Science Hill vs

voltnh

I could cut and past a response from a DB poster last week, but what's the point...

Voltnh I have no problem with offenses putting points on the board. A team can score 100 points and it would be fine by me if:

1. They have to keep scoring to maintain or ensure a lead

or

2. The opponent's defense is so bad that they still can't stop a second string offense

I figured SHS would score in the 60s or 70s because they weren't doing a great job on defense. But if I was a coach, I wouldn't risk injuring one of my best players when there's only 40 seconds to go in game where there was no question in the outcome.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voltnh I have no problem with offenses putting points on the board. A team can score 100 points and it would be fine by me if:

1. They have to keep scoring to maintain or ensure a lead

or

2. The opponent's defense is so bad that they still can't stop a second string offense

I figured SHS would score in the 60s or 70s because they weren't doing a great job on defense. But if I was a coach, I wouldn't risk injuring one of my best players when there's only 40 seconds to go in game where there was no question in the outcome.

Don't disagree....I had already left, but I think Reed was out by that point. McGue happens to be the 2nd string qb...

Hey, the SH D looked flat and TN High's offense was clicking like it was in the South game. Props to them

On the other hand, SH didn't let it get to them. They did what they were capable of on offense. Aside from the turnover, they scored on every first half possession (i think, pretty sure). Over 600 yrds offense, over 300 on the ground, R. Hayes accounted for 7 TDs.

I'll take it.... but the D needs to tighten up. Bigger animal next week.

The only way the SH vs DB game will be close is if they bring their horrible referees with them! Year after year we run into this same bunch of clowns at the Topper stadium.... win or lose!!! This was an exciting game to watch. I was shocked to see how easily the Viking offense was able to score. The Viking team doesn't sport much if any standout talent or speed to think of but our QB is a beast. All the WRs have to do is find a little open space and he will usually get to where they can make a play out of it. Only problem is that he usually has to do it within 2 seconds of the ball being snapped because of the weakness of the O line.... which is the back breaker of this team. Needless to say... the Vikings did surprisingly well against a team that had them outmatched in speed, size, and talent. Science Hill has the size, speed, and athletes to hang with DB. They just don't have that team aspect and their players tend to occasionally take plays off... and when you play a team that plays like a team and sport two players like DB have that will get you burnt BAD. After seeing both team up close and personal, I'm afraid the shoe is going to be on the other foot next week for the Toppers