Brentwood Academy - Ensworth

WesVLT

allregion - as i understand the situation, it is under negotiation. coach white wants to play them later in the season and they may have dates already booked. he is also contacting some other strong pgms - in and out of state. from what i understand he got a no from every in state pgm. i know a few that were called - not all. would not name them here anyway as it will start a firestorm. it is his desire to strengthen the BA schedule - those were his words

Different world amigo, ask anyone close to the program. This BA team is not even close to mirroring last years team. This year BA is a different level. Cody and Norris have brought a much higher level of expectations and their kids are rising to meet them.

BA has its best team in at least 4 years. Ensworth's team now is not as good as in past years but they are still very good.

The winner of the game will likely lose the next meeting in the playoffs if that matters now. Ensworth is favored by 6 but the smart money may be on BA. This will be the best game of the year.

Different world amigo, ask anyone close to the program. This BA team is not even close to mirroring last years team. This year BA is a different level. Cody and Norris have brought a much higher level of expectations and their kids are rising to meet them.

BA has its best team in at least 4 years. Ensworth's team now is not as good as in past years but they are still very good.

The winner of the game will likely lose the next meeting in the playoffs if that matters now. Ensworth is favored by 6 but the smart money may be on BA. This will be the best game of the year.

But I bet they all TiVo the game ...

allregion - as i understand the situation, it is under negotiation. coach white wants to play them later in the season and they may have dates already booked. he is also contacting some other strong pgms - in and out of state. from what i understand he got a no from every in state pgm. i know a few that were called - not all. would not name them here anyway as it will start a firestorm. it is his desire to strengthen the BA schedule - those were his words

From what I heard last year....he was contacted 5 years ago for BA job. He was an asst coach at the time. When the long time head coach there retired, White was offered the HC job. Couldn't pass up the opportunity. Fast forward 4 years, Potter leaves BA and White was contacted again. He had early success his 1st couple of years as a new HC, the last 2 were mediocre. Interviewed at BA, liked the school and it's mission as well as football history. Decides to accept job.

doct - i had read this some time ago myself. thx for sharing with all. we hear so much talk these days from supposed leaders and very little action (like last nite's debate). Few walk their talk. Cody does. I have been very impressed with this man. just what he has done with my son - and involved himself in his life and future - has been more than anyone could ever ask. Curt masters told me how special this guy was and he is right. BA might lose fri nite but the boys playing for him are winners by virtue of having him and coach norris (another keeper), and the entire BA staff coach them. and they know it. I have close relationships with 2 of the coaches at BA who have been around for along time. both have told me this is the most fun they have ever had coaching. the guy is a leader. I want to win fri more than anyone but i also know that if we don't and get a 2nd shot, i'm feeling good about the 2nd chance. thx for posting this

doct - i had read this some time ago myself. thx for sharing with all. we hear so much talk these days from supposed leaders and very little action (like last nite's debate). Few walk their talk. Cody does. I have been very impressed with this man. just what he has done with my son - and involved himself in his life and future - has been more than anyone could ever ask. Curt masters told me how special this guy was and he is right. BA might lose fri nite but the boys playing for him are winners by virtue of having him and coach norris (another keeper), and the entire BA staff coach them. and they know it. I have close relationships with 2 of the coaches at BA who have been around for along time. both have told me this is the most fun they have ever had coaching. the guy is a leader. I want to win fri more than anyone but i also know that if we don't and get a 2nd shot, i'm feeling good about the 2nd chance. thx for posting this

Well said. Many feel the same about Coach Bowers and the Ensworth staff.

Meritage, very nice of you to share this perspective. Leadership is The most important thing to an organization (team's) success. BA has it now. Curt went out on a limb to hire Coach White, for many lobbied for another very high quality coach who would have done an excellent job, who went deep into the interview process. Cody's record in 2010 and 2011 at Denison worked against him in the eyes of many (me included). However, while the other coach would have done well I'm sure, I just can't imagine a better hire for BA than Coach White. Lastly, I'm sure you know this, for you are certainly "in the know" regarding all things BA--but Cody has had a huge impact on other sports as well as AD. Kudos to Curt Masters for a great hire.