Tournament Time, HERE WE GO!

akula21

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chattanooga Christian over Sequatchie 6-0 in the other 7-AA game. Not very competitive unfortunately but it would have been a surprise had it been. Seq was missing four starters for a variety of reasons plus it was only the second game because for the one of the two main scorers, she missed about half the season. It would have likely not made a difference in the W or L but I'd still like for them to have been at their best.

East Hamilton 4

Hixson 1

District 6 A/AA

On a side note, according to a Signal parent, SM is definitely moving to District 6 next year, assuming EH moves to AAA.

I won't take this too far from the soccer topic but that is a big surprise and I will have to see it to believe it. That would leave the 7-AA district with Bledsoe, Grundy, Sequatchie, Notre Dame, CCS, and the 6-AA district would have Signal, Red Bank, Hixson, East Ridge, Howard, Brainerd, Tyner and Central (8-5). Marion has a slim chance of going into AA, they'd definitely be 7-AA.

I won't take this too far from the soccer topic but that is a big surprise and I will have to see it to believe it. That would leave the 7-AA district with Bledsoe, Grundy, Sequatchie, Notre Dame, CCS, and the 6-AA district would have Signal, Red Bank, Hixson, East Ridge, Howard, Brainerd, Tyner and Central (8-5). Marion has a slim chance of going into AA, they'd definitely be 7-AA.

It surprises me, too. I'm just relaying the rumors that some take as gospel. I hope SIgnal stays because too few schools in the district play soccer and one (Sequatchie) refuses to play a district schedule. Losing Signal just gives the Irish a one-game district schedule.

I'm pretty sure this was discussed greatly in the spring, and it's probably like beating a dead horse - but I just wanted to say - this is so stupid!

How is it that TSSAA doesn't control this? Just like the regular season overtime thing - the rule should be universal across the board. Every district should have to do things the same exact way. I'm talking everything - overtime vs no overtime in reg season; having to win or be runner-up in the district tourney to advance to region; how All-District is selected; where the district tourney is played (one place vs satellite), etc.

Remind me again, what is the point of having a district tournament for District 11?

Agreed.