Science Hill vs

voltnh

DB was all the way down to their B-Team by the 4th Qtr and used their 2nd String kicker. Graham has to make sure his starters are ready for 4 quarter games in the playoffs. It seems like you people want us to pull starters after going up 35 pts in the 2st Qtr of most games. Sorry...it's the defense's job to stop the offense. Why insult the opposition by laying down with a big lead?

Not really buying that. Go look at how many times Maryville broke the 60 point mark, or even the 50 point mark, during each of their multiple state championship season even though they darn well could have if they wanted. You'll find such instances are few and far between. I've seen them put Science Hill out of the playoffs the last two years. They could have put 100 on us if they wanted, but called off the dogs at around 40 points.

I think that Graham Clark is trying to prove a point this year, not that I blame him...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you all trying to tell me that you SH fans aren't pulling for Volunteer to pull off a miracle against the Indians on Friday night? Supporting THS this week against cuz the Vikings seem to be nice peoplewho played their game with very little complaining. However, it would not bother me in the least to have the "Mighty"Toppers come into J Fred Johnson at 9-0 and walk out with the heads hung low at 9-1 after receving at least 20 point beatdown by the Mighty Mighty Indians.

I don't really care what happens between the Indians and Falcons this week (but do you think I want them to beat DB and get you all pissed off a week before you play SH?!?!?, keep trying)

We're not the ones associating adjectives like "mighty" with Science Hill. The only one we've used is "improved". And yes, you may beat us by 20+ next week. But most of us are looking long term and hope that seasons like this become the norm and not the exception. If so, a victory over DB is just a matter of time.

You'll find that I am patient :)

I don't really care what happens between the Indians and Falcons this week (but do you think I want them to beat DB and get you all pissed off a week before you play SH?!?!?, keep trying)

We're not the ones associating adjectives like "mighty" with Science Hill. The only one we've used is "improved". And yes, you may beat us by 20+ next week. But most of us are looking long term and hope that seasons like this become the norm and not the exception. If so, a victory over DB is just a matter of time.

You'll find that I am patient icon_e_smile.gif

You'll get victories over DB in football like the Indians get wins over SH in basketball...once in a blue moon. The sad thing for us is that we have to put up with losing to the roundballing Toppers at least 2x per season...In football, you only get beaten once per season by the Tribe.

You'll get victories over DB in football like the Indians get wins over SH in basketball...once in a blue moon. The sad thing for us is that we have to put up with losing to the roundballing Toppers at least 2x per season...In football, you only get beaten once per season by the Tribe.

Well, there was the 1998 playoff encounter, which went horribly worse than that year's regular season contest......but perhaps that is our destined dichotomy...DB ruling in football, SH in basketball...and usually baseball.. swimming... golf... volleyball....... soccer..... wrestling.......... tennis......... there was a day when I could include band on this list.....cross country.... we can give bowling to you guys along with football....

Just messin' with ya', we'll have plenty of time to discuss this ad nauseam next week. Until then, bring on the Vikings.

Edited by voltnh

Not really buying that. Go look at how many times Maryville broke the 60 point mark, or even the 50 point mark, during each of their multiple state championship season even though they darn well could have if they wanted. You'll find such instances are few and far between. I've seen them put Science Hill out of the playoffs the last two years. They could have put 100 on us if they wanted, but called off the dogs at around 40 points.

I think that Graham Clark is trying to prove a point this year, not that I blame him...

Amen . . .

Are you all trying to tell me that you SH fans aren't pulling for Volunteer to pull off a miracle against the Indians on Friday night? Supporting THS this week against cuz the Vikings seem to be nice peoplewho played their game with very little complaining. However, it would not bother me in the least to have the "Mighty"Toppers come into J Fred Johnson at 9-0 and walk out with the heads hung low at 9-1 after receving at least 20 point beatdown by the Mighty Mighty Indians.

I am defiantly pulling for DB to be 9-0 next week!

You'll find that I am patient icon_e_smile.gif

Agreed

All that is true . . . Not saying basketball doesn't mean a lot to win. Because it does mean A LOT. BUT, we all know for the most part . . . football is king!

Is the Toppers ready to join the 70's Club???????? Seriously dont think that the Toppers will defeat DB. That team has to many weapons to try to stop. The Hill hasnt really played a REALLY Good matchup Team in there schd.this year. I think that SH vs. DB is there Biggest game of the year until playoffs. Now that the Forman kid#6 is at QB. He is extremely Dangerous, and unstoppable.Then you have to worry about the Swafford kid#8 who ran on sevierCo. like he was teaching a youth football camp and SevierCo. is always in BEASTMODE!!! Barger#13 has stepped his game up.and the fullback Casey#35 is plowing it up the middle.

If The Hill can keep "The Dual" from there 6 or 7 touchdowns in the First Half.......... It might just be a game to watch!!!!!