Congrats Houston Clements on committing to UNC Chapel Hill

ironjaw

Just heard the news and wanted to congratulate one of my all-time favorite wrestlers, Houston Clements, on committing to be a Tarheel next year. A kid who has overcome more injuries than many I've ever heard of. Great kid, total class act, and always fun to watch. Congrats Houston to you and your family! 100% deserving. Best of luck this year thumb[1].gif

Edited by ironjaw

Wow! Big news for Mr. Clements. I've enjoyed watching Houston grow up over the years competing against the Purple Irish. Will never forget a match he had with my favorite Irishemen ever, Chris Agnew, in the the duals one year. Match went on close to 30 minutes I bet due to all of the blood time. Two warriors! Congrats Houston.

Ps. Would love to see Marchetti and Clements square off in a rematch this year! Talk about a war.

Well, well! Another Gordon Connell prodigy signing on to continue at the next level. Congrats, but hope many haven't forgotten where this one came from LOL. With that said, Houston is a great wrestler and I'm glad he's overcome all his injuries.

One question though: How is Heath letting talent like Houston and Brunner slip away? Would think these are the types of guys you would want to keep instate... Hope he can convince Alex Elsea to stay in town and become a Moc!

Well, well! Another Gordon Connell prodigy signing on to continue at the next level. Congrats, but hope many haven't forgotten where this one came from LOL. With that said, Houston is a great wrestler and I'm glad he's overcome all his injuries.

One question though: How is Heath letting talent like Houston and Brunner slip away? Would think these are the types of guys you would want to keep instate... Hope he can convince Alex Elsea to stay in town and become a Moc!

Trublu- I couldn't agree more that I hate to see two of our state's best wrestlers leave to wrestle out of state collegiately. I think it is totally unfortunate for Heath and the UTC program. Tennessee's elite wrestlers are truly underrated and Heath needs to do everything he can to keep these guys in state. I don't know the full story with Houston, but I honestly can't blame him. If I had the chance to attend a school like North Carolina back in the day, I can't imagine passing up that opportunity to go to Chattanooga. Carolina is one of the most elite academic and athletic institutions in the country. Really do hate to see the Mocs lose two in-state studs like this though... I look forward to watching both of those young men compete in the upcoming years!

Edited by ironjaw

Trublu- I couldn't agree more that I hate to see two of our state's best wrestlers leave to wrestle out of state collegiately. I think it is totally unfortunate for Heath and the UTC program. Tennessee's elite wrestlers are truly underrated and Heath needs to do everything he can to keep these guys in state. I don't know the full story with Houston, but I honestly can't blame him. If I had the chance to attend a school like North Carolina back in the day, I can't imagine passing up that opportunity to go to Chattanooga. Carolina is one of the most elite academic and athletic institutions in the country. Really do hate to see the Mocs lose two in-state studs like this though... I look forward to watching both of those young men compete in the upcoming years!

Valid point. Although despite cheering against the boys in red, I can't believe Eslinger missed out on BOTH of them. I agree though regarding Clements. Choosing North Carolina is a no brainer...glad to see he will be wearing that truBLU once again! But what were Brunner's reasons for taking North Dakota over UTC? I know Bono is there, but I can't imagine that being a better place to compete than in-state at UTC.

Also, I will say it again!!! IF Heath is the intelligent guy I think that he is he, then he WON'T let Elsea slip away too. Regardless of what Brunner and Clements' reasons were for not staying at UTC, Heath MUST keep instate ties if he wants to be successful. He can't keep losing guys like this. Hope to see Elsea sporting that Blue and Gold next year!

Edited by trublu2

Valid point. Although despite cheering against the boys in red, I can't believe Eslinger missed out on BOTH of them. I agree though regarding Clements. Choosing North Carolina is a no brainer...glad to see he will be wearing that truBLU once again! But what were Brunner's reasons for taking North Dakota over UTC? I know Bono is there, but I can't imagine that being a better place to compete than in-state at UTC.

Also, I will say it again!!! IF Heath is the intelligent guy I think that he is, then he WON'T let Elsea slip away too. Regardless of what Brunner and Clements' reasons were for not staying at UTC, Heath MUST keep instate ties if he wants to be successful. He can't keep losing guys like this. Hope to see Elsea sporting that Blue and Gold next year!

Edited by trublu2