Morristown West @ Sevier County

motownanddown

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sevier County too much for Mo West.

I really dont think so, Sevier Co. has played 2 quality opponents, DB smacked them and Jeff gave them all they could handle. I think West has a very similar philosophy to Jeff and is just above Jeff's level in terms of talent. Malachi Horton is gonna be close to 100% and the pass rush will disrupt SC's rhythm. I think this one is alot closer than the last 3 meetings.

I really dont think so, Sevier Co. has played 2 quality opponents, DB smacked them and Jeff gave them all they could handle. I think West has a very similar philosophy to Jeff and is just above Jeff's level in terms of talent. Malachi Horton is gonna be close to 100% and the pass rush will disrupt SC's rhythm. I think this one is alot closer than the last 3 meetings.

I agree that this will be closer then the previous games.

For some reason Mowest cannot stop the forward pass which SC has used to scorch them ever since they became division opponents. In fact most of the games have been pretty lopsided wins for the Bears. However, this SC team is not as good as previous years, especially at passing the ball which should help the Trojans chances immensly. We ran the ball well last week against Seymour when we went with our bigger running backs but that was because we had the size advantage. That won't be the case this week but I wish we would still go big again and limit the pistol formation so we could at least attempt to, (a) establish the run better and hopefully, (B) keep from getting overwelmed at the line of scrimmage like we have at times this year. This would help our play action and keep the LB's from crashing the line on every play like JC and DB constantly did against us. On defense we have to limit the big play. Period. We will do pretty good for a few series and then give up a long play out of the blue. I think this will be a very close game that goes either way unless we do a better job of passing (and pass protection) then we did against the only two teams that were able to line up with us so far.

I agree with the pass rush. Mo west kept it coming all night against us. But Reed Hayes was just playing awesome. I say it could be SC's game if MW defense doesn't bring it.

DB will smack most teams in 6A and Jeff County is not bad. MW will see an improved Jeff County team later this year. SC Bear states that SC is not as good as previous years but they are pretty deep at all skilled positions. For example, SC (a passing team) had 4 running backs rush for 375 yards last week. They have depth at receiver, linebacker and in the defensive backfield. If the lines hold up, SC should be fine.

DB will smack most teams in 6A and Jeff County is not bad. MW will see an improved Jeff County team later this year. SC Bear states that SC is not as good as previous years but they are pretty deep at all skilled positions. For example, SC (a passing team) had 4 running backs rush for 375 yards last week. They have depth at receiver, linebacker and in the defensive backfield. If the lines hold up, SC should be fine.

Big IF at the end, the MW pass rush is relentless.