Future of Soddy Daisy Football

SDFOOTBALLFAN

DeadlyCatch it sounds like Soddy Daisy needs you because you have it all figured out. The coaches do everything and win games and parents shut up so why dont you come apply. I can tell you that there are a bunch of parents that would be happy with that. One last thing I am confused you know nothing about the prgram but yet you know everything that is going on. Sounds like you got your feelings hurt yesterday. Why dont you go get on a thread about your school that busted there tails to get to the playoffs this year and stay off this one......Oh I bet you are full of it and are very close to a Soddy coach if not a coach yourself. Get over it Soddys program will be better in the long run.

Amen, I am really trying not to have to go into details about the ridiculous lack of responsibilities taken up by the coaching staff. When they already don't do half of what other coaches at other programs do.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeadlyCatch it sounds like Soddy Daisy needs you because you have it all figured out. The coaches do everything and win games and parents shut up so why dont you come apply. I can tell you that there are a bunch of parents that would be happy with that. One last thing I am confused you know nothing about the prgram but yet you know everything that is going on. Sounds like you got your feelings hurt yesterday. Why dont you go get on a thread about your school that busted there tails to get to the playoffs this year and stay off this one......Oh I bet you are full of it and are very close to a Soddy coach if not a coach yourself. Get over it Soddys program will be better in the long run.

Sdfootballfan did you read anything he has said. He said he knows this through the threads that have been posted about us. It isnt hard to know what is going on you all put it on here. He is a coach that just cares. He is trying to give you all some advice because he knows if coaches come on here there is no way they will want the headache for the pay. I am an alumni of sd and am not saying orr should have been allowed to stay. All i am saying is there is a reason why most coaches do well the first year but go downhill for afterwards. See weathers. he was 8-2(not to mention a playoff win) his first year had tons of kids wanting to play. But the next year I think he went 6-4 or 5-5 and he couldnt get kids to play anymore. If slaughter stayed past one year i bet it would have been the same. You say that making the playoffs is all you want but it isnt true. Lets say if we did get a coach that could win and went 7-3 or 8-2 for a couple years. Then 6-4 is unacceptable. Most of the conplainers on here may go away for a while if they start winning but that only last for a little while. See les miles at LSU if you dont think so. In saying all that i dont see how a good coach is going to leave his good job to come to sd. I just hope with this change that we can start supporting our next coach.

Who are some of the names being mentioned with this job? Some that come to mind are Chad Barger who just resigned form Sequatchie and did a good job up there, Tony Webb may be looking to move to a bigger program, Troy Boeck at Signal might want another shot as a head coach. Houston White down at LFO might be a good fit. I know people are going to mention Bill Price and EK Slaughter who both had success there. There are some good coaches in this area that may be interested.

Talk about future middle school athletes. Soddy does not even play a 9th grade football schedule. At least one against the other district teams. The reason is there are no coaches that want to do it.That is plain laziness on your entire staff. How are you gonna attract kids from loftis or soddy middle?

I had a kid that played and the freshman team would get pounded cause the other teams would be playing 9th 10 th and sometimes 11 th graders. Not a lot of schools have freshmen Teams

Edited by gamer

You guys should post this on the 1A / 2A and the 3A / 4A pages also, there are some coaches that could coach up from where they are. SD could once again be a great place to play football again with the right coach. Hoping you guys the best of luck!! :thumb:

There are good coaches that are in 1A and 2A that are ready to leave schools and are great coaches.

Just heard from a source close to the program of who the next head coach will be at soddy daisy! I know the administration stated that they will take their time in finding the right guy for the job, but they already have their guy but due to the coach being in a current position that he will step down from at the beginning of the year they will not announce until then!

Rick Smith

Bob Sanders

Jack Daniels

Glenn Ryan

Bill Price

Tom Weathers

E.K. Slaughter

Kevin Orr

Anybody recognize this list? This is the 8, thats right 8, Head Coaches at SDHS in the last 23 years. Since Rick Smith coached his last season in 1989, 7 more men have attempted to build this program up.

Parent support? Great Booster club? If Soddy Daisy was the dream job that you all seem to think it is, then one of these men would still be leading this program. The sheer number of names on this list speaks for itself. Oh, and at least 5 of these men are still coaching, at least 3 of them are still head coaches, and one is the Hamilton County Schools Superintedant.

Good luck to whoever takes this job. History says you won't last long.

There are good football players walking the halls or going elsewhere to play because of the INCOMPETENT COACHING ABILITY of those fine men trying (not because of lack of community support). There is a fine group of football players at Loftis right now in the 8th grade. They are headed somewhere. They would love to play for the Trojans, but rumor has it a couple may be headed to Baylor and a few to Hixson if changes are not made soon. I do not blame them one bit. I refuse to believe that Soddy-Daisy can't be competitive in football when they are competitive in just about every other sport that they participate, including bowling and skeet shooting. Furthermore, it is beyond just losing a football game. When you think you have to fight to prove something, then there is something very wrong. Unfortunately the kids have not been taught any better because some of the COACHING STAFF has been in fights. And yes it is past time the principal acts. This has been going on for more than one year.

You are going to take your kid out of a academically superior school (Soddy Daisy) and out them into a sub par academic school such as hixson to play football???? Cause SD had a bad season??? So your kid can be a big fish in a little pond???? and you wonder why they call us Soddy Daisy rednecks ???