Polk County @ Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

This should be labeled " The good 'ole boy " coaches bowl. Both are tough nosed , smash 'em in the mouth football . It is a tie as

to which one yells the most during the game. They both have been very successful. Not sure which one has the higher IQ though

I won't tell you which one, but during a game the ref comes over to the coach and says " encroachment coach" and the coach says

" Is it on them?" Anyway, don't beat each other up too much...

With the way both teams have played so far this season, Polk County has to be the favorite in this game. This will be another tough non-district game against a team with a winning record for the Eagles. I expect the game will go very much as it did last year.

It was good to see the Eagle defense play better against ND, but it will take an even better effort up front to stop Polk's running game. On defense, I expect they will put 7-8 in the box, and force Signal to beat them through the air. Our receivers have been catching the ball better lately, so if we can get some pass blocking and successfully throw the ball, that will soften up the line of scrimmage some.

Polk will always be fundimentally sound and play with determination. Signal would love to avenge last year's loss and we're at home, so hopefully the Eagles will play with the same determination. One thing we cannot afford to do this year is give the ball to Polk on a short field with failed 4th down attempts and fake punts. The Wildcats will capitalize on any mistakes we make.

This game may just come down to who wants it the most. I have faith in my Eagles,but we will have to to put together a complete game offensively and defensive, play aggressively, and avoid any mistakes to get the win.

I think that about sums it up!

I hope Price keeps going for those 4th and 20's..............

Edited by Charlie Murphy

Last years game was a barn burner. I will say that the two decisions to attempt to convert on 4th down by Signal were most likely the deciding factors in the game, along with Polk's ability to stop said attempts. Those two plays set Polk up with a short field and they took advantage. I will also say that the Childress man's (who Troll ain't very fond of) decision and timing of the announcement probably affected the game a little bit.

As for Friday night, this one worried me a lot more at the beginning of the season than it does now. I think it is very winnable for Polk. And unlike SP, I hope we continue this match up and build a nice rivalry that will be beneficial to both schools/communities.

A side note, the TFP preseason Prep Blitz had Coach D. Davis at 94 career victories, if my PCHS education holds up, that would make a victory Friday night #100.

Edited by Charlie Murphy

Last years game was a barn burner. I will say that the two decisions to attempt to convert on 4th down by Signal were most likely the deciding factors in the game, along with Polk's ability to stop said attempts. Those two plays set Polk up with a short field and they took advantage. I will also say that the Childress man's (who Troll ain't very fond of) decision and timing of the announcement probably affected the game a little bit.

As for Friday night, this one worried me a lot more at the beginning of the season than it does now. I think it is very winnable for Polk. And unlike SP, I hope we continue this match up and build a nice rivalry that will be beneficial to both schools/communities.

A side note, the TFP preseason Prep Blitz had Coach D. Davis at 94 career victories, if my PCHS education holds up, that would make a victory Friday night #100.

I think a milestone such as this should be achieved and celebrated on your home field next week.redthumb.gif

Last year SM got word from the TSSAA the day of the game. I think they were short three staters on both sides of the ball and had very little to play for after vacating 6 wins. I was told that in last years game the SM punter could not punt. He was hurt early in the game leaving Price no choice but to go for it. But why not go for it...they had nothing to lose that the TSSAA had not already taken. This year Polk should be the favorite. They have a good team and solid coach. SM has the potential to win as well. The teams are more similar this year. This should be a good game to watch.

I think POLK will be ready for this one. This week has prob been less pads and more film for polk just a guess. If you have ever been in the locker room before a big game like this you could hear a pin drop. I think coach Davis will have the good ol boys from polk focused and ready for this one. I'm going to say 26-21 POLK