4A Teams to watch for when playoffs start

libtech

Covington should come out of the west, they are the real deal. I cant see anyone in West TN beating them. Maybe Lexington would have the best shot, but who knows. Football is a funny game. Any team can win on any given day. Trezvant is at a disadvantage with having to play Covington in the 3rd round possibly. Dyersburg is also a good team that has a disadvantage with possibly getting Covington in the 2nd round.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahahaha now that's funny.

Nobody wants to hear anything about them.

They have no sportsmanship whatsoever.

I'm sure everyone remembers the title game and how they played dirty on extra points and on the center through the game. They are a complete joke. I'm sorry but that's my opinion

... and a completely judgmental and biased one at that!

Covington should come out of the west, they are the real deal. I cant see anyone in West TN beating them. Maybe Lexington would have the best shot, but who knows. Football is a funny game. Any team can win on any given day. Trezvant is at a disadvantage with having to play Covington in the 3rd round possibly. Dyersburg is also a good team that has a disadvantage with possibly getting Covington in the 2nd round.

AGREE i see covington in championship. I didnt say they will win but they should play for it.

LA team would wear a glass slipper. Sounds like a bunch of girls to me

Yea I can name 4 other teams that thought the same about us a few years ago. They were sitting in the stands for that last game while we were winning the gold. LA doesn't get a lot of respect statewide when it comes to football but I think that's gonna change soon. There practicing hard and playing good. I look for them to make a long run in the playoffs

is this thread suppose to be about the top teams like district winners...or is it about the underdogs that might pull 1st round upsets...

its almost like u guys are getting offended if someone says ur team might get beaten before the championship...thats why they play the game...who cares if u get 2nd or 4th or 8th...no one...they only remember the champ...

like page beating lexington last year...who picked that upset...prolly only the ppl from page...thats what makes the playoffs exciting...half the teams lose every week

Gerry is there one or two games this week that u think could affect the quads and how they are projected going into week 10. Which games have the most significance.

JCM vs. Jackson South Side is a game to watch.

A win by South Side will probably get them in the playoffs and knock Claiborne out. This means Page would go back to Quad 2, and send DeKalb back to Quad 1.

Grainger vs. Cumberland Gap

A win by Grainger allows them to improve their seeding and get a potential home game if Dekalb stays in Quad 2

Notre Dame vs. Grundy Co.

Notre Dame determines if they are seeded as a WC or runner up

Sequoyah vs.Sweetwater

Sequoyah determines if they are seeded as a WC or runner up

Stratford vs. Lipscomb Academy

This is a win and your in game, lose and you go home.

Raleigh Egypt vs. Manassas

If RE wins they become a runner up and bump Dyersburg who is 9-1 down to a 6 seed in Quad 4.