Big week this week between Portland and Gallatin

SOUTHERNFRIED

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hats off to Portland. It was a game that was close right up until the end. Game got a bit chippy but sometimes you get games like that. Of course I would have preferred a Green Wave victory but still proud of how they never gave up the fight.

Griggs had one awesome night on defense tonight, he is a heck of a junior. Ive know him since he was five. Id have to say out of all the kids my son grew up playing with, Austin is the smartest football player I have seen. He always puts himself where it needs to be. Not to mention he is one great kid. Imagine and Opie Taylor/Howie Long mix, That is Austin. Love that kid....As far as the game, Gallatin did a good job of stopping the run for most of the game, Their biggest mistakes which cost them greatly, were in the passing game. Also have to give an atta boy to Peyton Aric, our kicker, he really came through tonight making his field goals. Good luck to everyone next 2 weeks! whoop whoop

This was a fun exciting game, but I just wonder how far Gallatin has fallen this year. Portland ran their version of the single wing really well. I was surprised at how fast their little running backs were. Nice fight all the way to the end but Gallatin just doesn't have it this year. Not good in several areas. It will be very difficult to get up for the season ending game. Congrats to Portland and their first win since 1966.

Congrats to Portland and good luck in the playoffs, I hope you do well. As I have said before, your improvement from last year to this year has to be the most in the state. Gallatin's defense played well enough to win the game, but the offense struggled again for most of the game. The turnover at the Portland 30 and getting zero yards really hurt, then on the last drive from the 13, I thought the Wave got a little too excited and tried to force too much with still over a minute left on the clock. Unfortunately this has been the year for untimely penalties and mistakes, and it happened again last night. One game left, maybe they can come out and play hard, get a little better, and leave it all on the field against Beech in two weeks.

Randy, great to see you too, it has been a lot of years. Good luck again to you guys.

Congrats to Portland and good luck in the playoffs, I hope you do well. As I have said before, your improvement from last year to this year has to be the most in the state. Gallatin's defense played well enough to win the game, but the offense struggled again for most of the game. The turnover at the Portland 30 and getting zero yards really hurt, then on the last drive from the 13, I thought the Wave got a little too excited and tried to force too much with still over a minute left on the clock. Unfortunately this has been the year for untimely penalties and mistakes, and it happened again last night. One game left, maybe they can come out and play hard, get a little better, and leave it all on the field against Beech in two weeks.

Randy, great to see you too, it has been a lot of years. Good luck again to you guys.

Thanks Eric, good luck to yall too. I compare Gallatin to Lebanon this year. Yall both have too many weapons for yall not to score more. Yall have contained our RB's better than anyone this year. Comparable to Beech on defense. It felt good being back home for just a night, brought back a bunch of memories.

Even with 9 defenders in the box, gallatin could not slow down the panthers and big penalties against the panthers led to the gallatin scores. This game could have been a shutout, that Portland defense gets stronger every week. Would love to see a home playoff game!