Bearden at Dobyns-Bennett - Round 1 of 6A Playoffs

DBGRAD70

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Bray done the double slash move a couple of years ago against NC and it was let go by the coaches,I knew TN had made the wrong move.I was so mad that I didn't care about them blowing the game{or getting messed over}however you looked at it,that the loss didn't bother me for the first time. I hate seeing kids do that stuff and someone representing our state school should have a knot jerked on the spot.When you do something good,be excited but do it with class.Yep,I noticed a few of the SH players putting their hands up to their ears towards the DB crowd when they were handing it to DB.I'm not much into karma,but sometimes we all have regrets and wish we done things different.I don't know what the rule is when we score a touchdown,but DB had better watch doing anything like the Tbow from here on out as well.

I'm not saying this to the whole DB fan base, because every fan base has idiots. And I think DB fans were very classy at the game and showed respect, but I did hear that on of the fans on the front row near the visitors locker room told #27 Oryen Scott he "F'ing Sucked" . So you could only imagine what that did to a young teenage kid. Can't always blame the kids.

I'm not saying this to the whole DB fan base, because every fan base has idiots. And I think DB fans were very classy at the game and showed respect, but I did hear that on of the fans on the front row near There visitors locker room told #27 Oryen Scott he "F'ing Sucked" . So you could only imagine what that did to a young teenage kid. Can't always blame the kids.

Oryrn Scott is a good player and played a good game. He should not care what some idiot says. The Toppers have brighter days ahead. ROLL TRIBE

DATE SCORE SCORE Oct. 21, 1955 W 40 Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden High 0 Sept. 4, 1959 W 33 Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden High 0 Sept. 1, 1961 W 60 Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden High 0 Oct. 14, 1997 W 38 Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden High 7 Nov. 9, 1997 W 28 Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden High 0 Oct. 9, 1998 W 38 Dobyns-Bennett vs @ Bearden High 7 Nov. 10, 2000 W 39 Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden High 3 Aug. 31, 2001 W 23 Dobyns-Bennett vs * Bearden High 0 Sept. 6, 2002 W 35 Dobyns-Bennett vs * @ Bearden High 7 Sept. 5, 2003 W 17 Dobyns-Bennett vs * Bearden High 10 Sept. 3, 2004 W 50 Dobyns-Bennett vs * @ Bearden High 6 Sept. 2, 2005 W 23 Dobyns-Bennett vs * Bearden High 7 Sept. 1, 2006 W 10 Dobyns-Bennett vs * @ Bearden High 6 Sept. 7, 2007 L 7 Dobyns-Bennett vs * Bearden High 8 Overtime Sept. 5, 2008 W 31 Dobyns-Bennett vs * @ Bearden High 14 Nov. 12, 2010 L 35 Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden High 41 Nov. 2, 2012 Dobyns-Bennett vs Bearden High 14 2 * Conference Games Games underlined were Play-off games.

I'm not saying this to the whole DB fan base, because every fan base has idiots. And I think DB fans were very classy at the game and showed respect, but I did hear that on of the fans on the front row near the visitors locker room told #27 Oryen Scott he "F'ing Sucked" . So you could only imagine what that did to a young teenage kid. Can't always blame the kids.

We had fans in that section throw stuff a couple of years back as well.The team going in the locker room was taunting the fans that night.That's where the line is really crossed when that happens.I don't care if a kid is putting his hand up or whatever,they are still high school kids.I'd hate to have a kid of mine hurt because his team member didn't know how to act{his coaches didn't stop him} and the crowd through something.Bung holes in every fan base,even DB's

you can just stop with the angle that Science Hill fans were above the fray. I work with a DB fan that sat on the SH sidelines and heard more than one fan yelling to break Malik's M$%^&^& F@#*%^& ankles and yelling at the SH players not to help the M$%^&(^% FW#%$^#^# DB players up. So there are fanatics in every crowd. Not to mention what orangeandwahite spoke of. :thumb: I guess 18 years will do that for a fanbase.

I think DB as a school showed a lot of class and respect to SH ...bringing out the Topper

band to play with the Tribe Band and allowing the SHHS Band Director to lead the Anthem...in one of the most incredible atmospheres in East TN Football History. And we still heard the Topper fans crank up the Burn DB cheer when they took the 15 point lead...am I right?

So! A few boneheads are everywhere

I think DB as a school showed a lot of class and respect to SH ...bringing out the Topper

band to play with the Tribe Band and allowing the SHHS Band Director to lead the Anthem...in one of the most incredible atmospheres in East TN Football History. And we still heard the Topper fans crank up the Burn DB cheer when they took the 15 point lead...am I right?

So! A few boneheads are everywhere

By the way Art,speaking of a band,SH done it the way DB used to before the director got sophisticated,or what ever that crap he makes the band play is.As much as I hate to say it,even the Michael Jackson show the band done was great music and something to look forward to.