Sequatchie vs Whitwell

OldIndian1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sequatchie plays the way they did in the first half vs Bledsoe-5 turnovers (in the first two quarters) plus a bad snap that led to a blocked punt and gave Bledsoe the ball at the Seq 4, they will lose. Bledsoe recovered one of the fumbles in the end zone for a score, had a four-yard scoring "drive" and also scored on their opening drive of the game, starting at the Sequatchie 30 after breakdowns on kickoff coverage. If they play the way they did in the second half, limiting the mistakes, they will win. They outgained Bledsoe 220-60 or so in the second half but a 21-0 halftime deficit was too much to overcome. For the game Sequatchie had two different players gain over 100 yards and they held Bledsoe's lead rusher to 50. The effort was more than enough to win but the first half mistakes were too much.

43 turnovers this year so far. I have never heard of anything like this, that is over 7 per game.

I'm not sure where that came from. It might seem like 7 a game but this is what I have:

York 2 fumbles lost, 1 interception

Meigs 4 fumbles lost, 0 interceptions

Grundy **

South Pittsburg 2 fumbles lost, 0 interceptions

Chatt Christian 2 lost fumbles, 2 interceptions

Marion 4 lost fumbles, 1 interception

Bledsoe 4 fumbles lost, 2 interceptions

That's 24. I don't have the Grundy totals but I believe there were two interceptions, I don't remember how many fumble recoveries. Before the Bledsoe game there were 18 plus however many versus Grundy, not thirty-something as was said. If you add offensive fumbles that were recovered, not lost to the other team, it would be more. Those can be drive-stoppers too though normally you either can punt or go for it on fourth down after.

Edited by Indian