Brentwood vs. Blackman

MyHumbleOpinion

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts? Seems like this will be the best team Brentwood has faced all year. I think Brentwood will win, but it will probably be their smallest margin of victory of the season.

Does Blackman have a passing game? Centennial put up 35 on Brentwood and had receivers open all night. On the flip side, the Brentwood O virtually unstoppable.

Does Blackman have a passing game? Centennial put up 35 on Brentwood and had receivers open all night. On the flip side, the Brentwood O virtually unstoppable.

Passing game comes and goes. Some nights it looks good. Some nights it doesn't. I would say Blackman is pretty balanced between the pass and run. We have receivers with a lot of talent and some good running backs. All year long, we have been turnover prone. Our best game was against Riverdale and we had 2 turnovers and a snap over the punters head in that game. Luckily Riverdale had 4 turnovers. We've had some games with 5 and 6 turnovers. If we can cut those out then maybe we have a chance. We do have a good defense. We have given up some points but when your offense turns it over so much, thats gonna happen. Hopefully we can give Brentwood a game.

Passing game comes and goes. Some nights it looks good. Some nights it doesn't. I would say Blackman is pretty balanced between the pass and run. We have receivers with a lot of talent and some good running backs. All year long, we have been turnover prone. Our best game was against Riverdale and we had 2 turnovers and a snap over the punters head in that game. Luckily Riverdale had 4 turnovers. We've had some games with 5 and 6 turnovers. If we can cut those out then maybe we have a chance. We do have a good defense. We have given up some points but when your offense turns it over so much, thats gonna happen. Hopefully we can give Brentwood a game.

Yes, sitting on the bench.

This game will depend on which Blackman team shows up. If the turnover machine shows its ugly head then Brentwood rolls big. But if that grity Blaze team that beat Riverdale shows up then its a game. The question is can Blackman's D-line win the battle up front and slow the Bruin run game? Its much easier said than done. The true positive about Blackman is that they are starting to get it together in time for the playoffs. Hopefully there will not be any residual hangover from the Riverdale win. Good luck Blaze! This Bulldog fan is pulling for ya.

This game will depend on which Blackman team shows up. If the turnover machine shows its ugly head then Brentwood rolls big. But if that grity Blaze team that beat Riverdale shows up then its a game. The question is can Blackman's D-line win the battle up front and slow the Bruin run game? Its much easier said than done. The true positive about Blackman is that they are starting to get it together in time for the playoffs. Hopefully there will not be any residual hangover from the Riverdale win. Good luck Blaze! This Bulldog fan is pulling for ya.

Your such a nice young man, and I agree with your take. I think the D-Line is the strength of this team but I also thought that before the Siegal game and we looked like we didn't know what day the game was on.popcorneater.gif

I for one will be glad to watch the Bruins face an adversary that has beaten somebody. While I think the Bruins are the complete package, you typically don't grow unless you face the flames of adversity. Other thoughts:

1. It will be fun as always to listen to the Blackman band. We'll trade ours for yours any day.

2. It will be fun to watch a game without worrying that I'tavius Mathers is going to run wild. I saw my son at the UT/Miss. State soiree this past weekend and while we were reminiscing, he told me he still has nightmares about chasing that dude around. I'm sure Blackman has some capable backs(including his brother?) but atleast none of them are named I'tavius!

3. If the D-line is the strength of Blackman, this should make for an excellent match up since the Bruins have an outstanding O-Line.

Here's to a great game by both teams that is entertaining, free of idiot referree calls, and free of injuries!

Edited by lbhiii