be dangerous. I said before the season that Cleveland loses very little in the QB dept except in experience.

I'm not sure Cleveland lost much of anything. Maybe the schemes are just better, compared to E.K.'s system. The OC seems to be brilliant. Cleveland's short passing game is very good, high percentage passes with a very accurate QB. Cleveland's receivers, aside from DJ, aren't really speed demons, but they are very good route runners with pretty good hands. Clevelands offense really struggled last year and you can see it by looking at Voytik's numbers. Just for comparison:

Voytik(9games): 94-186, 50.5%, 1145 yrds, 6TDs, 8ints

Herink(6games): 122-189, 64.6%, 1327 yrds, 13TDs, 1ints

I'm not sure Cleveland lost much of anything. Maybe the schemes are just better, compared to E.K.'s system. The OC seems to be brilliant. Cleveland's short passing game is very good, high percentage passes with a very accurate QB. Cleveland's receivers, aside from DJ, aren't really speed demons, but they are very good route runners with pretty good hands. Clevelands offense really struggled last year and you can see it by looking at Voytik's numbers. Just for comparison:

Voytik(9games): 94-186, 50.5%, 1145 yrds, 6TDs, 8ints

Herink(6games): 122-189, 64.6%, 1327 yrds, 13TDs, 1ints

I think the recipe to beating McMinn is how successful Cleveland is in the ball-control passing game. If there's a vulnerability for McMinn on defense, it's in passing. And if Cleveland is having success passing the ball, that could assist the running game and help a draw play go a long distance.

I think this game will be close, and could go either way. BTW, those are some very impressive numbers Mr. Herink has put up.

Bottom Line Guys is this...It's going to be one heck of a game...I think the key for Cleveland's success against the Cherokees rests squarely upon the shoulders of the "O" Line...believe me having played and coached with Coach Weir he knows what is at stake and he will continue to develop that line and getting them more prepared every day...Defensively, Cleveland is improving at stopping the run as well...

If Cleveland plays well and is disciplined...they can win...

GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS...

GO BIG BLUE!!!!