Brentwood Academy - Ensworth

WesVLT

hardly - bowers called the timeout. i can't even believe you said a few posts up that BA called it. he wanted to make sure he got another TD on the board. in my 54 yrs that and passing with 6 secs when you have the win was one of the most egregious sportsmanship things i have ever seen and i've coached youth sports for almost 20 yrs. ensworth proved they have the better team - they knocked BA off the ball but they also proved they have the lesser man as coach. we may meet again, and while it looks like e-worth can't be beaten, you never never know.

No one said anything about not being beaten - it was a good game between two excellent teams. I hope you TIVO'd it because here is exactly what happened at the end: Ensworth's qb called a timeout (there were two seconds on the playclock at the time). The teams then both went back out to end the game and BA called a timeout. My thought was that BA's coach thought it important to his team to get the stop - I have no problem whatsoever with that - he was clearly coaching his team for down the road. During this second timeout, Ensworth removed several starters (including the qb, running backs and the tight end) and put in the backups. They then ran a pass play from seven yards out and scored. Clearly Ricky was coaching his team for down the road as well. Don't really see the problem there. Please someone who TIVOs this come back and tell these people who called the last timeout!!!!

Edited by RedRobin

If you are mad about the end of the game, you don't get it. Ensworth is not about Friday Night Lights, pageantry, sportsmanship, etc... Ensworth is about putting kids in college football programs. Friday nights are nothing more than showcase nights (for everyone, including the subs), and this Friday was on national television. If you think the coaches feel bad, you are nuts. I think the "competition" bores them.

I don't really like Ensworth, but acknowledge that they are simply on a different level, playing a different game.

Ensworth the better team tonight. Elder hard to stop due to massive running lanes. Staver struggled tonight and looked like a freshman QB. I believe these teams will meet in Cookville for a rematch.

BA will need to play better to win on both sides of the ball. If BA does not figure out Ensworth offensive blocking schemes, the result will not be any different.

Ensworth the better team tonight. Elder hard to stop due to massive running lanes. Staver struggled tonight and looked like a freshman QB. I believe these teams will meet in Cookville for a rematch.

BA will need to play better to win on both sides of the ball. If BA does not figure out Ensworth offensive blocking schemes, the result will not be any different.

I would like to see these two teams play again. Who knows what will happen. However, I strongly suggest that BA not overlook MUS - they are darn good and will give either or both of these teams a run for their money.

in my 54 yrs that and passing with 6 secs when you have the win was one of the most egregious sportsmanship things i have ever seen and i've coached youth sports for almost 20 yrs. ensworth proved they have the better team - they knocked BA off the ball but they also proved they have the lesser man as coach.

This is too funny! Who said a few days ago: "Tough to tell f-men and s-mores to drop dead on the field. I guess we could take a knee for the entire 4th quarter?"

And there is nothing wrong with letting the young guys run a play on ESPN.

You think the Ensworth time out side line meeting went like this:

"HC- Coach Wade(OC), let's kneel down.

OC- yeah, let's enjoy this win

HC- I agree, no sense scoring, not good sportsmanship.

OC- let's do it.

HC- I'm going to put a few guys in for last play.

OC- great

HC- Johnson, Smith, Wilson, Matthews, White get in.

OC- hey guys we are going to kneel, just protect the ball.

Smith (2nd team QB)- hey coach it's on TV, you know ESPNU. Lots of people watching, can we run a real play so I can see myself on the jumbotron?

OC- Ricky, what you think?

HC- sounds good, I love seeing my players on TV, but don't try and score, not good sportmanship, plus BA coach is new to league and I don't want to make him mad.

OC- let's run @&$!?@&), remember don't score, but look up at the jumbotron and smile.

Ready.....Break"

Guess that is probably how it went.

Edited by shakinthefat

6 secs bud 6 secs. big diff and you know it. and an entirely different situation - natl'l TV and ricky wanted to make his stmt. you're naive if you think otherwise. we got our butts beat - said it already. you can yap all you want - and i get a laugh at the "ba called the last timeout" stuff. you take a knee with 6 secs. you show me where BA called a timeout with 6 secs left and passed for a TD with no time on the clock and i'll give you a 1000 bucks.

6 secs bud 6 secs. big diff and you know it. and an entirely different situation - natl'l TV and ricky wanted to make his stmt. you're naive if you think otherwise. we got our butts beat - said it already. you can yap all you want - and i get a laugh at the "ba called the last timeout" stuff. you take a knee with 6 secs. you show me where BA called a timeout with 6 secs left and passed for a TD with no time on the clock and i'll give you a 1000 bucks.

That is not what I am saying. BA called the last timeout (while on defense) in the game tonight against Ensworth. Why on earth would BA call a timeout with 6 seconds left if they were expecting a kneeldown? I am merely trying to correct some statements made by some on here who appear upset at the outcome. I am not yapping (have not said who I thought was the better team or what I think would happen if these teams played again). I have also, unlike some of the BA posters, not accused anyone of "buying players". Nor have I called any of the coaches names while hiding behind a keyboard or started threads with the specific intent of defaming someone. I am glad that there are no Ensworth fans on here crowing about the win. I am disappointed in the way some BA fans are handling the loss. It was a good game between two very good teams. I hope they both play to their full potential next week and in the playoffs.

Edited by RedRobin