Riverdale

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey AllRegion, just asking, does blount have an open enrollment rule where any kid can go to any school in county. rutherford county has zones for each school. with the exception of Oakland, which has an "acedemic program" that any body that qualifies can go to oakland.

Yes, you are correct in saying that Maryville and Alcoa can take tuition students. However, the part of your post that I disagreed with was that Maryville does not have to share most of the talent in Blount County. Blount County is not as large as Rutherford County, and Maryville still has to share talent with a perennial state power in Alcoa and two other large 6A schools.

3-7 or WORSE is where we are headed with this coach. I never thought I would see a 5-5 R'dale team, but he showed it to me a couple of years ago. I am sure you noticed we did NOT beat Hendersonville.

Daisy, just relax. Your job is secure for at least another year.

Smyrna is Smyrna. Teams will go up and down. That is their role in football life. The two Championships Sonny Gray and Coach Robbins delivered were something to behold. I will give Shad credit for being smart enough to get out of Coach Robbins way and let him call the offense. While I will always be a Smyrna Alum and supporter, it is a little far to drive for this old man to drive now.

Sorry to interrupt the pity party, but wanted to correct one thing. Shad was the one calling plays, as he has ALWAYS called plays. Coach Robbins didn't "call the offense" at Smyrna, and pretty sure he isn't doing it at Blackman. Could be wrong....maybe mykidsdad could shed some light on that one.

Sorry to interrupt the pity party, but wanted to correct one thing. Shad was the one calling plays, as he has ALWAYS called plays. Coach Robbins didn't "call the offense" at Smyrna, and pretty sure he isn't doing it at Blackman. Could be wrong....maybe mykidsdad could shed some light on that one.

Not sure about Smyrner, but at Blackmane that would be correct. And sometimes he drive me coo coo. Hey any body know if we have a tight end? Jus saying!popcorneater.gif

Thanks AllRegion, just wanted to here it from somebody who knew. i here so many different things about that, which i would say tuition students would help a program. if you had a choice it's a no brainer to pick Maryville or Alcoa, specially if your wanting to get recruited to play at next level.

Edited by daisyfairmount

Thanks AllRegion, just wanted to here it from somebody who knew. i here so many different things about that, which i would say tuition students would help a program. if you had a choice it's a no brainer to pick Maryville or Alcoa, specially if your wanting to get recruited to play at next level.

If you're a good player in the county of Blount County, what schools would you rather go to to play and excel not only in football, but academics? Maryville or WB or Heritage? Pretty easy choice. Maryville doesn't have to recruit, the kids freely go there because of what they have built. As crappy as it is for us other teams that have to play them, that's what winning breeds.

robbins has never called one down.

The schools and teams can do whatever they want to do. I am TOO HAPPY right now. My daughter in law just presented us with the NEXT generation of player.

Ryder Lane-9 pounds and 6 ouences born about two hours ago!

DIL is threatening to keep him for OU though. The 'clone' and I are pulling for either UT or Fla State.

Day one---------fourteen years or so to go!

The schools and teams can do whatever they want to do. I am TOO HAPPY right now. My daughter in law just presented us with the NEXT generation of player.

Ryder Lane-9 pounds and 6 ouences born about two hours ago!

DIL is threatening to keep him for OU though. The 'clone' and I are pulling for either UT or Fla State.

Day one---------fourteen years or so to go!

Congrats LOD on the addition. Words of advice.... if you love that kid, don't ever put that God awful Orange on him. I will get you a discount on some Alabama apparrel, and we will Sabanize that kid. Make a winner out of him. Roll Tide!!!