Franklin

BubberM

Dude give Clayton a kiss and get over it. This is way too personal for you.

How is making comment about removing a successful coach for one with limited success personal? Correct me if I am wrong, but Clayton never missed the playoffs while he was at Franklin.

So back to my earlier question, if Clayton was still there, would Franklin be 4-4 and out of the playoff picture, or is he the luckiest coach around and got fired right when the talent ran out?

Odd that some are claiming its a talent issue when the previous coach never missed the playoffs using the same talent pool.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the AD play a significant role at Franklin? Same AD that Coach Clayton had? I know it's not uncommon for a head coach in football to have a direct line to the principal and the AD stays out of the way. If you have a bad principal (at least for the football cause) that's tough. Hard to put together a staff that way.

I am not down on the talent at FHS. From my view, they have enough talent to be 6-2 now. Maybe 7-1. Centennial blasted them with talent that wasn't light years ahead. Mostly, Centennial was faster and they outcoached Franklin. Talent vs. Talent, that wasn't a sure loss.

So again, I would expect more than 4-4 at this point. That said, a huge upset and a couple playoff wins and 8-5 with a young team isn't a bad first year. I think 5-5 is realistic. They can beat Independence.

I am not writing off the difficulty of transition from coaches but it shouldn't be a huge deal at a school like that if you replace one quality coach with another.

Franklin being a contender is nothing new.. They have been a contender for the past 10 years or so.. So your very fond of the qb coach.... Good for him.. That's one assistant and one position. Most coaching staffs have more then 1 good assistant

Dear Highlife....please re-read any/all of my posts on this thread and point out to me where I mentioned that Franklin "only has 1 good assistant"!...Franklin's performance issues are simply based on its youth and inexperience....you people will be the same ones praising the Rebels in years to come!....or...find fault for not winning by 7 touchdowns after only winning by 4!

How is making comment about removing a successful coach for one with limited success personal? Correct me if I am wrong, but Clayton never missed the playoffs while he was at Franklin.

So back to my earlier question, if Clayton was still there, would Franklin be 4-4 and out of the playoff picture, or is he the luckiest coach around and got fired right when the talent ran out?

Odd that some are claiming its a talent issue when the previous coach never missed the playoffs using the same talent pool.

The personal comment comes from your constant remarks of benevolence to Clayton and disdain of Donnie. This comes from more than a casual observer.

You are concerned about an event rather than the team.

Your posts should be an embarrasement to you but you just can't see that.

Franklin will be fine without Clayton. I don't think you can say the same about yourself.

So now its a down year or TWO? Setting up the excuses for next season too? Dang, it must be really bad down there.

So if Clayton was still there, you think the results would be same? You would be sitting at 4-4 wonding how in the world both Ravenwood and Lawrence Co. just beat you?

What year did Clayton take over Franklin?

As i have said several times it is my belief results would be the same no matter who is at the helm and yes the talent level is way off ( as i have been saying and you just igonre and say i am blaming it on the kids) and Craig would tell you that. I thought a 500 year would be a sucess for this team ( not sure that is in the cards now). Donny has alot of work to do and he knows it, can't do everything in one year. Think it Craig came in 2005.

The personal comment comes from your constant remarks of benevolence to Clayton and disdain of Donnie. This comes from more than a casual observer.

Franklin will be fine without Clayton. I don't think you can say the same about yourself.

Please point to any words of disdain. I have only spoken of DW's coaching record. There is nothing personal in that. You guys fire guy that wins everywhere he goes and replace him with a guy that hasnt won a whole lot. And when that "not winning a lot" trend follows the DW to Franklin, you say the talent has gone down and Clayton would have been losing too, but his record of winning shows that you are being illogical. I appreciate you trying to support your team and your coach, but you are supporting a long list of bad decisions and making yourselves look blindly ignorant in the process.

Franklin just keeps getting lower and lower. Keep up the great work.

As i have said several times it is my belief results would be the same no matter who is at the helm and yes the talent level is way off ( as i have been saying and you just igonre and say i am blaming it on the kids) and Craig would tell you that. I thought a 500 year would be a sucess for this team ( not sure that is in the cards now). Donny has alot of work to do and he knows it, can't do everything in one year. Think it Craig came in 2005.

I think I read somewhere that Clayton had the Rebels in the playoffs every year he was the coach. Good thing he got out before the talent drop off ended that streak, right? Looks like being fired was pretty lucky break for him.

Sayittomyface...on 3 yr period..good points.

I agree. Clayton is gone and he aint comin back as long as WD is there. Anyway, I bet he retires from HHS and hands the reigns over to his assts.

Letting personalties clash and firing Clayton was a mistake in my opinion and I just have to agree to disagree with some posters.

I am not sure about the talent level excuse. Colton returned. Quality receivers returned. Sure there is a soph QB but he was a QB to start. Gotta remember that Clayton and Murphy took a baseball player and turned him into a Dandy Dozen pick. Matt K.

Still DW needs a break to work out the kinks for his program. Ill be patient..for awhile. What choice do I have really??

Sayittomyface...on 3 yr period..good points.

I agree. Clayton is gone and he aint comin back as long as WD is there. Anyway, I bet he retires from HHS and hands the reigns over to his assts.

Letting personalties clash and firing Clayton was a mistake in my opinion and I just have to agree to disagree with some posters.

I am not sure about the talent level excuse. Colton returned. Quality receivers returned. Sure there is a soph QB but he was a QB to start. Gotta remember that Clayton and Murphy took a baseball player and turned him into a Dandy Dozen pick. Matt K.

Still DW needs a break to work out the kinks for his program. Ill be patient..for awhile. What choice do I have really??

Colton has been out for the year since the first game with shoulder injury, receivers are sophomores and Matt did well but never met level everyone wanted for him. Donny is out of real play makers this year, very young team with a lot of work to do.

Guys,

11 pages is ENOUGH! This year, Franklin sucks plain and simple. Get over it and deal with it. Brentwood had there down year last year and dealt with it. Oh yeah, there young players got better and better and lo and behold made a run in the playoffs..,, Forget that argument. You guys are just bad. See if you can scrimmage the Titans. That might give you some confidence.

Wait, if you don't think he likes Webb, did you see his dislike for Dyson and higher dislike of Indy and its so called thugs.......