Franklin

BubberM

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Colton has been out for the year since the first game with shoulder injury, receivers are sophomores and Matt did well but never met level everyone wanted for him. Donny is out of real play makers this year, very young team with a lot of work to do."

Ouch! Glad you arent coaching the team with that negative review. Smile. Anyway, you missed the point. I was discussing returning talent level not a weekly injury report. All teams have injuries.

As far as Matt K, I understood he was offered a D1 scholarship with Syracuse. Not to shabby for a kid playin baseball a few years back.

Whats funny is you are sayin these kids arent meeting expectations yet you make every excuse imaginable for the coaches. Sorta hypocritical. Off to Pucketts.

Don't know that three years is necessary. In his first year, Rector took a program that was 3-17 the previous two years to the second round of the playoffs.

And then he went 4-6, 5-5 before he bolted and left Ravenwood. So, does this make him a bad coach since he started with wins and then did not meet expectations?? I think Rector does a good job, but as a coach that was coaching Smyrna and we played those Ravenwood teams, they were doing the same thing during those 3-17 years where Coach Daniels was the coach and then next when Rector became official head coach. Players, Players, Players

Keep in mind those Ravenwood teams didn't start off with four classes. To go from 9th and 10th graders to a state title in four years is unbelievable. They certainly had some talent and a special QB.

I'll always believe that ultimately coaching is what wins in high school football. I base that on my belief that great coaching will overcome great talent more times than not. Maryville would have less accolades if they lost to every team they played that had more talent.

And then he went 4-6, 5-5 before he bolted and left Ravenwood. So, does this make him a bad coach since he started with wins and then did not meet expectations?? I think Rector does a good job, but as a coach that was coaching Smyrna and we played those Ravenwood teams, they were doing the same thing during those 3-17 years where Coach Daniels was the coach and then next when Rector became official head coach. Players, Players, Players

"Colton has been out for the year since the first game with shoulder injury, receivers are sophomores and Matt did well but never met level everyone wanted for him. Donny is out of real play makers this year, very young team with a lot of work to do."

Ouch! Glad you arent coaching the team with that negative review. Smile. Anyway, you missed the point. I was discussing returning talent level not a weekly injury report. All teams have injuries.

As far as Matt K, I understood he was offered a D1 scholarship with Syracuse. Not to shabby for a kid playin baseball a few years back.

Whats funny is you are sayin these kids arent meeting expectations yet you make every excuse imaginable for the coaches. Sorta hypocritical. Off to Pucketts.

Matt's offer was at first of year and offer was later pulled. My point was Colton was the starting tailback now gone for the year and lot of other starters are sophomores believe this would be key to your returning talent. Not being negative wish kids and coaches the best , sorry I seem to rub you the wrong way.

WTH? I am talking about him taking over a Centennial program that went 3-17 in 2009 and 2010 before he took the 2011 team to the playoffs. This has nothing to do with Ravenwood, Jack Daniels or Smyrna.

Matt's offer was at first of year and offer was later pulled. My point was Colton was the starting tailback now gone for the year and lot of other starters are sophomores believe this would be key to your returning talent. Not being negative wish kids and coaches the best , sorry I seem to rub you the wrong way.

Sound like an insider to me.

Ok... I have read this thread for a couple of days now and I think the coach should be given some time to work his plan. 7 games into the season and you want to call the moving van in for him. Slow down scooter. It will get better. I don't know a thing about the inner workings of Franklin football, but I do know it will get better. New coach, new ideas that take time to work. The staff and players have to buy into to and start to believe before it will work. Regardless of how talented or untalented your team may be. At this point in the developement you have to break it down further than wins and losses to see improvement. Are you blocking, tackling, catching the ball better? You might not see improvement in all areas at once. But surely something has gotten better. That needs to be the focus here. Evenly Dooley has gotten three years so far.

Ok... I have read this thread for a couple of days now and I think the coach should be given some time to work his plan. 7 games into the season and you want to call the moving van in for him. Slow down scooter. It will get better. I don't know a thing about the inner workings of Franklin football, but I do know it will get better. New coach, new ideas that take time to work. The staff and players have to buy into to and start to believe before it will work. Regardless of how talented or untalented your team may be. At this point in the developement you have to break it down further than wins and losses to see improvement. Are you blocking, tackling, catching the ball better? You might not see improvement in all areas at once. But surely something has gotten better. That needs to be the focus here. Evenly Dooley has gotten three years so far.

Well Zippy, thanks for that insightful post. if you read the post a few before your logic challenged rant you will see that I say Franklin has regressed. And I don't think that I called for any moving vans. it is high school football but it appears that the team is getting worse and not better, in any aspect you want to look at. Edited by BubberM

I agree bulldog-plus keep in mind sometimes the talent is not as great from year to year as well-