Lake County @ Halls

tigertiger

OK, last week is last week. Time to move on for both teams. This has been my favorite game of the year since I remember anything about high school football. A couple of times when we played the Falcons, we mysteriously received a funeral spray in all green from Lake County. Hilarious; but our head coach at the time tried to use that as a way of firing up the troops. Back in "the day" a loss in this game wasn't good enough to make the playoffs; even if you finished 9-1 overall, which happened a couple of times to my recollection.

This is a huge game for Halls...for both teams really. I've looked at the teams tied with us and that are directly under us in this week's playoff matrix and it "looks" like we are in no matter what. I would love to take this one to be in for sure, to finish 500, for the rivalry and to say we took runner up on the A side of the district. A week ago the TSSAA had us hosting a game; I think that is probably lost now with Gleason up a game on us, but who knows. Even still, I'd like to win and take my chances in Tater Town than have to go back up to Union City again.

Here are the comparisons with the teams we have each played this year:

Greenfield - LC won 47-28, Halls won 37-7

Peabody - LC lost 34-32, Halls lost 48-17

Union City - LC lost 34-28, Halls lost 42-0

South Fulton - LC won 58-27, Halls won 16-14

Humboldt - LC lost 40-26, Halls lost 29-14

Lake County has won the last three in this rivalry.

I hope we come out with some of that fire we had before our open week.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with LC by 2 touchdowns

Is there any rain in the forecast for Friday night ? Also do we have a decent chance to play in the postseason this year. Still working second shift at Jimmy Dean/SaraLee/Hillshire Brands....Hillshire Brands being the new name. Still making sausage...#1 in the USA......BUT MAN DO I MISS THE FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL!!!!

Is there any rain in the forecast for Friday night ? Also do we have a decent chance to play in the postseason this year. Still working second shift at Jimmy Dean/SaraLee/Hillshire Brands....Hillshire Brands being the new name. Still making sausage...#1 in the USA......BUT MAN DO I MISS THE FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL!!!!

Lake Co is in for sure even if they lose to Halls. .Halls is in also for sure if they beat LC.If Halls loses tonight they would have to have help with 2 of 4 other teams losing tonight. Cornersville,McEwen,RBS,Wayne Co.Two of those teams will have to lose togight for Halls to make it if Halls loses to LC. I think Cornersville will win which doesn't help Halls.I think Wayne Co-Perry Co could go either way.If Perry Co wins ,it really helps Halls.But I think Wayne Co wins which hurts Halls also.So that's two games that will hurt Halls,But the other two games McEwen would have to beat Clarksville Ac and I dont think they will so that helps Halls.Then RBS plays Trousdale Ac.I think Trousdale will win that game so Halls sneaks in with two of the four teams losing..If Perry Co wins over Wayne Co,then I think Halls can breathe a little easier and I think for sure they get at least one win between Trousdale-RBS game and Clarksville Ac-McEwen.

Plan on going over and talking to Tiger.Heard he opened up his arms to heaven and asked for rain.He got it plus cold weather also which hurts LC.Maybe a prelimanary of the Frankenstorm hitting the East coast

Edited by mrbigster