Science Hill vs Boone

TopperFootball

I understand what 78Blazer is saying about the fan support in JC. I believe JC isn't a football town anymore...ETSU is long gone. Toppers hadn't won a playoff game in a long time until Carter arrived. I believe they have to beat DB for the city to take notice.

I don't understand the edge given to Jenkins against Carter. Did he ever beat Carter when Carter was at South? He beat him his first year at SH but that will be it for a while. Jenkins is run first and sticks with his formula as good coaches do.But, if they can't throw the ball Friday night you can forget it.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speculatory BS...If you want a reason for lack of fan support (I don't really by that by the way), look no further than results.

Haven't beaten DB since 1994, countless losing seasons in the time frame, including 0-10 and 1-9 seasons. Haven't advanced past the 2nd round of the playoffs since the early 90s.

Of course, winning changes things...

So the SH fan base is a bunch of frontrunners that only support their program when they are winning. Sounds about right. It's good to see you can make a good post, maybe during all of the others you were out of breath and lightheaded from blowing your horn too much?

Alright give him a break I think he's been blowing on this thing all day and feeling a little light headed. Ok well never mind it was a really big tuba and the link won't work.

Edited by trailblazersback

Denying that winning generates interest in a program is denying that the night follows the day.

The University of Tennessee has had back to back losing seasons and are well on their way to another. They still can't beat Florida (8 years running). But they still manage to average around 80,000 fans a game. Try again bandino.

The University of Tennessee has had back to back losing seasons and are well on their way to another. They still can't beat Florida (8 years running). But they still manage to average around 80,000 fans a game. Try again bandino.

80,000....in a stadium that holds 109,000.

And if you think you're going to bug me by calling me " bandino", think again. Music has given me a very lucrative career.

Pitty the fool. TWO OF THE LAST THREE! Last time we played you before that was 2004 and that's irrelevant but if you include it then the stats show that Boone and SH split the series with Jenkins as coach. I'd call that competing.

Pitty the fool. TWO OF THE LAST THREE! Last time we played you before that was 2004 and that's irrelevant but if you include it then the stats show that Boone and SH split the series with Jenkins as coach. I'd call that competing.

I was talking about competing with the real DB. Anyways the past is the past we are not talking about the games that were played ten years ago.... Im talking about who has a better team PRESENT day and it will be made very clear on friday night. Hayes is the best quarterback since Curt Phillips in the east tennessee. If you add him, Adams, Mcgue with Olsen & Webster burning down the slide lines you gotta pretty electric offense... As far as defense... Adams at safety, webster is a lock down corner for Gaitor, and Janeway, O Scott, big 75 and 58 pluggin the run.. I feel pretty good that a Topper team is looking this good.. Its been a while.. So go ahead and get your weight up lil John.

Dead thread...I guess all the butter melted...nobody wanted to talk football anyway.

I tried, even did a statistical analysis to drum up some debate.

Apparently, the boonies would rather discuss Johnson City's fictitious population of foreigners who have never heard of football and berate me for being a musician.