Battle For The Brown Jug, Lewis @ Hickman

LewisCoPanthers

Lewis will take this, close game but Lewis will go 7-3, Hickman 6-4. By close I mean around 10 plus. Neither of these teams are a threat to go deep in playoffs. Can't see either going pass second round. Giles and Page will be the only game left this season (after tonights game) Giles will take Fairview.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think LC really has the potential to surpirse some of you folks.

I agree, they have "potential" but don't see it happening. This team has a recent history of solidly beating the teams they "should beat" and losing to the others.

2012 LC vs. teams with losing records - 4-0

2012 LC vs. teams with winning records - 0-2

vs. 1-5 Perry Co. W 57-7

vs. 5-2 Fairview L 41-18

vs. 2-4 Summit W 49-26

vs. 0-6 Creekwood W 27-0

vs. 4-2 Page L 14-6

vs. 3-4 East Hickman W 42-7

Hickman Co. is 5-2. My prediction is HC 21, LC 13

So little talk about a game that use to be HUGE for both of these teams. I know the boys still feel this rivalry.....do we fans still feel it??? My guess HC:28 LC:14

I can assure you I still feel it. I was on the field in 2007 both the first game, and when you guys sent us home in the second round. Ive never been in a HS football stadium that was so loud in my entire life. It was absolutely breath-taking. I wish the kids that were out there now could know what that was like. Simply Incredible.

My pick. LC with a late score to close the door.

LC-35

HC-14

I agree, they have "potential" but don't see it happening. This team has a recent history of solidly beating the teams they "should beat" and losing to the others.

2012 LC vs. teams with losing records - 4-0

2012 LC vs. teams with winning records - 0-2

vs. 1-5 Perry Co. W 57-7

vs. 5-2 Fairview L 41-18

vs. 2-4 Summit W 49-26

vs. 0-6 Creekwood W 27-0

vs. 4-2 Page L 14-6

vs. 3-4 East Hickman W 42-7

Hickman Co. is 5-2. My prediction is HC 21, LC 13

And Hickman hasn't won a game vs team with winning record either there genius.

I can assure you I still feel it. I was on the field in 2007 both the first game, and when you guys sent us home in the second round. Ive never been in a HS football stadium that was so loud in my entire life. It was absolutely breath-taking. I wish the kids that were out there now could know what that was like. Simply Incredible.

My pick. LC with a late score to close the door.

LC-35

HC-14

Panther that is awesome. I was also out there on the field in 07 for both of those games. That is back when this game was the biggest season game all year. And you are right...ive also never in my life heard a HS stadium so loud....or seen soo many fans for both teams packed in so tight. It is a big rivalry yet both teams have so much respect for each other...hoping for a good game tomorrow night....will be glad to see Patterson back in HC lol even if it is for the opposing team. Real good guy.

This game goes back a long way. In fact in 1921 a then Centerville team beat Hohenwald 9-7 at the old field at what is now the ball park. It was 1924 before Hohenwald got their first win against the Bulldogs 23-0 and then didn't lose again until 1936. It was 1945 before Hohenwald got another win. Of course there was no game in 1942 or 43 because of WWII. Just a bit of history......