Brentwood Academy - Ensworth

WesVLT

All goes back to what you have said all along... Stop corn and you have a shot at winning .. Ensworth didn't look un beatable to me tonight .. They have a great line and i dont see how any team will beat them on the ground..but BA made alot of mistakes and looked really flat at times. When you are in the red zone 4 times and come away with zero you have no shot to win a ball game. If someone had told me before the game BA would not score I would have laughed .. If someone told me Ensworth would score just 14 points, I would have liked BA's chances. Ensworth is good but not good enough to shut out this BA team when they play up to their potential ..anyways, you live to fight another day.

well before i head to bed, i'll respond to your last stmt - BA was not a very good team tonite. e-worth was we were not. and my response was to WC but in any case enough from me also. it's done

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

BA did get beat by a better team at this stage of the season. However, as a parent, I did witness dishonor in victory by Ensworth and honor in defeat by BA. To the one that posted about the programs solely about getting kids exposure to D1 schools on national tvI would pull my kids from programs tomorrow if a program put getting kids ESPN exposure over a lesson of showing sportsmanship and demonstrating honor in victory and defeat. Athletics have a purpose in these two fine schools, but not the only purpose by a long shot. Carry on Masters and White, you get my vote with my tuition payment any day.

Edited by GoldenGoose85

He has no ability to analyze anything if you know who he is and how little he knows about football ... Just read the garbage he writes on here. Anyone who knows football or has played the game past high school can view the game on tv and will see that BA was not rolled by Ensworth. If BA had executed halfway on offense we had a ball game . BA on offense did not play well at all....their defense held ensworth to its lowest point total all year. To ensworths credit their line played great on both sides of the ball. But the game by no means was a blowout by ensworth. They may win another state title but surely they will need to go through BA or MUS again .. Just ignore Williamson county .. All these couch quarterbacks who never started a down of football in their lives do not deserve your attention ...

Hearing either one of these teams take the high road and point a finger at the other is PURE COMEDY GOLD!

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

BA is built on honor and character. Comes into discussion on everything we do or any competition we enter. Not perfect, by any means, but definitely the gold standard we aim for. Comes into play any time you face a BA team in anything. Ensworth has a fine team that beat us soundly. They better saddle up and be ready for a fight in the playoffs. Coach White and his staff will have Em' ready!

Ensworth looked strong- especially on the left side of the o-line. Corn was the real deal- many good moves- cuts like Barry Sanders or Eric Metcalf going through the line. Impressive.

Eagles couldnt sustain a drive on 1st and 2nd down, leaving us in too many 3rd and 10 situations. Defense couldn't get off the field.

BA player body language was communicating frustration the whole game- especially the key players. Was a frustrating game for fans as well- especially the drives that fell short inside the 20.