Science hill at Dobyns-Bennett

LGVol

We play y'all tough and have a great regular season and lose a game by 3 points that really came down to the last 30 seconds, and yet you still think this was just a fluke. Both teams made mistakes, ours a little bigger than yours obviously. DB and SH are both good teams that both could give Maryville a good game (hopefully). And I really do think DB was only 3 points better than SH. We've both had great seasons, y'all win again, but now it's time to actually prove something in the playoffs. We go far, great.. Y'all go far, that's good too. That just means the Big 8 was a little bit better than what people thought. Just sucks we have to play Maryville again for the 3rd time in a row IF we make it past a good Oak ridge team. Good luck!

If Science Hill hadn't come in undefeated maybe you could call it a fluke. Maybe not. What made a game of it was the Toppers defense. I think the played alot better than most thought they would. The fact that DB had no answer for Reed Hayes was no supprise. The only pass defense we have is a good pass rush and Hayes just ran away from that. If you took Forman and Hayes out of this game it would of been boring.

Well, I was were I always am at a DB game...in my reserved seats on the 40, with a great bunch of DB fans setting around that section. I just wondered where someone would be in that stadium that couldn't see great Coaching that brought a team back, being down 15 points entering the 4th quarter, to win the game with 20 seconds left...that's all. And then call his coaching "bonehead"?

I said Clark and Carter made some "bonehead" calls, and I said they made some good calls. I didn't say his coaching was "bonehead". Don't put words in my mouth just to try and make yourself look like DB's #1 fan. I was 100% correct in what I said. Anybody with half a brain would know that. If I remember correctly you started a thread all on your own after last years playoff loss to Sevier Co. BLASTING Coach Clark's play calling. So don't try to preach to me. I just pointed out the obvious.

Hey whats your prediction next Friday night........65-14 or something like that?

I said Clark and Carter made some "bonehead" calls, and I said they made some good calls. I didn't say his coaching was "bonehead". Don't put words in my mouth just to try and make yourself look like DB's #1 fan. I was 100% correct in what I said. Anybody with half a brain would know that. If I remember correctly you started a thread all on your own after last years playoff loss to Sevier Co. BLASTING Coach Clark's play calling. So don't try to preach to me. I just pointed out the obvious.

Hey whats your prediction next Friday night........65-14 or something like that?

Yep, that was about the most stupid thing I ever did. How about that bonehead call Clark made with 5:35 to go in the game. Game tied 34-34. DB was punting with a 4th and 4 on their own 30...the Toppers for sure would of had the ball no worse than their 40, with the ball on a game winning drive.... but Clark called a play that made the Toppers jump off sides and give the Indians a 1st down. Then he took that 1st down and that 5:30 left in the game and took it all the way down to the Topper 18 and they kicked the game winning field goal with 20 seconds left. I wonder if those Topper Fans, Players and Coaches thought that was a bonehead Coaching call.

Edited by ArtVandalay

I think this was a players game. Clark and Carter both made some good calls but they also made some real bonehead calls. After missing the extra point Clark should not of went for two on the next TD. He should of waited until he really needed to go for two. We missed on the 2 point try and that put us behind the eight ball. We got lucky when SH also missed a kick. And coming out after halftime and trying to throw. Being behind and outplayed by SH closing the half they had all the momentium. We should of went straight to our strenth.....Foreman and Swafford running the ball. Science Hill almost put the nail in the coffin because of the way we came out. And why Carter didn't use his timeouts in the end is baffiling. Seems like he did the same thing in a loss last year. So I think this game was about the players on both sides. The coaches didn't do anything to write home about.

Here is my post. Read it again. I said Clark and Carter also made some good calls. The calls you are talking about were obviously 'good calls". So whats your point? Im not the only one on here that has pointed out the obvious bad calls. You need to get over it.

As I recall, your insight into how last night's game would go was just about as good as anybody's. There was no reason for all the over optimism that was espressed on this thread by some others. We'll see if our fans take a more measured approach to their prognostications for the DB/Bearden game.

You are correct, Clark made some apparent bonehead calls. That's why I was privy to a chorus of "Oh Come On"s from my neck of the reserved seating. Some good play calling as well.

Here is my post. Read it again. I said Clark and Carter also made some good calls. The calls you are talking about were obviously 'good calls". So whats your point? Im not the only one on here that has pointed out the obvious bad calls. You need to get over it.

uh...yeah...your last line Waco...."The coaches didn't do anything to write home about."

I refer you to the entire 4th quarter for DB to say bull crap on that. And especially the Game Winning Call of the night that I just laid out for you. I wasn't sure if you saw that part of the game or not.

And...the fact the last drive, the Indians started on their own 4 yard line...that could help my point to.

I guess it was the "bonehead" thing, Waco.

Edited by ArtVandalay

I'm just happy for all the DB players and coaches that put in all the countless hours this year and don't have to hear all the crap about getting beat by SH.The rest of us are fans and some like the parents and those that volunteer their time,do have more invested,but none of us put in the work that those kids and coaches do.Nomatter how big we value our opinions,they are the ones that feel a loss or deserve credit for a win.The rest of us are along for the ride,and what a ride it was friday night.Thanks guys and good luck next week.RTR

uh...yeah...your last line Waco...."The coaches didn't do anything to write home about."

I refer you to the entire 4th quarter for DB to say bull crap on that. And especially the Game Winning Call of the night that I just laid out for you. I wasn't sure if you saw that part of the game or not.

And...the fact the last drive, the Indians started on their own 4 yard line...that could help my point to.

I guess it was the "bonehead" thing, Waco.

What part of "made some good calls" don't you understand?

Here is my advice to Clark from my point of view. Shotgun spread with Foreman the rest of the way. I don't think he can be stopped. Its not brain surgery. Its worked when we run it. So that's all we need to do. That will also give him an edge in seeing the field to pass. #6 got us here so keep riding the same horse.

I missed the game of the year. I've been out of town for two weeks and just got back today. It took me about 1 hour just to catch up on CoachT. Does anybody know if this game will be replayed on TV next week? I know they do that sometimes. I heard Swafford didn't practice last week because of a turned ankle and got hurt again in the first quarter last night. Any updates?