Karns @ Oak Ridge(Homecoming)

tnchad1980

Anybody know how the Robertsville vs Jefferson game went and have details about it? Someone in the know give me some players we can look for in the next 2 to 3 years that play for these 2 teams? I'd like to know! Thank you!

Great game. Robertsville 14 Jefferson 12. Tee Higgens ® and Chase Kimbro (J) are going to be great Wildcats. Need to get a report from OR Nole, he'll have the lowdown on most of the kids.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear Kimbro is in the same mold as Normand/Gulmire? Yea, i'd like to hear Nole's input.

I really want to take time to talk about all the future Wildcats that played in the middle school game last night. Gotta get to the OR/Karns game now.

As for Chase Kimbro, yes he is absolutely the same mold as Normand and Gulmire as far as heart and football IQ. Whether he has that kind of talent, we will see how it turns out. My honest opinion is that he should be as good as Normand and Gulmire on defense. Long way to go to run like Gulmire, but he is off to a good start. Tough for a parent to fairly evaluate.

Mike Kimbro

OR nole

I really want to take time to talk about all the future Wildcats that played in the middle school game last night. Gotta get to the OR/Karns game now.

As for Chase Kimbro, yes he is absolutely the same mold as Normand and Gulmire as far as heart and football IQ. Whether he has that kind of talent, we will see how it turns out. My honest opinion is that he should be as good as Normand and Gulmire on defense. Long way to go to run like Gulmire, but he is off to a good start. Tough for a parent to fairly evaluate.

Mike Kimbro

OR nole

Oh wow, you should be very proud of your son, Nole. I have heard nothing but great things about that kid. Job well done...When you have the time i'd like to hear who else impresses you from the Rams and Eagles. I like hearing your input, you obviously are in the know about it all. Good and honest poster. As for the Wildcats tonight, great job.

As a long suffering Karns fan I know we lost a lot from last year but there just seems to be no hope for Karns football. One winning season last 40 yrs last year and this yr we are back to the usual ways. The problems are deep seeded. Lack of money for upgraded weights etc and pay to get a decent staff, apathy in student body..most of the better athletes sit in the stands yr after yr..class after class ....and most of all, the best youth players get out of the Karns system before high school, they go to Grace, Catholic, Webb or simply find a way to attend another public school..not to mention Hardin Valley zoned off some catchment area. Finally, the staff we need needs to be vested in the community and needs some creativity. We need a few more wealthy boosters to kick in some money..they exist..they know who they are..oh..well..maybe next yr or maybe just move to Oak Ridge Haha

As a long suffering Karns fan I know we lost a lot from last year but there just seems to be no hope for Karns football. One winning season last 40 yrs last year and this yr we are back to the usual ways. The problems are deep seeded. Lack of money for upgraded weights etc and pay to get a decent staff, apathy in student body..most of the better athletes sit in the stands yr after yr..class after class ....and most of all, the best youth players get out of the Karns system before high school, they go to Grace, Catholic, Webb or simply find a way to attend another public school..not to mention Hardin Valley zoned off some catchment area. Finally, the staff we need needs to be vested in the community and needs some creativity. We need a few more wealthy boosters to kick in some money..they exist..they know who they are..oh..well..maybe next yr or maybe just move to Oak Ridge Haha

Man, i feel for you, i can understand your pain. That has to be so tough to endure year after year as a diehard fan. It's so easy to be a fan of the Oak Ridge's and Maryville's through the years. I really respect you for hanging in there, buddy. You guys obviously have some talent at that school, because their is a lot on the basketball team. Hang in there man. Hope it gets better for yall down there.

Edited by SweetScience

Or maybe it's because the people who actually went to Karns would rather go to a Bearden / Farragut game than drive just a few miles to see their school play .

I don't care if Maryville goes 0-10 the next 3 years , I'll still be at the Maryville games ...

Pepvol, I go to Karns games as I can..my son is zoned for West Valley and he wants to go to the games for his school. I'm not so selfish that I chose my school over my 13 yr old. Many people who live in the Karns zone do chose to send their kids to private schools though which is their choice. I understand that many public zones lose kids to private schools but Grace is exceptional at pulling Karns kids to their school because many people who attend church there send their kids to the academy. This impacts Karns.

Or maybe it's because the people who actually went to Karns would rather go to a Bearden / Farragut game than drive just a few miles to see their school play .

I don't care if Maryville goes 0-10 the next 3 years , I'll still be at the Maryville games ...

Pep, i like you a ton and you're my buddy, but that is really easy for us to say. I would like to think i would be at the OR games even if we are 0-10, too. But, to us (meaning me and you) the worst seasons as OR and Maryville fans, being the longtime fans that we are, we at least won 3,4,5 games in a "bad" season. So, i would like to think i would also, but it's also real easy for us to say. No offense to Karns, but they have been enduring 0-10 etc FOR YEARS. I'm sure it's hard.

Edited by SweetScience

Pep, i like you a ton and you're my buddy, but that is really easy for us to say. I would like to think i would be at the OR games even if we are 0-10, too. But, to us (meaning me and you) the worst seasons as OR and Maryville fans, being the longtime fans that we are, we at least won 3,4,5 games in a "bad" season. So, i would like to think i would also, but it's also real easy for us to say. No offense to Karns, but they have been enduring 0-10 etc FOR YEARS. I'm sure it's hard.

There were many years through the 80's and early 90's Maryville stunk it up , I wasn't able to attend every game then because I worked evenings , but my brothers and many Maryville fans were there even when we stunk it up . I was at the Halls game in 2000 as Maryville went to 0-4 along with many other Maryville fans ... and I was at every game after that too as we went on to win another State Title . Yes , Maryville has been awesome to watch since then , but it won't last forever , but I'll be there win or lose till I die . Of course with the new Field and pics of past State Championship teams looking over the field , my Pic and several other family members pictures will be looking over that field even after we're gone .

There were many years through the 80's and early 90's Maryville stunk it up , I wasn't able to attend every game then because I worked evenings , but my brothers and many Maryville fans were there even when we stunk it up . I was at the Halls game in 2000 as Maryville went to 0-4 along with many other Maryville fans ... and I was at every game after that too as we went on to win another State Title . Yes , Maryville has been awesome to watch since then , but it won't last forever , but I'll be there win or lose till I die . Of course with the new Field and pics of past State Championship teams looking over the field , my Pic and several other family members pictures will be looking over that field even after we're gone .

And that is awesome, and i admire fans like you. I have endured some tough OR years, too. And some painful losses to Maryville the past few years LOL...But, does Stanton Stevens era ring a bell? lol