Dresden at Huntingdon

tricklician

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And football's not even his best sport. You should see him play baseball & basketball. I'm hearing that they are not moving.

I watched him take McKenzie Middle to school the other night in basketball. Last summer, my summer league team came up and played Dresden and Wynn pitched the first two innings I think. We hit him pretty good. He had a pretty good breaking ball. I know he was only 12 or 13 and we were mostly 14's playing him.

And football's not even his best sport. You should see him play baseball & basketball. I'm hearing that they are not moving.

Hope they do stay. I think he will thrive in Dresden. Not that he wouldn't in Memphis, I just think it'd be best for him to stay put. Exceptional athlete

Hope they do stay. I think he will thrive in Dresden. Not that he wouldn't in Memphis, I just think it'd be best for him to stay put. Exceptional athlete

I think Dresden would be best for him, I'm like you he would still be awesome in Memphis but he would just be another good athelete down there. His whole class is full of players. I wonder how many will see playing time next year in High School. He needs about 25 lbs before hitting with the bigger boys though. They say he likes basketball over the other sports. Bet his dad isn't liking that much. When they become seniors and if they stay together then I might jump on the we will win state before season starts band wagon like others on here do.

I think Dresden would be best for him, I'm like you he would still be awesome in Memphis but he would just be another good athelete down there. His whole class is full of players. I wonder how many will see playing time next year in High School. He needs about 25 lbs before hitting with the bigger boys though. They say he likes basketball over the other sports. Bet his dad isn't liking that much. When they become seniors and if they stay together then I might jump on the we will win state before season starts band wagon like others on here do.

Sometimes we can't control where we live/are. But there is NO WAY any kid will be better off in Memphis athletically or otherwise. True there are some good to great athletes down there but it's all happening in a war zone of sorts. I've spent a LOT of time in Memphis and I would have honestly hated to raise my kids there. Memphis does have a lot of fun and interesting things to offer in it's defense but....................I have a lot of great friends there but........................

I don't know the kid and that really doesn't matter. He's better off where he is IMO.

Early in this thread I picked Huntingdon to win this game. All can say what they want about that but it's certainly nothing personal nor is it based on "stats". I'll say that it will be close and tough. Whichever wins has their work cut out for them. Say what you will, neither will have a cakewalk to Cookville. Both have been to the Show so you know what I'm saying and it won't be as easy as it's been in the past most likely. Some of the players on the East end are loaded this season. With that in mind, go West end!!!

Sometimes we can't control where we live/are. But there is NO WAY any kid will be better off in Memphis athletically or otherwise. True there are some good to great athletes down there but it's all happening in a war zone of sorts. I've spent a LOT of time in Memphis and I would have honestly hated to raise my kids there. Memphis does have a lot of fun and interesting things to offer in it's defense but....................I have a lot of great friends there but........................

I don't know the kid and that really doesn't matter. He's better off where he is IMO.

Early in this thread I picked Huntingdon to win this game. All can say what they want about that but it's certainly nothing personal nor is it based on "stats". I'll say that it will be close and tough. Whichever wins has their work cut out for them. Say what you will, neither will have a cakewalk to Cookville. Both have been to the Show so you know what I'm saying and it won't be as easy as it's been in the past most likely. Some of the players on the East end are loaded this season. With that in mind, go West end!!!

Yes I wish all teams good luck from West TN but the east is looking good this year, some of that might be overhype we will just have to wait and see.

Yes I wish all teams good luck from West TN but the east is looking good this year, some of that might be overhype we will just have to wait and see.

Hey Kermit. Some could be hype but over tme we've both seen that the power in the east is usually pretty real. Your Mustangs are in the hunt no matter what. Good Luck. Somebody needs to bring something gold back west this time. It will be tougher in 1A than 2A this time but??????? Let the games begin!!!!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Had a loooong talk with dresser and his dad before a game recently. Dresser Winn's dad works in Memphis at a job he really enjoys, and Dresser already plays some for Arlington's baseball travel team, that sport is his first love, and he has loys of friends out there too they said. his dad likes the size of Arlington, biggest school under one roof in state, to him big schools means better. (ha, my family roots are in arlington). I sang the praises of small towns, and shared how we moved from big Haywood/Brownsville just to be in smaller town, that it better on many levels. maybe we can keep him here, hope so. he is freakishly good. things looking good for dresden, both now and for the future, and success breeds success. snowball effect. GO LIONS! I say Dresden 28, Huntingdon 14 this week, in the rain I think too.

Had a loooong talk with dresser and his dad before a game recently. Dresser Winn's dad works in Memphis at a job he really enjoys, and Dresser already plays some for Arlington's baseball travel team, that sport is his first love, and he has loys of friends out there too they said. his dad likes the size of Arlington, biggest school under one roof in state, to him big schools means better. (ha, my family roots are in arlington). I sang the praises of small towns, and shared how we moved from big Haywood/Brownsville just to be in smaller town, that it better on many levels. maybe we can keep him here, hope so. he is freakishly good. things looking good for dresden, both now and for the future, and success breeds success. snowball effect. GO LIONS! I say Dresden 28, Huntingdon 14 this week, in the rain I think too.

And Arlington won the ring last year in baseball so the program I would bet is really strong. None the less, he is a great athlete.

Arlington is a great school. I can see the argument

There is no way I'm saying Dresden will be in cookville this year, I do think it's possible they could make it but it really looks like quad 4 will be loaded and the winner of quad 4 will probably have to deal with Adamsville. No matter who makes it from this area I'll be cheering for but like Duck said the east is top dog until someone knocks them off the hill. Dresden will have to play their best football of the year from here on out. I can t speak for the Mustang fans either but they will have a pretty hard road themselves with UC, and West Carroll to deal with. This weeks game will show me alot about what our playoff team will look like. Win or lose I think Dresden will be in pretty good shape for the playoffs. If they win great they are 10 and 0 and maybe they will earn some respect for beating Huntingdon. If they lose they should be more focused going into the playoffs and pretty pi33ed about getting beat, which could mean trouble for the teams we play in the playoffs. Just ready for Friday to get here!!!

Go Lions!!!