Cascade vs Community

boxman

It takes a few years to get a football program going especially if your school and community have always been focused on basketball and baseball. Community's football program has come a long way in the few short years they have been operating. This year’s team is the best one so far and they have performed well on the field. The one thing lacking is community support... and I don't mean parent or school support that is certainly there. I’m talking about the mindset of the community. The Unionville folks just haven't had enough time to really get excited about football. It takes years for that to happen and it will happen after a generation of two of players graduate and raise a family and their kids start playing.

Having said all this... Cascade wins this one and will continue to denominate the series for several years... but the d9ays will come that Community will be just as much a force to reckon with as they are now in other sports.

I agree it does take several years to build a quality program. I don't know how long it took Cascade but I am sure they understand the growing pains of building one. Once it happens it sure will be nice to have a true rivalry game where both teams are competitive every year. I did hear on one of the other threads that Cascade will be moving up to 3A. What will that do to this growing rivalry? Hope for good weather Friday night. Excited to see two of the best backs not only in 9A but the mid-state in Rose and Lees. Should be fun!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it does take several years to build a quality program. I don't know how long it took Cascade but I am sure they understand the growing pains of building one. Once it happens it sure will be nice to have a true rivalry game where both teams are competitive every year. I did hear on one of the other threads that Cascade will be moving up to 3A. What will that do to this growing rivalry? Hope for good weather Friday night. Excited to see two of the best backs not only in 9A but the mid-state in Rose and Lees. Should be fun!

There was a football program at Wartrace High School until 1957 when it was dropped because there were not enough students to support it. Bell Buckle never had a football program that I know about. When the two schools combined in the early 70's having a football programs was being discussed before the building was completed. That "football mind set" was already well established in the Wartrace area and Bell Buckle soon joined in. There were lots of growing pains with Cascade's program and it took 30 years to get to there are today.

I think that while Cascade has experienced considerable growth over the last 5 years Community has also and the next re-districting may well move Cascade to 3A but Community will not be far behind them. The TSSAA tries to keep districts evenly divided and nobody really knows right now there the cut-off will be between the districts.

Whatever the case, I think Cascade and Community will always be big rivals. Lots of the students know each other, teachers often transfer from one school to the other, lots of kids transfer back and forth and we are in the same county competing for the same resources and attention.

I expect a good contest Friday night. I think Cascade will win this one.

Congrats to Community and Coach Frost and his staff for being in contention for the playoffs. It is indeed something for the people who live in Unionville to be proud of. Congrats to Coach Parker and Cascade as well. They lost a lot of quality players last year and Coach Parker has his team right back to elite level. That says a lot about his staff. If you have no plans Friday night everyone that can in Bedford County should come out. Will be worth the price of admission I believe. Last years contest was fun to watch and hopefully this one will be too. Would be great to have all 3 Bedford County schools in the playoffs.

We got almost an inch of rain in Wartrace this morning. Looks like the field will be wet tonight... who does that favor, if anybody? The field drains pretty well but it got cut up in last Sat's Middle School Championship game. I think It might slow down the running game but it will be hard for the secondary to keep up with the receivers.

Edited by boxman

Congrats Community Vikings you guys beat a good cascade team tonight. Also Cascade hold your heads high as you guys played a good game, and good luck in the playoffs. Community may not find the playoffs this season, but that should always be decided by the players on the field and the coaches. Community played one heck of a game and you don't need a final score or several ref's decisions to know who won. I doubt there are any Cascade fans, who know football that would agree that they won that game. I am not knocking Cascade as they played well; however not nearely as good as Community. I also do not know who the ref's were, but they should be suspended, for their biased calls, and for not knowing and understanding football rules.

Again congratz cascade (you guys did nothing wrong) you played a good game. And go Vikings, you guys are playing great football right now.

Congrats Community Vikings you guys beat a good cascade team tonight. Also Cascade hold your heads high as you guys played a good game, and good luck in the playoffs. Community may not find the playoffs this season, but that should always be decided by the players on the field and the coaches. Community played one heck of a game and you don't need a final score or several ref's decisions to know who won. I doubt there are any Cascade fans, who know football that would agree that they won that game. I am not knocking Cascade as they played well; however not nearely as good as Community. I also do not know who the ref's were, but they should be suspended, for their biased calls, and for not knowing and understanding football rules.

Again congratz cascade (you guys did nothing wrong) you played a good game. And go Vikings, you guys are playing great football right now.

You must have had the same crew we had at cornersville! "GO CATS"