Preseason 9AA Predictions

Cleggy

All this whining about playing private schools and not winning MVP? What are you hillbillies gonna talk about when you go to East Lit and get smacked by some inner city kids? You don't want to play privates, after Saturday you won't want to play inner city schools. Here is an idea, start the FBAA (Farm Boys Athletic Association). That way you can only play small town country boy teams and you can make sure your boy gets the MVP!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this whining about playing private schools and not winning MVP? What are you hillbillies gonna talk about when you go to East Lit and get smacked by some inner city kids? You don't want to play privates, after Saturday you won't want to play inner city schools. Here is an idea, start the FBAA (Farm Boys Athletic Association). That way you can only play small town country boy teams and you can make sure your boy gets the MVP!

Post of the year.

Look the bottom line is Goodpasture won the district. Lynn was the best player. It honestly doesn't matter who ends up where in this district because you still have to go through CPA, East Lit, Maplewood, and Pearl to get a substate birth.

I don't see any of the hillbilly teams advancing. And it's going to be tough for Goodpasture to make it to the region finals.

The only person who will care who won district MVP 10 years from now is Al Bundy.

CPA's second team would beat White House. Actually, I think their JV would probably beat them as well. I look for CPA, East Nashville and Pearl Cohn to advance. The interesting game to me is Goodpasture-Maplewood. Maplewood is such an enigmatic team - all world one minute and mediocre the next. If their Big 3 show up they can be tough. Won't be surprised at any outcome in this game.

Wow? MVP'S do not play in consolation games. Where was Trey when Sycamore beat Macon twice in a couple of weeks? Trey is a good player and I wish him the best of luck, the true MVP won the award.

lmao.your wareagles finished behind macon in the dstrict the last 2 years, if not 3.and in one game macon beat good pasture the winner of the district.your warbirds never even got close and had 3 chances.yes you beat us twice and still finished behind us.got to the championship tournament game and blew it and you want to tell us info.bahahahaha.

lmao.your wareagles finished behind macon in the dstrict the last 2 years, if not 3.and in one game macon beat good pasture the winner of the district.your warbirds never even got close and had 3 chances.yes you beat us twice and still finished behind us.got to the championship tournament game and blew it and you want to tell us info.bahahahaha.

Not Sycamore, wrong wareagles. If Im not mistaken the championship game was pretty close between Goodpasture and Sycamore though. Does it feel good to know you got a 4 point win at home where you shot 20+ more freethrows then the other team where the got 4 un warranted technical fouls and the refereeing was so bad that your own coach apologized for it after the game? Then to go to Goodpasture and get blown out of the gym. You want to complain about privates but do not even realize the huge differences between the small few that can go out and get players. How about scheduling the CPA's, ENSWORTH's, Brentwood Academy (War Eagles), MBA's , JPII and see what a game would be like against a highly recruited team that can really throw some money around. Good luck with Mr. Holt and company this weekend. Remember while your watching that game that Holt wasn't even considered for his District MVP.

I personally am very proud of how our Macon County team has played. Yes the win against Goodpasture was a big upset and yes we lost by 20 at Goodpasture, and we did not play our best in the last 2 meetings with Sycamore. It is difficult for any rural school to compete with the private schools and the inner city schools but what counts is that these boys (on all the teams) give it their best - sometimes you will get the upset and sometimes you do not. Sycamore has really improved on their overall game since the beginning of the season and I commend them on that. Any time no matter what the talent is on a team they can have off nights. Good Luck to all the teams on their remaining games.

Regular season means nothing in basketball Bigstick. Greenbrier beat white house twice during regular season now they are playing baseball while white house still playing basketball. You lost the game that mattered and thats all that Matters. And now it is going to cost you a chance to win a region game because chances of you beating East Lit = 1%.

It is difficult for any rural school to compete with the private schools and the inner city schools

Thats the problem right there. These coaches don't beleive it, parents and fans don't believe it, therefore the players don't believe it. they just hear o well you can play hard make sure you play hard to show up and give your best .. thats BULL I watched an 06-07 White House team with what i would consider one true talented athlete (who is at the NFL combine right now). Go all the way to the state tournament and get beat at the buzzer in a game they should have won in the quarterfinals. So this o we can just play hard and see what happens attitude that has been shown at these rural schools from fans,administration, and coaching IMO is absolutely ridiculous and pitiful. Quit whining and BECOME better players and you will start winning. It always has been and always will be a classic match-up the more athleticially gifted, vs. the high basketball IQ and fundamental teams. Problem is the latter is trying to play to much like the former these days !!

Yes I do realize that 06 07 team didn't have to go through the same region as these teams do now before that music starts being played...

I said it was difficult - I did NOT say it could not be done. Most winning teams have players that do play hard and give it there best or they would not win! Therefore I do not see the problem you have with the statement. I definitely was not whining. I get tired of the whining in alot of these posts myself. If you interpreted that I was whining I did not word it correctly - direct and to the point is "It can be difficult but it is not impossible so man up and play ball and don't whine"