Preseason 9AA Predictions

Cleggy

GB versus HF yesterday in a loss by about 4pts. Ugly first half, better second half but overall looked like your typical preseason unorganized scrimmage. Young was easily high scorer, the big Allen kid got 6, a couple blocks and a few rebounds, balanced scoring elsewhere. What concerns me is taking care of the ball against pressure, pick-and-roll purpose on offense, overall toughness and weak-side defensive help against penetration. All these will be addressed by Mason I'm CERTAIN, and I'm still predicting (fingers crossed!) a better-than-.500 season in the district.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the season has started. What's the records so far? WH is 0-3, with losses to Whites Creek, Gallatin, and East Lit.. Either the boys are not very talented or are slow to play like Coach Smith wants them to play. Our guards are having a rough time handling pressure and we are lacking in the rebounding dept. Alex Lyon, last years starting PG is probably the leading rebounder so far. That won't cut it. Jake Smith is looking good shooting the 3's. Hopefully, that will open up some interior passing lanes. We better get it together quick or it may be a long season. Goodpasture seems to be playing the best IMO right now. Hopefully we can get on the winning track with a win vs. portland tonight.

Edited by pitchfork1

Well, the season has started. What's the records so far? WH is 0-3, with losses to Whites Creek, Gallatin, and East Lit.. Either the boys are not very talented or are slow to play like Coach Smith wants them to play. Our guards are having a rough time handling pressure and we are lacking in the rebounding dept. Alex Lyon, last years starting PG is probably the leading rebounder so far. That won't cut it. Jake Smith is looking good shooting the 3's. Hopefully, that will open up some interior passing lanes. We better get it together quick or it may be a long season. Goodpasture seems to be playing the best IMO right now. Hopefully we can get on the winning track with a win vs. portland tonight.

Greenbrier lost versus Harpeth and Stratford in the season-opening HOC games. Played spotty versus East Robertson but pulled out a win, and then got tapped by a Heritage team that IMO isn't as good as East. Young is a great scorer, but has too many unforced turnovers which is sad b/c he's a better decision-maker than that. Allen had a couple good games (blocks/reb's/pts) and a couple dud games--typical of a young player. I also like Lynn inside--not because he's a great threat but b/c he has heart and he grabs boards like a truck!

Next game is vs St. Georges at Vol State 12/1.

Went to see CPA at Goodpasture last night. Don't let the final score (69-50 CPA) fool you: this was anyone's ball game with about 4 minutes left. Goodpasture showed grit and poise and got solid performances from top to bottom. I could see them winning 9AA ...IF they could play like that night after night.

Goodpasture is the best team in this district. The others are playing for 2nd. Sycamore, Greenbrier, White House, and Westmoreland will play you tough and give great effort but they just don't have the horses this year that they've had in years past. Good luck to everyone!

No doubt about Goodpasture. They are definitely the class of 9-AA. The Cheatham County Cubs looked good last night even without their starting center. Walloped the Devils by 33 I think. The Devils have a LONG ways to go. We're 0-8 and have played a tough schedule for this particular squad.

No words for this Greenbrier team. Losing to Jo Byrns?

EXACTLY Flip! Young is back to the bad decision-making, the coach has them looking for the 3-pt goal instead of working the big Allen kid (only got fed about 4 times the whole nite), and they're running a stall offense.....EVEN WHEN THEY'RE BEHIND! SMH..... :huh:

I WILL say the senior Richardson had a great night....due to (said it earlier) EFFORT!

"Ive seen all of the posts about this but never seem to get clear answers. So this year we had a Freshman who came over from Sycamore. Played the whole football seadon and started in alot of games. Right after football is over, he bolts back to Sycamore and is playing on their varsity basketball team. Can anyone explain how this is possible? Before anyone brings up financial hardship, the family has money. "

Saw this on the Transfers and eligibility post. Wondered how the rest of the district felt about this.

• 2 weeks later...

District games begin this week. Doesn't sound like many teams were very successful so far, but here we are. Goodpasture seems loaded and ready to go. White House and Mo-town kick off Friday. The Devils better be ready to go or the Eagles might dive bomb 'em. Some defense would be nice. Question, has anyone ever seen the Devils press? I've seen 'em get killed by it but never puttin' it on somebody else. Just a passin thought. Anyways, what's the news from the Eagle's nest? Hahaha. P.S. Happy New Year Everyone (the Mayans were wrong)!