preseason picks for Class AA?

coachrus

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rus, he said IF a team knocks off CPA, a west tenn team will do it and I think that's an accurate post. If CPA doesn't win it this year with what they have, coach should be on the hot seat. And I think jackson south side is the only team in west that might be able to beat them.

Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't trying to be difficult. Jackson South Side sounds like a team to watch this year.

Not sure you can underestimate the loss of AA Mr. Basketball, Craig Bradshaw to CPA. He was a special player that will not be replaced. Granted CPA has a lot of other "weapons", but there is work to be done yet.

If CPA loses a West Tn will be the Team to knock the off! My honest opinion is Jackson southside is better than CPA athletically & pick up ball wise ! Dont get me wrong CPA is up just as good ... The difference between the two Team is coaching southside lacks that while CPA has a good one! If dexter Williams was southside coach they wouldnt win state hands down!!!& would be ranked in the country! Only sad part abt this Match up is... Jackson southside Might not make it out , like the previous years

Thanks. I look forward to watching Jackson Southside play. Sounds like a lot of talent.

In the knoxville area, Fulton will be pretty good. They also have a great coach in Jody wright.

I saw Fulton this summer at camp and I didn't think they looked all that great. They may have had kids out with football or on vacation so it's hard to get a real gauge for how good they will be, Jody Wright usually has them ready to play and their defense is usually pretty good. On the other hand AE is loaded with talent, and should be one of the better teams in the Knoxville area as well as AA. Stone Memorial looks like they'll be just as good as last year.

Edited by QSouth89

man oh man...liberty is down and every basketball team in the state is still 0-0...what a world...with coach TG at the helm i highly doubt the liberty defense falls off at all...matt smith graduating seems to have everyone thinking liberty is all but done for...im curious...but smith didnt exactly have the best of boro trips this past spring and we more than competed...how many athletes do we have to keep putting on the floor before u guys realize we just reload each year...we may be smaller this season...but our guard play should be just as good if not better than anyone elses...

and yes...memphis mitchell...much respect...

I Have to agree with you Liberty continues to put good talent yr after year its crazyy ..everyone take look at this liberty had a entire new starting line up last yr And made it to the boro easily .. the players tht played last yr rode the bench while winning state And the next yr they make a name for their selfs And comes back to the boro..liberty truly RELOADS... different players same DEFENCE beware

I don't know specific names. I know Jackson teams. And I root for Southside... you know the ones that ended your season this year. I also remember when ya'll stole Wayne Chism from us a few years ago. So, yeah I'm bitter. But that's ok, we are gonna bring that GOLD BALL back to the J this year. Hawks!

You really want to go there! First after getting beat down by Bolivar the year before for the gold ball Chism realized that SS did'nt have the talent to compete and he decided he wanted to play for a winner, he choose Bolivar. Second you don't have any names because there are none. Third you did manage to FINALLY beat Bolivar and you were so happy that you forgot to win the next game. Last Bolivar can go polish there THREE GOLD BALLS, Liberty can do the same. SS not so much.

P.S. I do pick Southside to win this year.

You really want to go there! First after getting beat down by Bolivar the year before for the gold ball Chism realized that SS did'nt have the talent to compete and he decided he wanted to play for a winner, he choose Bolivar. Second you don't have any names because there are none. Third you did manage to FINALLY beat Bolivar and you were so happy that you forgot to win the next game. Last Bolivar can go polish there THREE GOLD BALLS, Liberty can do the same. SS not so much.

P.S. I do pick Southside to win this year.

That's all fine and good except that changing schools just for athletics is against TSSAA rules. But it is what it is...all in the past. I just like to stir the pot. Coach Rudisill is a class act and a great coach!

It was disappointing to see the team react the way they did after that game. I told my friend at the game that night we wouldn't win anymore games because the team AND COACH acted like they had just won state and it was only the region semifinals. If we don't win it this year, we cant win it because this team is LOADED! Should be fun...

Those out West have much to be proud of with their rich basketball history and tradition but do not forget how easy it was for CPAAU last year because their roster had more Division I type and college bound players than any other in state. Same will be true this year.

CPAAU? Lol! I hadn't heard that one. I like Cheaters Prosper Academy though. Ha. I hear they aren't real popular up there.