Brentwood Academy - Ensworth

WesVLT

Good points smoke stack...we will see if that changes this year..the only game BA was out of in all those was last year .. I attended all of them from inception. I think potters mistake was not opening up the offense when he needed to and also playing too conservative ... BA was very predictable .. I would often call the play in the stands and be right most often. This team is different... The defense is improved over last year and the offense is as well ... Even the trinity game I saw improvements .. They would strike and BA came right back. If that game were played now it would be a different story I imagine .. So we shall see

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

I'll be surprised if either side comes up with a big play....it's just not going to be there, even with all the offensive firepower on the field. These are 2 really, really good defenses. Both fly to the ball and tackle well.... I don't think Corn can run wild on this BA defense, and I don't think Stavers will have a bunch of open receivers against EHS....BA is more dynamic on offense, but Bowers is effective complementing Corn with the play-action game. Corn on defense also really affects opposing offenses....he basically owns the middle of the field, so you have to attack the sidelines. Stavers is good enough to challenge Corn over the middle....but Corn is good enough to make him pay with a long pick 6.

Someone will have to grind out a scoring drive to win....a short field is your friend....special teams will be big.

Going to be fun to watch, that's for sure.....

Corn has been able to play the middle and fly to the ball. It will be interesting to see how that is handled with BAs 4 very talented receivers. Any one of them can make a big play. Key to me for BAs offense is the big boys on the line - if Max gets time to throw, i'm pretty sure a few of those boys will be open - they have been all yr. E-worth's big boys are tough - look very good on the film i've seen. Also remember BA lost one of their fastest corners for the season 2 wks ago. Could be a factor in this game

Only twice did those teams score 50 or more points in a game -- against a 4-7 Oakland team in 2003 (50-20) and a 2-8 Briarcrest team in 2006 (53-7).

From 1970 to 1999, BA scored a total of 50+ pts 21 times, 60+ pts 7 times, 70+ pts 1 time.

Playing against Flatt's BA team 4 times, got beat bad 3 out of 4. Flatt never took starters out even with a 5 TD 4th qtr lead.

Running up the score is not good sportsmanship but sometimes the other team lays down and the end result looks like a runup score.

Edited by shakinthefat

I have a feeling Ricky will keep it vanilla Friday night....stick with Corn, set up the play action with Bowers, trust his defense/special teams. That may be good enough to beat BA; maybe not...I don't think he will pull out all the stops to win this one....he's well aware of what it means to face a team twice in this league, especially with these 2 meeting up so late in the season. The new BA coach probably doesn't get that at this point. I think, deep down, Ricky would love to lose this game and use it as motivation for his team going into the play-offs. My guess is that two of his great coaching disappointments have been losing rematches in the play-offs, where he won the regular season game with clearly the better team....State title in '97 (lost to FRHS in Clinic Bowl); '09 (lost to MBA in play-offs). Last year his team throttled Baylor after losing to them in the regular season.

My pick is BA 21, EHS 13...no way this is a high scoring game--both defenses are too good.....JMO.....

I think this post is preposterous. The idea that Coach Bowers "deep down" wants to lose? You should ask him that! Also, I hope a BA fan gets to the "new BA coach" to alert him of how hard it is to beat a team twice. Maybe it would be better that the staff focus on McCallie, since it would be to his advantage to lose since its so hard to beat a team twice--assuming the two teams may meet again in the playoffs. Since Coach White has only coached for about 20 years, I'm sure you're right, he's not aware of the adage that its hard to beat a team twice. I predict a 0-0 tie.

How about corn defending against jalen r at receiver? Who wins that matchup ? BA has been using jalen more and more at receiver and he has made some huge catches. Being on the field has opened up the other receivers as well .. I know BGA - Father Ryan are no Ensworh but this last game Jalen, D- wade and CJ all made huge plays and it looked like BA mixed it up more than I have seen this year so far. I say take it right at corn in the middle and I expect they will

I'll be surprised if either side comes up with a big play....it's just not going to be there, even with all the offensive firepower on the field. These are 2 really, really good defenses. Both fly to the ball and tackle well.... I don't think Corn can run wild on this BA defense, and I don't think Stavers will have a bunch of open receivers against EHS....BA is more dynamic on offense, but Bowers is effective complementing Corn with the play-action game. Corn on defense also really affects opposing offenses....he basically owns the middle of the field, so you have to attack the sidelines. Stavers is good enough to challenge Corn over the middle....but Corn is good enough to make him pay with a long pick 6.

Someone will have to grind out a scoring drive to win....a short field is your friend....special teams will be big.

Going to be fun to watch, that's for sure.....

I think this post is preposterous. The idea that Coach Bowers "deep down" wants to lose? You should ask him that! Also, I hope a BA fan gets to the "new BA coach" to alert him of how hard it is to beat a team twice. Maybe it would be better that the staff focus on McCallie, since it would be to his advantage to lose since its so hard to beat a team twice--assuming the two teams may meet again in the playoffs. Since Coach White has only coached for about 20 years, I'm sure you're right, he's not aware of the adage that its hard to beat a team twice. I predict a 0-0 tie.

umm, okay.

Until Brentwood Academy gets it done I don't see it. I have a lot more faith in "Ricky" and quite frankly his coaching staff (Wade and Rodriguez) than "the boys from Texas". The best thing Ricky has done in the last few years is gotten the best assistant coaches on his sideline. "Ricky" does not call reverses, halback passes, etc. because he doesn't call the offensive plays. He leaves that to Coach Wade. All defensive responsibilities are left to Rodriguez. Talent for Talent, if Ricky and his staff had BA's talent, he would not lose a game. However, the difference every year in this rivalry is coaching. "Ricky" gets a ton of the credit, but he didn't win a title at Ensworth until his current OC showed up.

Maybe Ricky should just stay home on Friday nights. The 2 headed monster of Wade and Rodriquez will have it under control. I have watched a ton of games and seen Ricky have his all his QB's (Jefferson, Campbell, Parker and Bowers) come to the sideline and get the next play. Wade is not normally in that meeting and Ricky is not wearing a headset a lot of the time, so how is Wade calling ALL the plays? Ricky also signals, whistles and shouts at his QB to change plays at the line of scrimmage. Ricky is a control freak and has more input in the plays and schemes than you might think.

Edited by shakinthefat

How about corn defending against jalen r at receiver? Who wins that matchup ? BA has been using jalen more and more at receiver and he has made some huge catches. Being on the field has opened up the other receivers as well .. I know BGA - Father Ryan are no Ensworh but this last game Jalen, D- wade and CJ all made huge plays and it looked like BA mixed it up more than I have seen this year so far. I say take it right at corn in the middle and I expect they will

I don't know....but there is going to be more talent on the field Friday night than we've seen here in a long time.....