Beech 7-0 @ Wilson central 7-0

Goinham

Anyone heard how many ppl they are predicting to attend this game?

I am expecting another packed house for this one, just like the Henry Co, MJ and HHS games were. I heard there were 7k+ at Shackle Island Stadium last Friday. Not having seen WC, I can't say what Beech will or will not be able to do against them. I agree with the earlier post, you can't sleep walk your way to 7-0. I'm sure WC is vastly improved over the last several years. I'm not sure how much pt Carter will get in his first game. Hopefully they can work him in some and add a few new wrinkles to an already strong offense. I expect another close, hard fought, physical game. Fortunately for Beech, we've had a few of those already this year.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will agree with you that their last 3 games will be their toughest but no way will Wilson Central lose them all.They have a QB Roundtree helping to lead that team that knows how to win.I have followed him since he was a kid dominating in every sport he played.He is not their only weapon either.Price,Lee,Coombs,Angel,this team will not go down easy.

So next 3 games they go???

I say 1-2

Again I hope for 2-1 as I like underdog but until they win that big game, I will jump on the WC bandwagon

WC reminds me of Indy when when they made to to state a finals a few years back- a team picked to finish middle of the pack , solid group but no superstars -

But that year they had to win / beat a team to make them for real - they did Franklin...

I am a WC alum and live out of the area but I would really like to watch or listen to the game. Does anyone know where I can find a link?

You will have a multiple choices to listen and watch the game. Wilson Central will audio stream and possibly will video stream the game as Wilson Co. Schools are out due to fall break. Beech also audio streams as well. Both can be found at www.nhsbn.com. A direct link for Wilson Central's stream can be found on their home page of the school.....www.wcschools.com/wch. We have the ability to hear on Ipod, iphone, or ipad. you just have to click on the mobile view. TSSAA will also video and audio stream as their GAME OF THE WEEK. Most broadcasts will begin around 6:30.

It is suggested that you plan on arriving early for parking. When the public parking are full all traffic will be re-routed to alternate parking lots in the area with possible shuttles to be used. Plans are being considered on Monday and Tuesday as to where's and the how's.

So next 3 games they go???

I say 1-2

Again I hope for 2-1 as I like underdog but until they win that big game, I will jump on the WC bandwagon

WC reminds me of Indy when when they made to to state a finals a few years back- a team picked to finish middle of the pack , solid group but no superstars -

But that year they had to win / beat a team to make them for real - they did Franklin...

WC goes 2-1 in the next 3 games. Prob with HS predictions is that too often teams are ranked off of previous seasons results. If you look back to the 2010 season, WC freshmen went 6-1 against the same teams on this year's schedule. Those freshmen are now juniors and their 2012 record is a direct result of that talent. Several of those juniors are being heavily recruited by D1 colleges although not at the Hurd level yet. LB Coombes has a brother that plays at TN and OH ST has visited the school to talk with some prospects. This will be an exciting game that will be decided by the team with the best defense.

WC goes 2-1 in the next 3 games. Prob with HS predictions is that too often teams are ranked off of previous seasons results. If you look back to the 2010 season, WC freshmen went 6-1 against the same teams on this year's schedule. Those freshmen are now juniors and their 2012 record is a direct result of that talent. Several of those juniors are being heavily recruited by D1 colleges although not at the Hurd level yet. LB Coombes has a brother that plays at TN and OH ST has visited the school to talk with some prospects. This will be an exciting game that will be decided by the team with the best defense.

Aint what I Hurd!

I'm not sure the freshman results mean as much as you think. This year's Seniors at Beech beat WC when they were freshmen and lost to MJ. Plus, as mentioned above, J Hurd didn't play at Beech when he was a freshmen. I don't doubt that your jr class is good, but lots of things can change from 9th grade to 12th grade.