District 12A

RedTang

WC played MTP in a close game last night. MTP won by 5 but WC had chances to pull it out at the end. Both of WC losses to MTP were by 5 & 7 points. I haven't given WC much of a chance this year but 6 of their losses were Lawrence County 14- 9 in AAA (twice), Hardin County 19-3 in AAA (twice) and MTP 20- 2 in A (twice).

I'll have to agree I think this team has overacheived this year. maybe not in wins and losses but in their ability to be in almost every game. I thought we underacheived last year with our talent level throughout the year and the year before. However, this team has done really well. They compete so hard night in and night out. They could beat any team in the region on any night.

District scoring leaders.

1. Justin Edney PC 15.6

2. Matt Lineberry FH 13.3

2. Logan Montgomery CW 13.3

4. Seth Wright ST 12.6

5. Sawyer Ray WC 11.9

6. Miles Burks Lor 11.2

7. Wesley Pigg CW 11.1

8. Weston Bates PC 10.9

9. Kelby Ray CW 10.3

9. Luke Scott ST 10.3

11. Hunter Andrews CW 9.8

12. Carson Kelly WC 9.6

12. Lane Myhan Lor 9.6

14. Renan SouZa FH 9.4

15. Zack Risner WC 9.3

I may be wrong but the Summertown FH game tomorrow may get out of hand early. The regular season is one thing but the playoffs are different. I hope coach hunt leaves the team in for the entirety of the game. Let them get settled in to PC's atmosphere. They need momentum and rythum going into Friday and they aren't going to get it by playing two quick quarters against FH after this long break.

I may be wrong but the Summertown FH game tomorrow may get out of hand early. The regular season is one thing but the playoffs are different. I hope coach hunt leaves the team in for the entirety of the game. Let them get settled in to PC's atmosphere. They need momentum and rythum going into Friday and they aren't going to get it by playing two quick quarters against FH after this long break.

FH gave Cwood all that they wanted for the first half of one of the regular season games. I think it was tied up at the half but Cwood opened it up the second half.

Watching the First round of the 12A district tournament tonight was painful. Both teams moving on played awful. All four teams that played tonight played awful. Maybe we can chalk it up to a neutral gym, but Loretto didn't put Perry County away like they should have, but that was without the Burks boy. He is a huge part of that team, probably their best player. Summertown has it all sitting in front of them and they refuse to use it. Camden Perry shot the ball very well. but Seth Wright (6'8'' 240 pounds) didn't touch the ball on a post feed until the 3rd quarter. He had 6 points in the First half and finished the game with 22 (Team decided to use him in the 2nd half) I have to give Timmy Beard and Seth Wright credit though, regardless of how non-exsistant the Guard play is for Summertown, they continue to work in the paint. For Summertown to win on Friday, Seth Wright needs to touch the ball 20 times. Thats not 20 shots he just needs to touch it 20 times on Offense. WC will swarm him after he scores the first 10 points of the game and for the rest of the game Camden Perry and Luke Scott can shoot uncontested. They HAVE to use him. He has carried them all year with the resistance of his teammates, Its time for them to let it happen. I'm interested to see the Loretto and C-Wood game as well as the WC-Summertown games on Friday. I really don't see a game in either one. If the same teams from tonight show up friday, WC and Collinwood will cake walk to the Championship game.

Quick Question: Does anyone know when the Championship game will be played?

Watching the First round of the 12A district tournament tonight was painful. Both teams moving on played awful. All four teams that played tonight played awful. Maybe we can chalk it up to a neutral gym, but Loretto didn't put Perry County away like they should have, but that was without the Burks boy. He is a huge part of that team, probably their best player. Summertown has it all sitting in front of them and they refuse to use it. Camden Perry shot the ball very well. but Seth Wright (6'8'' 240 pounds) didn't touch the ball on a post feed until the 3rd quarter. He had 6 points in the First half and finished the game with 22 (Team decided to use him in the 2nd half) I have to give Timmy Beard and Seth Wright credit though, regardless of how non-exsistant the Guard play is for Summertown, they continue to work in the paint. For Summertown to win on Friday, Seth Wright needs to touch the ball 20 times. Thats not 20 shots he just needs to touch it 20 times on Offense. WC will swarm him after he scores the first 10 points of the game and for the rest of the game Camden Perry and Luke Scott can shoot uncontested. They HAVE to use him. He has carried them all year with the resistance of his teammates, Its time for them to let it happen. I'm interested to see the Loretto and C-Wood game as well as the WC-Summertown games on Friday. I really don't see a game in either one. If the same teams from tonight show up friday, WC and Collinwood will cake walk to the Championship game.

Quick Question: Does anyone know when the Championship game will be played?

Girls Semi's are tomorrow boys are on Friday and the Championship for the Girls are Monday and Boy's Tuesday.