District 12A

RedTang

I got to say something!! Feels good, but this late in the season, momentum is a HUGE THING! Eagles need to keep building, cause you don't want to lose any momentum now. Tuesday night in Waynesboro is now the "HUGE GAME".

From where we've been though, you got to take a second to enjoy it!

I said that Stown would not split with Cwood and now Stown is up 1-0 so the only way out of my prediction is for Stown to sweep. Stown has to really be improving for them to now have beaten PC, Loretto and Cwood. They will probably beat WC tonight (hope I miss this too) and could finish 1 or 2 in the district. I keep hoping that WC will come together but they just have not improved very much. They are just up and down. They looked good at Clifton Friday night but it was Clifton. However, it was a lot of outside shots and not layups. That just shows me that WC could be a lot better than they are just due to a mental approach. Knowing that they would beat Clifton they turned it loose and played aggressive but when they face other teams they loose confidence and shy down. They need to get mentally "TUFFER".

I said that Stown would not split with Cwood and now Stown is up 1-0 so the only way out of my prediction is for Stown to sweep. Stown has to really be improving for them to now have beaten PC, Loretto and Cwood. They will probably beat WC tonight (hope I miss this too) and could finish 1 or 2 in the district. I keep hoping that WC will come together but they just have not improved very much. They are just up and down. They looked good at Clifton Friday night but it was Clifton. However, it was a lot of outside shots and not layups. That just shows me that WC could be a lot better than they are just due to a mental approach. Knowing that they would beat Clifton they turned it loose and played aggressive but when they face other teams they loose confidence and shy down. They need to get mentally "TUFFER".

Mental Toughness used to be characteristic of Stown and WC in past years.

And here we are on January 22, 2013, 1 day after Summertown plays the best game they've played all year and take down the best team in the District. What is this teams identity? They are the best team in the District when they are able to establish inside play. Without inside play they manage to turn the ball over 20+ times per game. Tonight was an asolute beat down by Wayne County. They had a game plan and it worked to perfection. 2-3 zone all night. Make Summertowns Guards beat you and let them beat themselves. 3 players surrounding the Wright boy all night. I think he had 4 or 6 points, still had double digit rebounds and blocks, but where he goes they go. If he doesn't establish the Inside game then the guards have trouble.. I am having trouble knowing where this team stands, Who knows which team is going to show up. I guess we'll see Friday against Frank Hughes. If they beat them by 20 then they are the same team from November and December, if they beat them by 30 or 35, then maybe this team has a chance come tourney time.

And here we are on January 22, 2013, 1 day after Summertown plays the best game they've played all year and take down the best team in the District. What is this teams identity? They are the best team in the District when they are able to establish inside play. Without inside play they manage to turn the ball over 20+ times per game. Tonight was an asolute beat down by Wayne County. They had a game plan and it worked to perfection. 2-3 zone all night. Make Summertowns Guards beat you and let them beat themselves. 3 players surrounding the Wright boy all night. I think he had 4 or 6 points, still had double digit rebounds and blocks, but where he goes they go. If he doesn't establish the Inside game then the guards have trouble.. I am having trouble knowing where this team stands, Who knows which team is going to show up. I guess we'll see Friday against Frank Hughes. If they beat them by 20 then they are the same team from November and December, if they beat them by 30 or 35, then maybe this team has a chance come tourney time.

WC coaches had a great game plan and WC players carried it out. Job well done WC. Players showed some mental "TUFFNESS" and did not let up and FINISHED. Trying not to get over excited but good win with Stown being on a roll. Keep it going WC and finish the season strong.

Update on Scorers.

1. Matt Lineberry FH 13.7

2. Seth Wright Stown 12.688

3. Justin Edney PC 11.917

4. Sawyer Ray WC 10.643

5. Logan Montgomery Cwood 10.467

6. Kelby Ray Cwood 9.75

7. Zack Risner WC 8.733

8. Carson Kelly WC 8.429

9. Wesley Pigg Cwood 8.333

10. Riley Brashier FH 8.3

11. Hunter Andrews Cwood 8.125

12. Nate Morrison Stown 8.059

13. Briley Glass Loretto 7.923

14. Renan Souza FH 7.75

15. Ethan Fowler Loretto 7.667

Current as of 1/24/2013

1. J Edney PC 15.5

2. M Lineberry FH 13.5

3. L Montgomery Cwood 13.3

4. S Wright Stown 12.6

5. S Ray WC 11.5

6. W Bates PC 11.1

7. C Kelly WC 10.8

8. H Andrews Cwood 10.3

9. K Ray Cwood 10.2

9. L Scott Stown 10.2

10. W Pigg Cwood 9.6

11. Z Risner WC 9.5

12. M Burks Loretto 9.2

12. L Myhan Loretto 9.2

12. R Souza FH 9.2

Summertown did exactly what the should have done with Frank Hughes last night. Winning by 30+. JV was in the game for most of the 3rd Quarter. This team is gonna be scary to whoever draws them in the Tournament. I don't have the Stats in front of me but the Perry Kid got hot from behind the arc and the Wright boy had another big game I'm sure it was a double double (PTs-reb) I lost count on his rebounds at 15 and that was early in the 3rd. They looked good last night. It would be nice to see them come out tonight,on the road, and beat Forrest. Show people that they can play with intensity back to back nights. That's what they need for tournament play. Does anyone have anything on WC and Collinwood? I heard it was pretty close? Like 2 points?

Summertown did exactly what the should have done with Frank Hughes last night. Winning by 30+. JV was in the game for most of the 3rd Quarter. This team is gonna be scary to whoever draws them in the Tournament. I don't have the Stats in front of me but the Perry Kid got hot from behind the arc and the Wright boy had another big game I'm sure it was a double double (PTs-reb) I lost count on his rebounds at 15 and that was early in the 3rd. They looked good last night. It would be nice to see them come out tonight,on the road, and beat Forrest. Show people that they can play with intensity back to back nights. That's what they need for tournament play. Does anyone have anything on WC and Collinwood? I heard it was pretty close? Like 2 points?

Collinwood 57 Wayne County 55. Last second shot by Montgomery to win it.

As far as how Summertown looked, I agree with you that Summertown looked impressive, but consistancy is the big issue on offense. Youth is part of that problem, so it should only get better as we go deeper into the season, IF we make it back to top 2....Wayne County is looking hard to beat!!

Wayne county isn't hard to beat. Loretto handled them pretty easily tonight. Wayne County is the 4th or 5th best team in the district away from their home gym. They have a distinct advantage there with it being dark enough to get a good nights sleep in there. If you don't sit in the reserved seating you can't see the game without a flashlight. "Exaggeration". I feel like the district Tourney should be interesting this year with a cluster of close teams. But get WC out of Wayne county and they aren't one of those teams.

C-Wood

S-Town

Lo-town

PC

WC

FH

Bottom 4-5 are a coin flip.

I have to admit that Waynesboro gym is pretty dark. Loretto had a good offensive game at Waynesboro, but the defense still needs work. Lortteo's home against Perry Co. had to be the worst game of the year for Loretto as they could not get anything to drop, even easy shots wouldnt fall and our defense could have been better as well. Oh, well not where I thought they would be at this point in the year but have potential, but potential is only that potential.