Future of Soddy Daisy Football

SDFOOTBALLFAN

As a HS Football coach, after listening to yall blast the crap out of your recently departed coaches, the available players, the administration and the future of the program, I can't imagine why any experienced Head Coach worth hiring would want to come to your school. Honestly, I haven't read much on this thread that would make me think, "hey that might be a great place to rebuild a once proud tradition."

Instead, Im thinking more like, "Glad I don't have to listen to that garbage from parents and fans every week when the real problem is that they are in the kids' heads so bad I cant find space for my playbook."

It's HS football people....it's not like you're gonna get the latest line from Vegas or anything. Grow up....graduate from the school and let your kids take over and enjoy it....it's not about YOU. Let the coaches coach. Let the kids PLAY. Be supportive, not destructive. The kids see what gets written on here and it affects their perception of their coaches. All because you guys wanna fight over who can be the first to post the latest "inside scoop" or tell about "this one friday i was there and saw the coach blah blah blah....". Meanwhile the coach is using every technique in the book to try and get through to his kids, but they ignore him because you say he is an idiot....on their own agenda they are 11 individuals and cannot possibly win....so it looks like poor coaching and they lose. So you blame the coach. Whose fault is it really?

i have found that when I'm on the outside looking in and see/hear fans or parents going on about how bad the coach is it's usually a good, knowledgable coach who is busting his butt to win....meanwhile the parents are undermining him from home by calling him an idiot and teaching their kid to listen to them....do their own thing....dad knows best.

Dad don't know the plays, the system or the philosophy but he is coaching him up in the garage that night. Jr loves Dad and the attention Dad is showing him so he listens. So Jr is now a crappy player because Dad taught him wrong...cause he don't know SQUAT. If you don't play Jr, Dad is offended because he "taught the boy" or "coached him up last night". Dad yells from the stands in a half drunk haze that you're an idiot and should be fired so his buddies parrot the cry. It snowballs to their kids and then to the younger kids who don't even play. Now the program is shot because one hot head moron thought his dumb, forklift drivin butt knew more football than the High School Head Coach who actually played the game, started and faced the pressure of playoff football.....while Dad was picking his nose or poppin zits on the bench. Good job, DAD....

So go ahead....sell the program some more. See what kind of coach you get. You can ruin his job as well so your son can lose with pride knowing his Dad coached him up real good. Twenty years from now the two of you can sit on the couch with a beer and talk about how he ALMOST made it big time. Meanwhile, the HC you COULD have had, who could have won state and gotten your boy to UT, is reading your drivel right now and thinking of staying where he is.

Idiots......

I take it you will NOT be submitting an application? <_<:roflolk:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost ....

you cant reason with those that peaked at 18 and are trying to live through someone else

Remember the "Good ole days???" No sir , actually I dont.... When were they????

This i know for sure.... for any incoming coach that gets the same support from parents and administration you will have a repeat of what you already had. If you have a shift in the support then yes you are right, you may see an improvment.

For the administration and parents talking at the game, yes the first game, you were in earshot of others listening to your scheming. As a parent I was taken back, you do not speak for all of us!

The truth is when you have a program that has the support Soddy Daisy has people are going to complain when you dont win. If you heard parents and administration talking at the first game and coming up with a master plan to run the coaches off the coaches had 9 more chances to make them change their minds. If this coaching staff beats Central and Warren County (which they should have) this probably doesnt happen. It was time for a change and it should have been made as soon as the season was over and not 5 weeks later. Hope they get some strong applicants but not sure it will happen.

The truth is when you have a program that has the support Soddy Daisy has people are going to complain when you dont win. If you heard parents and administration talking at the first game and coming up with a master plan to run the coaches off the coaches had 9 more chances to make them change their minds. If this coaching staff beats Central and Warren County (which they should have) this probably doesnt happen. It was time for a change and it should have been made as soon as the season was over and not 5 weeks later. Hope they get some strong applicants but not sure it will happen.

not if sf when!!!!

Ahm....no

What y'all have to understand is that by undermining the Coaches you are actually screwing over yourself and your kid, plus the kids coming up who want to win. If you want your kid to win and be successful, shut your mouth and let the coaches coach.

You don't have to like them, but they are one of the most important influences your young man will remember when he is thirty and has to choose between all sorts of things, good and bad. Every former HS Football player can remember their coach. When Mom and Dad influence that memory because they believe their opinion is both informed and important they are dead wrong. They aren't in staff meetings, watching film, game planning, scheming, teaching techniques, instructing individual positions on their assignments and making calls based on their educated study of the opponent. You don't know who the weak guard blocks on a 27 trap versus a 4-3 because you don't even know where then seven hole is! So, if you are undermining those efforts you are preventing the team from winning....hurting your son and his friends, and showing your neighbors what a moron you are.

You wanna win, embrace the new coach and his staff. Support the booster club and defend the coaches' actions as if they were your own. Help your son understand that the coach is making the best decision he can based on the information he finds on film and in studying the opponent and his own players. Tell your son to be on time and pay attention in practice. Encourage them to workout and eat right in the offseason, or play other sports. Get involved in a positive way, thinking of your son, not yourself.

NO COACH EVER TRIED TO SCREW OVER YOUR KID OR LOSE A GAME! THEY WANT TO WIN MORE THAN YOU DO BECAUSE THEIR HOUSE PAYMENT DEPENDS ON IT!! Which is why the good ones don't take jobs where the fan base, especially the parents, are not supportive of the coaches and the program. Nobody playing this weekend is going to show up with 100 fans....they all travel well because good coaches take good jobs. Good jobs mean good fans and great parents so they will all bring fans who will cheer and support. Make yours a good job and you will win. Right now you are one of the worst jobs I have seen in a while.

The opinion that matters is that of the people in the administration at the school and the coaching staff. If the parents aren't part of the solution, they are the whole problem.

The moaning and groaning from parents/supporters is a part of it, even at very successful programs. Would you rather there be interest enough for the complaining, or be at program with 100 people in the stands and no kind of booster club support to help with all the necessary assistance.

That depends on the complaining and what they are saying to the kids I am trying to work with to win ball games. Then there is the scheming to destroy the program so the coach gets fired. Thats just stupid because you only hurt your kid. I would be glad for the interest and would love the support, but what is being said on here and in your stands is only hurting the program....that every coach can do without. If your HC is not the right guy then let the administration evaluate him at the end of the season and move on. Don't undermine your kid's season and possibly destroy a guy's career based on what you saw in the first half of game one. That's just stupid.

Hey, I have no dog in this fight because I don't live anywhere near Soddy Daisy and I don't have a kid there. I'm just a guy who was scrolling through reading whats up with a program I have heard alot about from some old timers I have worked with. So you can take my advice or leave it. It just sounds to me like there are some people who want to win and others who want to prevent good coaches from winning and get them fired (in this economy, are you serious?). It also looks like the parents are out of control, putting their own self centered ignorance ahead of the well being of their child. Maybe I should shut up and schedule your school for next year.

Agree that the coach is liable for the wins, but what had the parents done to undermine the season by that point? Had the kids turned on him because of the parents? How could you expect him to overcome the opinions of a stadium full of parents to win over kids who have known him for a year? We are talking about an underpaid educator who you expect to do a million dollar job of teaching, coaching, fundraising and selling.

I'll flip it for ya. If there was total support and the parents loved him, then he still lost...he isn't getting the job done and should be let go.....after the season and an evaluation by the admin. Maybe the admin has some issues with identifying good candidates.

The reality is somewhere in between all this and if you care you should look at the whole picture because you probably won't be getting any candidates you like with the way your parents and fans are acting. Perhaps the old coach should be allowed to come to the job site of every parent involved and undermine their business or scheme ways to get them fired. Good luck.

Deadly for you to be an outsider looking in and just reading posts you sure know alot about what is going on. Here is what you dont know. The coaches at Soddy Daisy have more support than you think. The booster club takes care of everything for them and I mean everything besides making the schedule and coaching the team. They do nothing to get ready for friday nights besides coach. I have never seen one of the coaches on a lawn mower, painting the field, getting meals for Friday night, helping on clean up days at the stadium or even helping clean the locker room. Ask other coaches around the area if they would like this kind of support and ours dont even stop by to say they appreciate it. The bottom line is when you have parents that put in as much time for the football program as they do at their actual job they have the right to complain if the team is losing. I dont want to see anyone lose their job but when it comes to coaching if you dont win you lose your job and coaches know this when they decide to coach. Maybe if the coaching staff would spend a little more time getting to know the players and their families and actually showing they dont mind helping out a little, Friday nights would not be so bad and people wouldnt lose their jobs. Soddy Daisy needs a coach that is going to get out and get the community involved and have kids excited about playing football. I am not saying Soddy Daisy will ever win a state championship because with the talent they have that is not going to happen but 2 - 8 is not acceptable. They should at least compete for a playoff spot every year and that is all Soddy Daisy fans want.

Deadly for you to be an outsider looking in and just reading posts you sure know alot about what is going on. Here is what you dont know. The coaches at Soddy Daisy have more support than you think. The booster club takes care of everything for them and I mean everything besides making the schedule and coaching the team. They do nothing to get ready for friday nights besides coach. I have never seen one of the coaches on a lawn mower, painting the field, getting meals for Friday night, helping on clean up days at the stadium or even helping clean the locker room. Ask other coaches around the area if they would like this kind of support and ours dont even stop by to say they appreciate it. The bottom line is when you have parents that put in as much time for the football program as they do at their actual job they have the right to complain if the team is losing. I dont want to see anyone lose their job but when it comes to coaching if you dont win you lose your job and coaches know this when they decide to coach. Maybe if the coaching staff would spend a little more time getting to know the players and their families and actually showing they dont mind helping out a little, Friday nights would not be so bad and people wouldnt lose their jobs. Soddy Daisy needs a coach that is going to get out and get the community involved and have kids excited about playing football. I am not saying Soddy Daisy will ever win a state championship because with the talent they have that is not going to happen but 2 - 8 is not acceptable. They should at least compete for a playoff spot every year and that is all Soddy Daisy fans want.

You are still missing the point. If there are parents scheming to get him fired during the game week one, there is no way he can win so all the help from the parents is pointless. You want something (wins), then work really hard to prevent it? That makes no sense.

You expect a coach to come in who will energize the community so that you can take that energy and kill it in the stands on friday night? Wow, this is even worse than I thought. Look back at what you are saying. You think that because you paint the field or sweep the locker room that you are going to get a coach who feels good about you denegrating everything he does? You think that other coaches will say "wow, I would love to be there because I could avoid painting the field in exchange for having parents convince their kid I'm an idiot so they won't be coachable"? The atmosphere you are creating, then arguing in favor of, is absolutely opposite the atmosphere required to win games.

I don't know squat about Soddy Daisy other than the fact that it sounds like a bunch of little kids arguing over candy then throwing it away once they get it. This is something coaches talk about all the time. Word will get around about what the parents are like there and people will stomp a mudhole in each other trying to get away from there. Anyway, again, good luck with the coaching search and maybe you will get someone who just sits back and takes it until you get to argue all this again. Good coaches will take painting the field, cleaning the locker room and doing every bit of the work over what you are offering.

Side note: In large urban districts like Metro Nashville and Memphis the coaches do all the work you say your parents do....go ask Whitehaven's coaches what they do every day. Reduction of parent headaches, and parent SUPPORT are a huge deciding factor in the job search process for a coach.

DeadlyCatch it sounds like Soddy Daisy needs you because you have it all figured out. The coaches do everything and win games and parents shut up so why dont you come apply. I can tell you that there are a bunch of parents that would be happy with that. One last thing I am confused you know nothing about the prgram but yet you know everything that is going on. Sounds like you got your feelings hurt yesterday. Why dont you go get on a thread about your school that busted there tails to get to the playoffs this year and stay off this one......Oh I bet you are full of it and are very close to a Soddy coach if not a coach yourself. Get over it Soddys program will be better in the long run.