Screaming coaches..

tistheseason

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many ways to look at it. Some kids can't handle it, some thrive on it. I had an o-line coach in high school who told me that if I'm not yelling at you I've given up on you!! If you think about it that is the most true statement about it! Coaches coach players play and well parents want to do both! I myself love it when a coach gets on to my kids it let's me know that they haven't given up on them.

There are so many ways to look at it. Some kids can't handle it, some thrive on it. I had an o-line coach in high school who told me that if I'm not yelling at you I've given up on you!! If you think about it that is the most true statement about it! Coaches coach players play and well parents want to do both! I myself love it when a coach gets on to my kids it let's me know that they haven't given up on them.

I Agree with this statement AD. With the teams that I have been involved with, I don't ever remember seeing a sucessful coach that didn't yell at times. Most good coaches that are yelling, are doing so because they see some potential and are trying to get the kid to reach his full potential. Good coaches will also have a reason to do it, it won't just be screaming because they think you have to scream to be a coach. You can coach a kid hard as long as you are teaching him, if he sees that he is learning and getting better, he will take that coaching. But if you are just screaming to hear yourself scream, then it won't have much positive effect. If your kid never gets yelled at, I would think that he is either all world, or the coach doesn't think he has very much potential, so why bother.

the coach of page last year was Richard Herzog. I had a relative that played for him he wouldn't a spectacular athlete but had a good attitude good work ethics all around great kid but he ask the coach that he had to take a week offf practice to prepare 4 an Ffa conference .this conference was very important to him because it would affect his scholarship to college.that coach removed that kid off the team . and a couple weeks later was diagnosed with cancer I am so relieved that the present kids do not have to deal with this guy .all punishment was not to same depended on star athlete or just your regular average Joe what your suspensions were he preached no favoritism and that was a bunch of bull good riddance the kids last year were scared to make a mistake during the game and their play show it I thought the first year he did well but the second year he just got to big headed talk too highly of himself this team this year seems to play more relaxed and you could tell by the play on the field and sorry I cannot remember the new head coaches name but I think he's doing a fantastic job kids seem to be playing harder this year and more consistent not like last year thanks for reading my comments

Edited by pagegrad98

You guys are missing an ingrediant.Every coach has a different personality,and the abality to yell/scream/curse at your kids without having a negative influence is sort of a gift.Sam Fisher (basketball) was the worst I've ever heard in my thousands(literally)of games attended,and is STILL one of the best loved two coaches by his former players that I ever have known.Even though he's been retired for about fifteen years,every time I see him in public he's laughing with one or more of "his" players,and I've never heard one of them say a negative word about him,even behind his back.Coach Fisher,at one time or another was at Lexington,Riverside,and Scotts Hill for over 30+ years so at some point,if there were a negative side to his method it would've been exposed.In Coach Sams' defense,he'd praise them just as loudly and frequently as he'd down them...that was just his way of communicating.I don't think it can be done delebriately,kids are too smart to be conned,but if it's genuine it works.

the coach of page last year was Richard Herzog. I had a relative that played for him he wouldn't a spectacular athlete but had a good attitude good work ethics all around great kid but he ask the coach that he had to take a week offf practice to prepare 4 an Ffa conference .this conference was very important to him because it would affect his scholarship to college.that coach removed that kid off the team . and a couple weeks later was diagnosed with cancer I am so relieved that the present kids do not have to deal with this guy .all punishment was not to same depended on star athlete or just your regular average Joe what your suspensions were he preached no favoritism and that was a bunch of bull good riddance the kids last year were scared to make a mistake during the game and their play show it I thought the first year he did well but the second year he just got to big headed talk too highly of himself this team this year seems to play more relaxed and you could tell by the play on the field and sorry I cannot remember the new head coaches name but I think he's doing a fantastic job kids seem to be playing harder this year and more consistent not like last year thanks for reading my comments

I played for Herzog and I know the kid your referring to. His situation was very unfortunate and how it happened with Herzog. However I can tell you he may have took it to far a couple of times but he also helped some guys and did things also off the firld that if he didn't would have been in much worse shape worh

I played for Herzog and I know the kid your referring to. His situation was very unfortunate and how it happened with Herzog. However I can tell you he may have took it to far a couple of times but he also helped some guys and did things also off the firld that if he didn't would have been in much worse shape without his guidance. I admit he was little to much about not encouraging and jeo

I played for Herzog and I know the kid personally your referring to. His situation was very unfortunate and how it happened with Herzog. However I can tell you he may have took it to far a couple of times but he also helped some guys and did things also off the firld that if he didn't those guys would have been in much worse shape without his guidance. I admit he was little to much about not encouraging and helping. He also made us very disciplined and motivated us to succeed in a big away on the field and academically. I wish he would have encouraged more and built us up as much as he put us down but he still made us better and I hope he will be coaching again soon.

The current coach is coach Rathboone. He's been at the school for 12 years now and finally got his chance as a head coach and he is a good coach who has good assistants. Coach Herzog also did not play favoritism. I was not a star athlete by any means, I just worked hard and put my time in, really didnt play many snaps and i had a great relationship with Herzog. He would have strange relationships with players but most of the time there was a good reason for it. Once again I'm not saying some of the things he did was ok. He was definitely a little crazy and loud but he did not play favoritism whatsoever.

I played for Herzog and I know the kid your referring to. His situation was very unfortunate and how it happened with Herzog. However I can tell you he may have took it to far a couple of times but he also helped some guys and did things also off the firld that if he didn't would have been in much worse shape worh